Savers Health and Beauty Management reviews

modern slavery
Store Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  south west4 February 2019
company old fashioned, penny pinching you will be treated like a dog but at least a dog gets a drink and a walk you will just be taken for a ride with aswatson.awful company to work for.
Pros
guaranteed hours as they cannot recruit as so awful
Cons
your contract
Love being part of a fab team and a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex18 January 2019
I have worked for Savers for 13 years, started off as a sales assistant and worked my way up the ladder as there is always great prospects for promotion if you work hard and want the role.
I feel the company is growing from strength to strength they really have a family feel about them and this is the feeling across the team
I like the fact that we are a discount retailer but have that extra factor great customer service.Yes I work hard but in retail you have to be focused and productive. Ive never had any issues with the higher management as good relationship are just the norm.
Love being part of the Savers Family
Pros
Fun place to work family feel
Not a nice place to work!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands16 December 2018
What a horrible place to work mangerment had attitude never trained me just dumped on the till and expected me to learn myself when you rang the bell for help there face was like thunder and never even had a toilet on site I would not recommend working for this company there was no team work and there was atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Bad team work and attitude from mangerment and badly organised.
4 January 2019

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!
It's such a shame that you didn't have a good experience in our store, I would recommend contacting the People Team regarding any issues you'd like to raise with them.

Many Thanks and best of luck in your career search.

Poor place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom30 November 2018
Poor management poor head office

Will put it in short terms do not work here

If you suffer a mental breakdown due to work you will face, disciplinary even if you have a sick note they will still take you in for an investigation they have no care for the health of there staff at all you can give your all and it will still not be good enough you won't be able to contest the decision made against you due to the fact you never get copy of the paper work.
Spoken to like dirty all the time by area mangers 0 team spirt always back stabbing going off even from top dogs like the regionals poor wages for the 70 hrs you have to as you can't over spend on wages or higher more staff to help with the amount of changes you have to do every week expected to put your self at risk by going to. Call outs in the middle of the night I could go on and. On and. Still would not have a good thing to say
Pros
Supportive store team
20 December 2018

Hi,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sorry about the issues stated above and we would strongly recommend contacting the People Team to raise them with us.

We wish you the best of luck in your career,

Savers

Difficult and full of flaws
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornbury14 November 2018
I have worked at savers for a few months now and I am already looking to move on. The main problem with this job is that management won't listen to anything said to them. Although the pay is above average the management at my store were very incompetent. They tried to force me to stay by putting me into minus hours of holiday so I would have to work to earn more holiday or pay them when I left. Along with this they were very difficult in giving me shifts and would always give me shifts that I was unable to do due to my college work and this did not stop after I explained this to them. So overall I would not advice working at savers at all.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Uncompromising management
19 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this feedback.
We really reccomend contacting the People Team regarding your issues that you are having in store, we really do pride ourselves in looking after our teams.

We hope to hear from you soon.

not fun
supervisor (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2018
it is a ok company to work for
not a great job or pay
not reliable
not kind
needs some more training for most management
some stores need to close down asap

Hi,

Thankyou for taking us the time to leave this review. We are sorry that your time with us wasnt what you expected. If you'd like to raise any issues then do not hesitate to contact Savers People Team

Best of luck in your career.

Not pleasent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 October 2018
Expected to work 60+ hours per week annd only get paid for 39, supposed to get days in place of this but never happens. Seems you have to be a drinker to fit in with management, favouritisum and bullying happen regulary. No back up from head office, unrealistic targets, unachieveable bonus scheme, i would not recommend savers as a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay

Hi there,

Thankyou very much for leaving the review, we really appreciate the feedback.

Were very sorry to hear that you had to work over the hours of your contract, and the issues you had in store. I would advise you to contact the People Team regarding the issues you said about as we'd like to get them sorted.

We wish you well in your career,

Stay away!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  midlands16 September 2018
Awful company! Rude and aggressive upper management. Very much "if your face fits". Long hours....massive unrealistic workload.

It maybe a discounter...but that doesn't mean you can run a shop with yourself and one other.

If you are looking at a job in retail, you are better off going to another discount retailer who will treat you with respect!
Pros
Discount at Superdrug
Cons
Too many to list!

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Were sorry to hear that your time with us wasn't great, if you would like to raise any issues then please contact The People Team who would be happy to help.

Best of Luck in your career,

Bad manenger maner
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Malden, Greater London5 September 2018
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) – new malden – 5 Augast2018
Had the worst experience working for Savers last year. SAS caused too much pressure, although not many staff members met targets. Rude management team were a nightmare to work for. No sympathy for people who suffer with things such as IBS, or who are starting out in their first job. Pull you in with good words and then as soon as you settle in, it’s a totally different experience. Would not recommend.
5 November 2018

Hi There,

Thanks so much for leaving us feedback!

We're sorry to hear that you're experience with us wasn't how it should be, and if you'd need anything please do not hesitate to contact the People Team

Ridiculous expectations
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire3 September 2018
Forget about having any breaks or any respect for your availability. They care more about their stupid SAS rather than their employees. The company is seriously 10 years behind the rest of the world and the HR care more about the business then the people who are suffering to help run it. I’ve missed out on so many things through not being allowed the time off work I needed
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Active selling, stupid expectations, no respect for availability
5 November 2018

Hi There

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate the feedback.

We're sorry that you didn't feel like you had the time off work you needed, and that you felt the company didn't care about our people.

We've recently been voted in The Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for which is voted by our instore teams. If you'd like any further assistance please contact the People Team who'd be happy to help.

Many Thanks

Savers

the people are very friendly and the the salary and benefits are great
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire26 August 2018
A typical day at work is a happy and friendly environment. i have leant how to work with others and up sell items since ive been working at savers. the management at savers are very helpful and friendly. and the work place culture is fun. the most enjoyable part of the job is talking and helping the customers.
Pros
30% off in superdrug
Cons
packing items
2 November 2018

Thanks for the review!
We're so glad to hear that your work life is a happy and enjoyable experience, and that you've learnt new skills whilst working with us!

Many Thanks and contact us if you need anything!

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham11 August 2018
I joined savers in July 2017 and after the initial 2 week induction started my role as an Assistant Manager in the Bishop Auckland store. In the year that I have been there I have learned a lot about both the company and my personal strengths.
The role is varied and no 2 days are the same, it can also be hard work more often than not, but extremely rewarding. The company as a whole is fantastic to work for, there is great support from head office, area managers and surrounding stores.
There is plenty of opportunity for progression as I myself have progressed to Store Manager recently, the company also offer different courses for progression which are extremely helpful in gaining extra knowledge and support for your role.
Savers also offer an amazing bonus scheme to all store management, which is very rewarding and very achievable and defiantly worth the hard work that goes in to achieving it.
If you are hard working, lead from the front and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment then Savers is defiantly for you
Pros
Salary, Career Progression, fantastic benefits
2 November 2018

Hi There,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave this review.

We are so happy that you have had an amazing experience with Savers and that your hard work has progressed you to a Store Manager, Well done! At Savers we love to help develop our teams and it's great to hear that you've had good support from head office, area managers and other stores!

Savers

Not a nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk1 August 2018
Managers did not speak to the staff with respect. I was promised a Saturday off every other week but this never happened. I would never leave work on time they always made me stay longer even if I was not able to. I was under 18 and doing over 10 hour shifts a day which was illegal. I was crying on a daily basis because it was a horrible place to work. When I left I was not paid the amount I had earnt.
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Long hours, bad management, not paid full

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. If you would like to discuss any of the issues raised further please get in contact with our People Team who can support you.

Wishing you the best of luck in your future,

Worst place ever
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire25 July 2018
I landed up in hospital with heat exhaustion on my one and only day working there was there six and a half hours and had two drink breaks.It was dirty and no thought to health and safety from hazards on the floor blocking fire exits scans missing a joke.
Pros
Cons
Sweat shop

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are cornered to hear some of the issues raised in your review and would appreciate if you could get in contact with our People team so we could investigate further for you.

Useless
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 July 2018
Rubbish company rubbish staff rubbish managment worst company I have and will ever work for would not recommend to anyone ever don't apply to this slave driven company

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sad to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us and if you have any issues you would like to raise regarding your time with us, please contact Savers people team.

Best of luck in the future.

Savers

An enjoyable work environment with fantastic social opportunities
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire17 July 2018
I worked in the East Kilbride store for 7 years. Throughout that time, I was studying first at college and then my undergrad at uni, and the management were brilliantly flexible to allow me to continue working for the store.

I enjoyed the fun-loving environment created by the staff. Most of us were in our late teens/early 20s, and that really showed in the way we interacted. We would be very sociable with each other, but not to the point where we never got anything done. If anything, this fueled how we did our job, and we were often one of the highest performing stores in the west of Scotland.

The pay was fair for what you do, but it could have been better. We got minimum wage at £7.50 when I left, but I do believe that has went up now.
Pros
Great social environment; fantastic hours
Cons
Pay could have been better

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and that you made friendships within your store. At Savers, we strive for all of our stores to be like their own family.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Fantastic company!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 June 2018
I've been a store manager in other companies and I must say, after just 5 months with savers, I can open heartedly say, they really do care about their colleagues.

3 weeks training in management and constant support from my area manager who is easily the best AM I have ever had the pleasure to work for.

The support network is absolutely second to none, need any help? Just call People services and the company do everything they can to support you and your store.

The rewards with savers are incredible, no other company openly pays for holidays, events, parties and holds competitions to win 2 weeks laid holidays across the world. Massive discounts everywhere, tons of perks and a brilliant head office team make this a place to stay.

Trust me, ignore the negative comments here, if you need help whilst working, just ask any member of manager or head office and you'll see why they're the number 1 best company to work for.

Even with huge problems with deliveries or staff, the area managers and head office team work tirelessly to support, aid and help you and your team overcome any obstacles.

If you're considering applying, do it. You won't regret it!
Pros
Fantastic support, excellent communication, good breaks, salary is very good, no micro management.
Cons
Very long hours but if you don't mind hard work it's not a problem.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for leaving us this amazing feedback! We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

average
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashington18 June 2018
I would have to say working at savers was helpful for getting some skills in retail but as for the other staff I would have to say they treated my quite badly when I worked there
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
poor staff
27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are happy to hear that you learnt new skills with us. If you want to discuss anything further please contact our People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck for the future.

Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire6 June 2018
Cons
Rude management team, uncomfortable environment
27 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are very sad to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. Please contact our People Team in Head Office if you would like to discuss anything further.

Non satisfactory work enviroment
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire4 June 2018
It is a good company as a whole I believe and I would like to think the store location I was at was an exception.
I found the management hard to please and they were very demanding.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Long shifts
6 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sad to hear you did not enjoy your time with us - if you have anything you would like to discuss further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck in your career,

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.