Savers Health and Beauty Work-Life Balance reviews

Fast paced and fun company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheshire12 March 2019
Been working for this company for 5 months now and it is the best one I have worked for yet, the management team give you all the support you need to do your job to the best of your ability, all the stores help each other out, it's like one big family and that's what you need when coming to work, the days go so fast, there is always something to do in the store and never get tired of doing this job.
Best decision I made was moving to this company
Best first 6 months in any role!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear7 March 2019
I’ve been a Store Manager with Savers now for 6 months. Genuinely the warmest welcome of any company I’ve worked for. The day to day life is fast paced, but in retail you get out of it what you put into it, if you’re prepared to work hard and do what you can to enhance the business you’re definitely rewarded for that. The pay is good and fair for the work you do, it’s probably as multi-faceted as any Store Manager position, you work within guidelines but do have the autonomy to make the right decision by your store. It’s the only company I’ve ever worked for with actual perks, that aren’t fictional or subject to constantly moving goalposts. They invest a lot of time and money into their people and that really shines through. Looking forward to a long career with this company.
Pros
Company perks, discount, great atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Best company I have worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire27 February 2019
Savers is all about the people, I have worked for a lot of retailers, big and small, but have to say savers is the best, there is support when needed and always some one to help.
It's hard work, but most retailers are, but the rewards are there for the taking!!
The progression is fast, so if your looking to work up in a company, savers is the one for you!

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

Savers definitely are about the people, and its great that you agree! It's great that you feel you are offered support continuously and you are offered progression!

Thanks,

Savers

You get out what you put in !
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 February 2019
Been working for Savers for 18 months and within this time got my own store. Lucky to have a great area manager and get rewarded for all the hard work done. As in life if you work hard you reap the rewards !
Pros
Job security, work life balance even at Christmas !
Cons
Can be long hrs

Thankyou for the review!
It's great to see that your hard work in the past 18 months have paid off and you've got your own store. Congratulations!

Best of luck and contact the People Team if you need anything!

I love my job
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Enfield Highway11 February 2019
I've worked for my store since June 2018 it's the best thing I ever did. We are like s family giving the best of the best customer sevices. I know if I had a problem I can go to any manager and they will take the time to sit and talk to.me and slove it the best way they can team heartord road our area manager is amazing never had s problem and not s bad word to say so if your looking for a job that welcomes u and will make u feel part of a team apply today the company love meeting new people
Pros
Good pay great team
Cons
Pay rise plesee lol

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving us this review! It's so great to hear you're having a good experience in our store as a customer assistant, and that you feel you can go to your Area Manager for support!

All the best and please contact the People Team if you ever need anything,

Saver
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford7 February 2019
Generally just an okay average company, was abit boring working there - staff were nice enough, will be on your feet alot and bending down alot so may get abit back pain but overall fine
20 February 2019

Thanks for the review!

We are glad you had a positive time with us, our stores can be fast paced. We continuously focus on improving our standards, which shows after being votes in the 30 best big companies to work for!

Best of luck in your career!

Savers

Love being part of a fab team and a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex18 January 2019
I have worked for Savers for 13 years, started off as a sales assistant and worked my way up the ladder as there is always great prospects for promotion if you work hard and want the role.
I feel the company is growing from strength to strength they really have a family feel about them and this is the feeling across the team
I like the fact that we are a discount retailer but have that extra factor great customer service.Yes I work hard but in retail you have to be focused and productive. Ive never had any issues with the higher management as good relationship are just the norm.
Love being part of the Savers Family
Pros
Fun place to work family feel
20 February 2019

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

It's great that you are enjoying your time with us and that you have grown with us! Savers is all about building relationships and it's good that you agree!

Good company
Apprentice/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham13 January 2019
I worked at Savers for two years and completed an apprenticeship here. Overall a good company to work for and a great starter job for school-leavers. Much better than some companies!
4 February 2019

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so glad you enjoyed your apprenticeship with us and it helped kick start your career!

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 December 2018
it was good, however we had to make sure that the shop floor is clean and tidy, customers are being seen and spoken to. everything was looked after and clean.
Pros
free lunch
4 January 2019

Hi there,

Thankyou for your review! It's great that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customers always came first!

Best of luck in your career

Great Place to Work
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands7 December 2018
A brilliant Company to work for . I have been with the business for almost 10 years and I really enjoy it.
It is hard work but the Rewards are huge if you are prepared to put in the effort and commitment .
The business has a real family feel and it is so great to be a part of it .
Pros
rewards and benefits
Cons
Hours can be long
20 December 2018

Thanks for the review!

It's great to read how long you've been with us and that you love being part of the savers family!

Many thanks,

Productive and enjoyable
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire3 December 2018
A good company to work for who provide their staff with opportunity to progress and encourage development within the business which is motivating for employees.

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving your review.

We love hearing that you are getting the opportunities to progress and develop within our company and that you feel motivated!

Great Place to Work!
People Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Field Based30 November 2018
Working in the field provides alot of flexibility with visiting stores and working from home. Savers has a family culture ethos where everyone is working towards the same goal and will support each other to achieve this.

I love the freedom I have to be able to do my job with the support on hand from my Manager when needed and being able to make a difference.
Pros
Flexibility, Working Hours, Career Progression and Development

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us this review!

It's so great to hear you enjoy the Savers ethos and that youre supported by everyone to achieve goals together!

Hearing that you are able to make a positive impact and a difference in Savers is a great skill to have!

Savers

Warm friendly and happy teams
People Advisor (Current Employee) –  Head Office Dunstable30 November 2018
Love working for Savers, helpful and friendly colleagues there is always someone that can help you and generally with a smile on their face, top team completely approachable. Exciting growing business where I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Excellent canteen, on site facilities and discoutns

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

its to great to hear how much you love working with us and that all are happy to help with smiles! It's amazing that you are learning new things every day is amazing!

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex23 November 2018
Since starting at savers I have never felt more welcomed into the work family. They all look out for me and always find ways to make me feel comfortable. It is an enjoyable job and an amazing place to be. Working with my collegeues makes me lose track of time and that’s what makes the job so enjoyable, the savers team
29 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for your feedback!

We are so pleased that your time with us so far has been an enjoyable one! It is so great to hear that you work as a team and that you're now part of the Savers Family in store!

If you need anything please contact the People Team,

Savers

Excellent company to work work with a great retail ethos
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire23 November 2018
Savers is a company who has not yet lost its 'small family' feel, which is something not many businesses out there have managed to hold on to.

The team in the head office is a small one, however we all support and learn from each other, which is a perk, as you always gain new skills as well as develop your current ones!

The worplace environment is not very hierarchal and everyone is approachable, courteous, with an overall feeling of positiveness.

My role, as any other role, can be challenging at times, but this is what keeps me focused and interested and I always have something to learn from my interaction with customers and external contacts.

I enjoy acting as the first point of contact between Savers and the customer and I always strive to ensure that the service I deliver is fully tailored and of a high standard. Nothing makes me more satisfied than receiving compliments for our store teams or a small note / card from a satisfied customer, thanking us for resolving their issue.
Pros
Open & collaborative working environment
Cons
Stepping up the career ladder can be difficult
29 November 2018

Hi there,
Thankyou for leaving us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that your career with us is going well, and that working as a team in head office has helped you develop and gain new skills!

At Savers we pride ourselves on having a team orientated atmosphere and its great that you agree!

Savers

Fast paced discount retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2018
An ever changing range of health and beauty product, but prepare for long hours and very tight staffing budgets.

5 years ago I often worked over 60 hours per week.
19 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review!

We're sorry that you often had to work long hours, but hope you enjoyed your time with us!

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career,

Best,

not fun
supervisor (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2018
it is a ok company to work for
not a great job or pay
not reliable
not kind
needs some more training for most management
some stores need to close down asap

Hi,

Thankyou for taking us the time to leave this review. We are sorry that your time with us wasnt what you expected. If you'd like to raise any issues then do not hesitate to contact Savers People Team

Best of luck in your career.

Not pleasent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 October 2018
Expected to work 60+ hours per week annd only get paid for 39, supposed to get days in place of this but never happens. Seems you have to be a drinker to fit in with management, favouritisum and bullying happen regulary. No back up from head office, unrealistic targets, unachieveable bonus scheme, i would not recommend savers as a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay

Hi there,

Thankyou very much for leaving the review, we really appreciate the feedback.

Were very sorry to hear that you had to work over the hours of your contract, and the issues you had in store. I would advise you to contact the People Team regarding the issues you said about as we'd like to get them sorted.

We wish you well in your career,

Savers

Horrible place to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford9 October 2018
Mangerment don't listen when you have problems they allow bullying within the team and don't do anything about it, if your face don't fit your get a hard time

Hello,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us the review.

At Saver's we do not tolerate bullying in the workplace, and I'd really recommend contacting The People Team regarding this.

We wish you the best of luck in your career

No structure
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, West Dunbartonshire19 September 2018
This company claims to be in the top 50 best companies to work for in the UK, however that would probably be for the head office staff who are extremely detached from the reality of working in one the stores.

Staff are expected to get to the store for 5.30am and are often asked to work until store closing time at 6pm and are out for 6.30pm.
The staff canteen was little more than a cleaning cupboard with one small table, one seat, no heating, faulty light, dingy and full of cleaning stuff such as bleach, mopes and brushes.

For the life of me I can't see why working in a store for Savers would be a great experience. Staff under pressure to meet excessive add on sales. Stores are usually in very run down shopping centers or town centers with high levels of crime. The stores themselves are small and so cramped that staff are fighting for space to breath in with customers.

Top 50 company to work in? No chance...
Pros
Cons
long hours, rude customers, no structure, no staff canteen provisions, back breaking work, rubbish pay, cramp little stores, under pressure all the time.

Hi,

Thank you for leaving your review.

At Savers we really care about our in store teams, and I would strongly recommend contacting the People Team regarding the issues you've raised above.

Thanks,

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.