Savers Health and Beauty Pay & Benefits reviews

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham11 August 2018
I joined savers in July 2017 and after the initial 2 week induction started my role as an Assistant Manager in the Bishop Auckland store. In the year that I have been there I have learned a lot about both the company and my personal strengths.
The role is varied and no 2 days are the same, it can also be hard work more often than not, but extremely rewarding. The company as a whole is fantastic to work for, there is great support from head office, area managers and surrounding stores.
There is plenty of opportunity for progression as I myself have progressed to Store Manager recently, the company also offer different courses for progression which are extremely helpful in gaining extra knowledge and support for your role.
Savers also offer an amazing bonus scheme to all store management, which is very rewarding and very achievable and defiantly worth the hard work that goes in to achieving it.
If you are hard working, lead from the front and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment then Savers is defiantly for you
Pros
Salary, Career Progression, fantastic benefits
2 November 2018

Hi There,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave this review.

We are so happy that you have had an amazing experience with Savers and that your hard work has progressed you to a Store Manager, Well done! At Savers we love to help develop our teams and it's great to hear that you've had good support from head office, area managers and other stores!

Many Thanks,

Poor company
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Musselburgh, East Lothian24 October 2018
I was working for savers for 6 weeks, training wasn’t what I expected as I wasn’t really showen much to do with how the company runs. Then put into a store where the manager didn’t show me anything or help me run the store. I done a few thing around the shop which I was told to do, then on the manager returning from a day off, she goes ahead and changes everything I did. I felt like there was no point. As well as that, the store was very unliked and didn’t have a good feel to it, specially when members of the public can’t stand the manager and wouldn’t come in if she was in the store. All in all I wouldn’t recommend this company ever again.
Pros
Good company benifits
Cons
Don’t expect a quick career change within the company
9 November 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us and if there is anything you would like to discuss further then please contact our people team.

We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Not pleasent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 October 2018
Expected to work 60+ hours per week annd only get paid for 39, supposed to get days in place of this but never happens. Seems you have to be a drinker to fit in with management, favouritisum and bullying happen regulary. No back up from head office, unrealistic targets, unachieveable bonus scheme, i would not recommend savers as a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay
9 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou very much for leaving the review, we really appreciate the feedback.

Were very sorry to hear that you had to work over the hours of your contract, and the issues you had in store. I would advise you to contact the People Team regarding the issues you said about as we'd like to get them sorted.

We wish you well in your career,

Fantastic company!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 June 2018
I've been a store manager in other companies and I must say, after just 5 months with savers, I can open heartedly say, they really do care about their colleagues.

3 weeks training in management and constant support from my area manager who is easily the best AM I have ever had the pleasure to work for.

The support network is absolutely second to none, need any help? Just call People services and the company do everything they can to support you and your store.

The rewards with savers are incredible, no other company openly pays for holidays, events, parties and holds competitions to win 2 weeks laid holidays across the world. Massive discounts everywhere, tons of perks and a brilliant head office team make this a place to stay.

Trust me, ignore the negative comments here, if you need help whilst working, just ask any member of manager or head office and you'll see why they're the number 1 best company to work for.

Even with huge problems with deliveries or staff, the area managers and head office team work tirelessly to support, aid and help you and your team overcome any obstacles.

If you're considering applying, do it. You won't regret it!
Pros
Fantastic support, excellent communication, good breaks, salary is very good, no micro management.
Cons
Very long hours but if you don't mind hard work it's not a problem.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for leaving us this amazing feedback! We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

Savers

Good benefits but some cons
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2018
Its a good jobs for students, quite simple responsibilities and the pay is quite good. You also get quite a few benefits like discounts too. However you were unable to choose your shift times (this is what I experienced within the 4 months I worked there) which meant I was closing up every Sunday and getting the undesireable hours on the weekend.
Pros
Good pay and discounts
Cons
Lack of shift choice and bias management
2 November 2018

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so happy to hear you had an enjoyed your time with us! We're sorry that the store wasn't too flexible with the shift times, if you'd like to discuss this further please contact the People Team.

Many Thanks,

productive,fun,rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea11 May 2018
A bright friendly environment to work, i have achieved so much and gained so many skills to enable me to continue to build and nuture my career goals, the work place is pleasant, bright and welcoming, the job is physical and demanding but very rewarding and satisfying I enjoy all aspects of the role and continous challenges it brings!
Pros
benefits, job satisfactiopn, progression
Cons
Busy envroment, long hours
22 May 2018

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback!

We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us and wish you the best of luck for the future.

Savers.

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 December 2018
it was good, however we had to make sure that the shop floor is clean and tidy, customers are being seen and spoken to. everything was looked after and clean.
Pros
free lunch
4 January 2019

Hi there,

Thankyou for your review! It's great that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customers always came first!

Best of luck in your career

Savers

Work life balance was hard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sussex2 July 2018
I enjoyed the first few years with Savers, but as time went on it become difficult to balance my home and work life as I was doing long hours.
I chose to move careers as I wanted more time with my family.
Pros
Bonus available to achieve for managers

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your first few years and we are sorry to hear that you struggled with your work/life balance.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Best wishes
Savers

Fast paced discount retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2018
An ever changing range of health and beauty product, but prepare for long hours and very tight staffing budgets.

5 years ago I often worked over 60 hours per week.
19 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review!

We're sorry that you often had to work long hours, but hope you enjoyed your time with us!

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career,

Best,

Good retailer
Shop manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 May 2018
Good employee benefits and discounts
Good bonus scheme
Room for internal progression
Good job security in the retail market
Good company incentives
22 May 2018

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your time with us, and taking advantage of our excellent discounts and benefits package.

Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2018
Everyday is enjoyable and there are new tasks to carry out.
Great company benefits. Perfect job for students and people who are looking for part-time employment.

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this great review!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Not for me
Apprentice Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham28 December 2017
I worked at savers for 2 and a half years.
Starting out as an apprentice I wasn’t expecting much out of it but I made the best friends ever. It was 39 hours a week on basically nothing but you get the chance to work your way up as I went from an apprentice to a supervisor in 2 years.
My manager was my best friend and the only downside was the hours and the stress that it brings.
I got so stressed working with new management I had to leave.
It’s great for part time (if you’re at uni or college) but as a full time job, I 100% wouldn’t recommend.
I used to stay late and not get paid or any sort of praise for it.
Pros
Making friends
26 January 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback - We are so pleased to hear that you made best friends in your store.

All of our stores are like families and we are pleased to hear that you moved up to Supervisor!

If you wish to talk about any issues you may of had, please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Don’t work for Savers !
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Will Not Disclose5 February 2019
Don’t work for savers !

It could be the worst decision you’ll ever make !

Was employed at 16 (paid minimum wage) sold over £200 on sales at tills everyday and worked hard to do so. All I got in return was a bag of 99p sweets !

As soon as I turned 18 they dumped me (because they didn’t want to pay me the higher wage)

Since then the store hires and fires youngesters to avoid paying proper wages and uses cheap labour.

Managers were pocketing items for their own well-being and writing them of as damages.
Cons
Fantastic company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire29 June 2018
I have only worked for the company for a short time, but I love it, it’s challenging everyday but very rewarding.
The company are very focussed on training and setting store managers up to succeed which is a fantastic way of keeping great teams.
It is hard work but the fun we are able to have in store makes up for it.
Anyone thinking of joining this company I would say hand on heart do it as you won’t regret it one bit!!!
Pros
Great benefits, fantastic competitions to be won, great support.
Cons
Non if your not shy of hard work!!

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving this great feedback - we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North West21 January 2018
* Very fast paced environment, means no days are the same and there’s always a job to be done.
* Although the salary isn’t the most amazing for retail management (although probably in line with similar discount retailers), I’ve found the bonus scheme is very fair and the benefits are great
* The training is great and there is a lot of focus on having the right people in the right place and lots of time and money put into advancing the right people to management roles etc
Pros
Feel respected by higher management. Good communication.
Cons
Can be long hours sometimes! Early starts for delivery shifts.
26 January 2018

Hi There,

Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

So glad to hear that you're enjoying your time with us! Keep up the amazing work!

Savers Family

Non satisfactory work enviroment
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire4 June 2018
It is a good company as a whole I believe and I would like to think the store location I was at was an exception.
I found the management hard to please and they were very demanding.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Long shifts
6 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sad to hear you did not enjoy your time with us - if you have anything you would like to discuss further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck in your career,

Savers

Friendly and never a dull moment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot14 June 2018
Savers neath is such a friendly and busy place to work. Everyone who works there has always got a smile on their face regardless if they are busy or not. Its never a dull moment, and a great environment to work in. Savers is very much part of the commumity and second family. It is a very busy shop and if your willing to put the hard work in, savers will look after you, with incentives, staff rewards and benefits, and even a lovely bonus at the end of the year. So if your interested in a new challenge i would definately recommend it. I have been with the company for 3 years now and have never looked back.
Pros
Friendly staff, staff rewards and benefits, development and progression, and yearly bonus, and everyone works together
Cons
At times it can be a bit warm when working in the hot weather working delivery.
27 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback!

We are so pleased you're enjoying your time with us and hope you have many more happy years in your career with us!

Thanks,

Not enough hours.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandwell21 February 2018
I always fond on retail, unless you are a supervisor or in management you don't receive enough hours as they are only allocated to do many hours a week. They should get rid of some staff as they are losing out on money paying extra wages for petty hours.
Cons
No hours.
23 February 2018

Hi There,

We are grateful that you have taken the time to leave us his feedback.

We are sorry that you feel there were not enough hours in your store - we always try to accommodate hours with flexible hours and provide overtime whenever possible.

If you wish to discuss things further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire14 May 2016
Let's see can I say anything good about savers.??????some of the staff I worked with was lovely.some not so much.a couple who was way to close to the manager hence why they got special treatment over others ie cig breaks.contracted to 39 hours but on average always worked at least 50 hours.no lunch breaks.your entitled but you won't ever get one.maybe a sandwich on the go if your lucky.if your kids are sick this particular manager don't do sick.shes made of stone so don't expect anyone else to get sick.you have to sell perfume and rubbish at the till when customers pay for there stuff and if you don't sell you potentialy can get fired.definate favouritism from management.if you get pregnant ooh that is a no no and even if your allowed breaks you still won't get one.your only pregnant by all accounts I think is what gets said.this sounds like a bitter review but it's not trust me.i loved my job when I started but when it came down to it when a company wants you to work 20 hrs for free a week especially at Christmas and January to move the shop about and you don't see your family because they tell you in the contract savers has to be your prioty unless your sick or on maternity yeah I don't think so.family comes first.the salary is rubbish and you don't get paid over time ever unless you are normal 16 hour staff.i feel sorry for everyone who thinks they are going in to the perfect job.they are very wrong.would I waist my time in applying for this job no would be the answer no no no the best thing I did was leave this place and got myself a better job instead
Pros
Cons
Long hours under paid
Worst company to work for!!!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morecambe29 July 2016
If you love not having a social life then this job is for you! I put up with two years of this company and I should have quit during the first week. I wouldn't let my worst enemy work for this company! Savers are the most unproffesional company I have ever come across!!!! At first this company will welcome you with open arms and then once your settled they will treat you like a slave. As for getting out on time, it could be anywhere from 30mins to 2hours after your shift should have ended. Management are money hungry and set unrealistic sales targets which you get a lecture for if not met. SAS comes before customer service, I once made over £200 on SAS alone and still got a call asking me why I had done so bad. I was told one week that my SAS was 'rubbish'' and that was coming from the area manager. Breaks - I don't even know what breaks are anymore! As a supervisor your lucky if you get one break in, your always asked to do jobs whilst your still on your break e.g conference call which then shortens your break. You are made to work in horrid weather conditions in summer with the most pathetic air con, your made to run up and down all day with stock in black pants and a thick polo top which at the end of the day ends up stuck to you. You would get a disaplinary for having one day off and they would make you feel bad as if it's not acceptable to be ill. They would rather you worked whilst ill and spread your germs. Management are very childish and do NOT keep confidential info about staff private. As for supervisor training, it was very poor and I would be given tasks which I've  more... not even heard of and be expected to get on with it and just magically figure out what to do. Staff come and go so your constantly having to adjust to new management. As supervisor you will basically work like a manager but at supervisors pay. You'll be expected to bend over backwards for the company and do everyone else's jobs. If you have a day off you are garenteed to be called in to cover someone's shift. The shop is constantly understaffed which makes it impossible to complete all jobs. I could go on forever but overall this company is a joke!! no matter how desperate you are for a job DONT apply for a Savers job. I walked out with no job to go to and it was the best decision I ever made.  less
Pros
Cons
Long hours, under paid, never praised, treated like muck.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.