Savers Health and Beauty Pay & Benefits reviews

Worked for company for 14 years
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North East12 March 2019
I started off when i was 16 years old and have literally worked my way through the rankings, supervisor, assistant manager and now store manager of one of the busiest stores in the business.

I think the length of service says a lot about savers, I enjoy my job most of the time (like all jobs it does have its bad days) the best part about my job is most definately my team. We are like a little family.

The hours are long and sometimes it is frustrating especially now having a young family myself. However I was able to return to the same store and work around my family with hours that best suits me.

The salary is most definately competitive for the retail sector and the bonus scheme is something to keep you pushing towards your KPI's where you can earn upto 30% of your salary!

If your passionate about retail then savers will be great for you. You get out what you put in.
Pros
Bonus scheme, discount card
Cons
Days can be long
4th Best Big Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gateshead12 March 2019
Wow what can I say proud to be working for the 4th best big company voted in the Sunday Times 2019. Started as an Assistant Manager and was giving the opportunity to devlop futher through the companys internal Empower course, which gave me the skills needed to progress to my current role as Store Manager.
The job in itself is very rewarding, you get a sense of satisfaction when your store is looking great and the dedication and hard work you put into it doesn't get unnoticed by the Area Manager, who is committed to pushing you to the best of your ability. Teamwork is key with savers who are committed to giving 100% customer service at all times.
Bonus scheme is fantastic potential earnings up to 30%of your annual salary!
Fast paced work with a great vibe about the day couldn't think of a better place to work
Pros
Bonus scheme, Teamwork, Training and Development
Don’t work for Savers !
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Will Not Disclose5 February 2019
Don’t work for savers !

It could be the worst decision you’ll ever make !

Was employed at 16 (paid minimum wage) sold over £200 on sales at tills everyday and worked hard to do so. All I got in return was a bag of 99p sweets !

As soon as I turned 18 they dumped me (because they didn’t want to pay me the higher wage)

Since then the store hires and fires youngesters to avoid paying proper wages and uses cheap labour.

Managers were pocketing items for their own well-being and writing them of as damages.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 December 2018
it was good, however we had to make sure that the shop floor is clean and tidy, customers are being seen and spoken to. everything was looked after and clean.
Pros
free lunch
4 January 2019

Hi there,

Thankyou for your review! It's great that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customers always came first!

Best of luck in your career

Savers

Fast paced discount retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2018
An ever changing range of health and beauty product, but prepare for long hours and very tight staffing budgets.

5 years ago I often worked over 60 hours per week.
19 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review!

We're sorry that you often had to work long hours, but hope you enjoyed your time with us!

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career,

Best,

Poor company
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Musselburgh, East Lothian24 October 2018
I was working for savers for 6 weeks, training wasn’t what I expected as I wasn’t really showen much to do with how the company runs. Then put into a store where the manager didn’t show me anything or help me run the store. I done a few thing around the shop which I was told to do, then on the manager returning from a day off, she goes ahead and changes everything I did. I felt like there was no point. As well as that, the store was very unliked and didn’t have a good feel to it, specially when members of the public can’t stand the manager and wouldn’t come in if she was in the store. All in all I wouldn’t recommend this company ever again.
Pros
Good company benifits
Cons
Don’t expect a quick career change within the company
9 November 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us and if there is anything you would like to discuss further then please contact our people team.

We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Not pleasent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 October 2018
Expected to work 60+ hours per week annd only get paid for 39, supposed to get days in place of this but never happens. Seems you have to be a drinker to fit in with management, favouritisum and bullying happen regulary. No back up from head office, unrealistic targets, unachieveable bonus scheme, i would not recommend savers as a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay
9 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou very much for leaving the review, we really appreciate the feedback.

Were very sorry to hear that you had to work over the hours of your contract, and the issues you had in store. I would advise you to contact the People Team regarding the issues you said about as we'd like to get them sorted.

We wish you well in your career,

Savers

Good benefits but some cons
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2018
Its a good jobs for students, quite simple responsibilities and the pay is quite good. You also get quite a few benefits like discounts too. However you were unable to choose your shift times (this is what I experienced within the 4 months I worked there) which meant I was closing up every Sunday and getting the undesireable hours on the weekend.
Pros
Good pay and discounts
Cons
Lack of shift choice and bias management
2 November 2018

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so happy to hear you had an enjoyed your time with us! We're sorry that the store wasn't too flexible with the shift times, if you'd like to discuss this further please contact the People Team.

Many Thanks,

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham11 August 2018
I joined savers in July 2017 and after the initial 2 week induction started my role as an Assistant Manager in the Bishop Auckland store. In the year that I have been there I have learned a lot about both the company and my personal strengths.
The role is varied and no 2 days are the same, it can also be hard work more often than not, but extremely rewarding. The company as a whole is fantastic to work for, there is great support from head office, area managers and surrounding stores.
There is plenty of opportunity for progression as I myself have progressed to Store Manager recently, the company also offer different courses for progression which are extremely helpful in gaining extra knowledge and support for your role.
Savers also offer an amazing bonus scheme to all store management, which is very rewarding and very achievable and defiantly worth the hard work that goes in to achieving it.
If you are hard working, lead from the front and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment then Savers is defiantly for you
Pros
Salary, Career Progression, fantastic benefits
2 November 2018

Hi There,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave this review.

We are so happy that you have had an amazing experience with Savers and that your hard work has progressed you to a Store Manager, Well done! At Savers we love to help develop our teams and it's great to hear that you've had good support from head office, area managers and other stores!

Many Thanks,

Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2018
Everyday is enjoyable and there are new tasks to carry out.
Great company benefits. Perfect job for students and people who are looking for part-time employment.

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this great review!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Savers

Work life balance was hard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sussex2 July 2018
I enjoyed the first few years with Savers, but as time went on it become difficult to balance my home and work life as I was doing long hours.
I chose to move careers as I wanted more time with my family.
Pros
Bonus available to achieve for managers

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your first few years and we are sorry to hear that you struggled with your work/life balance.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Best wishes
Savers

Fantastic company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire29 June 2018
I have only worked for the company for a short time, but I love it, it’s challenging everyday but very rewarding.
The company are very focussed on training and setting store managers up to succeed which is a fantastic way of keeping great teams.
It is hard work but the fun we are able to have in store makes up for it.
Anyone thinking of joining this company I would say hand on heart do it as you won’t regret it one bit!!!
Pros
Great benefits, fantastic competitions to be won, great support.
Cons
Non if your not shy of hard work!!

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving this great feedback - we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!

Fantastic company!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 June 2018
I've been a store manager in other companies and I must say, after just 5 months with savers, I can open heartedly say, they really do care about their colleagues.

3 weeks training in management and constant support from my area manager who is easily the best AM I have ever had the pleasure to work for.

The support network is absolutely second to none, need any help? Just call People services and the company do everything they can to support you and your store.

The rewards with savers are incredible, no other company openly pays for holidays, events, parties and holds competitions to win 2 weeks laid holidays across the world. Massive discounts everywhere, tons of perks and a brilliant head office team make this a place to stay.

Trust me, ignore the negative comments here, if you need help whilst working, just ask any member of manager or head office and you'll see why they're the number 1 best company to work for.

Even with huge problems with deliveries or staff, the area managers and head office team work tirelessly to support, aid and help you and your team overcome any obstacles.

If you're considering applying, do it. You won't regret it!
Pros
Fantastic support, excellent communication, good breaks, salary is very good, no micro management.
Cons
Very long hours but if you don't mind hard work it's not a problem.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for leaving us this amazing feedback! We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

Savers

Friendly and never a dull moment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot14 June 2018
Savers neath is such a friendly and busy place to work. Everyone who works there has always got a smile on their face regardless if they are busy or not. Its never a dull moment, and a great environment to work in. Savers is very much part of the commumity and second family. It is a very busy shop and if your willing to put the hard work in, savers will look after you, with incentives, staff rewards and benefits, and even a lovely bonus at the end of the year. So if your interested in a new challenge i would definately recommend it. I have been with the company for 3 years now and have never looked back.
Pros
Friendly staff, staff rewards and benefits, development and progression, and yearly bonus, and everyone works together
Cons
At times it can be a bit warm when working in the hot weather working delivery.
27 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback!

We are so pleased you're enjoying your time with us and hope you have many more happy years in your career with us!

Thanks,

Non satisfactory work enviroment
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire4 June 2018
It is a good company as a whole I believe and I would like to think the store location I was at was an exception.
I found the management hard to please and they were very demanding.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Long shifts
6 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sad to hear you did not enjoy your time with us - if you have anything you would like to discuss further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck in your career,

Savers

Expect long hours and no reward
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire14 May 2018
Expect to have to smash your limited amount of staff into working on goodwill, a barebones store can leave just a manager and one employee so expect to leave them on a till whilst your literally doing everything else. Oh, and delivery days seem to be never ending out of hours because everything is dumped on shop floor overnight and you have to clear it before opening.
Pros
I actually can't think of one
Cons
Low Morale, minimum wage maximum efficiency

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sorry to hear that you had issue's with staffing and general morale in the store.

If you would like to discuss it further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Thanks,

productive,fun,rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea11 May 2018
A bright friendly environment to work, i have achieved so much and gained so many skills to enable me to continue to build and nuture my career goals, the work place is pleasant, bright and welcoming, the job is physical and demanding but very rewarding and satisfying I enjoy all aspects of the role and continous challenges it brings!
Pros
benefits, job satisfactiopn, progression
Cons
Busy envroment, long hours

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback!

We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us and wish you the best of luck for the future.

Savers.

Good retailer
Shop manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 May 2018
Good employee benefits and discounts
Good bonus scheme
Room for internal progression
Good job security in the retail market
Good company incentives

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your time with us, and taking advantage of our excellent discounts and benefits package.

A decent job to have
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Woolwich3 May 2018
The Job itself was good but staff safety was poor but the store teams are amazing people to be around and was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to work with them
Pros
Bonus and weekly competions
Cons
Upside down working hours

Hi There,

Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you got along with your store family.

With regards to the safety issues, please contact The People Team at Head Office.

Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, Suffolk28 April 2018
A good place to work despite not having steady hours, friendly staff and work environment for the most part, good holiday opportunities and in store training

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. It's good to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career!

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.