Savers Health and Beauty Management reviews

Good
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear15 October 2019
Great management and friendly staff nice work environment great hours to fit around childcare busy shop so great to keep busy first shop work had a great experience
We had fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead14 October 2019
We had fun while working here, the management are caring, they help out when they can. They understand a lot, including mental health which is great. There wasn't much chance of progression while I was there, but I enjoyed going to work each day, even if it was just for 4 hours a day.
Awful
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester12 October 2019
Stay away from here. You’ll end up severely depressed. Manager bullies you all day everyday. No support. Staff are rude and awful about you. Steal from the till.
Fast paced, but fun place to work.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Every day is different! Fast-paced environment but always plenty of support and encouragement from colleagues and management and great opportunities for progression.
Fast paced, but fun place to work.
Licensing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Dynamic, friendly place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
From the top down, the company is a fast moving, flexible business where you can really make an impact.

Days fly by and the people go out of their way to support you.
Pros
Freedom to influence company decisions with easy access to the senior management
Cons
The hours can be long but you get out what you put in
Great opportunities and challenges
retail finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
I joined the team under a year ago and have been provided plenty of opportunities to advance in the role. From the moment I joined the whole team has been supportive and welcoming. There are plenty of chances to prove yourself and be given further responsibilities. The work is a welcome challenge and the management team are very knowledgeable and accessible. The team is well managed by both the direct managers and higher bosses.
Great opportunities and challenges
retail finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
A great team all pulling in the same direction
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
At Savers we work very hard and are rewarded for doing so. It's great to be part of a business where everyone is pulling in the same direction, lead by an approachable management team.
Work days are varied and there are opportunities to be scientific and creative in equal measure.
Great family atmosphere
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
I've been working for Savers for about 2 and a half years. All the team are very friendly and easy to work with. Decisions are made really quickly from a good approachable management team. Would recommend!
work life
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2019
A typical day involves in, stock management, shop replenishment, shop floor supervision, managing the team, achieving sales targets, handling cash paper work and surveillance.
Extremely hard
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom30 September 2019
Never had any problems with management, biggest issue is with division of labour. Very fast paced environment with lots of paperwork, weekly auditing, daily conference calls.

I understand payroll does not grow on trees, however the stores that are busy really need more staff on the tills at all hours of the day.

Nice people to work with, although the company I think has the wrong impression of the demands on it, it is very stressful.

Work / Life balance is not possible here.
interesting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, Suffolk30 September 2019
it can be stressful when other colleagues don't turn up and management start complaining about lack of support. Hard work on delivery days. it ws fine for me a they were flexible with shifts when started another job.
Truth
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tamworth26 September 2019
Staff we're all okay but management was all about them selves and couldn't care less about the staff. Being on the till all the time was boring didn't learn anything from that other that making customers happy. The rate of pay is ridiculous. And the contracts need rising. Honestly this is one of the worst companies to work for because they expect to much but you recieve nothing in return I'm so glad I left because I had to work over time that I wasnt getting paid for. So I'd stay away from the company not worth the hassle
Great experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Downham Market, Norfolk25 September 2019
Learned a lot about customer service, management n sales, super experience . Excellent teamwork and higher management interactions. Overall great experience, would love to share the experience
Not good
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worthing25 September 2019
Sadly, the company is obsessed with you making them even more money, by pushing items, sometimes of a large amount, at the till. No bonus or commission. Just the basic wage.. And you must do it. Hated it, totally embarrassed by it. Nothing is ever enough. Alot of staff totally agree to. Was never told this is part of your job. I am not a salesperson, and don't particularly want to be. The management don't communicate with each other. They don't particularly like each other tbh. Not a good work environment at all. Hated it..
Rubbish company to work for
Glasgow (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow25 September 2019
I worked for this company for a few months and the staff we’re all cleeky and i didn’t feel like fitted in with the staff. The management were always about sales and selling the promotional stuff.
I felt like I didn’t fit in with management or staff and every day working was getting more depressing, the manager wanted the impossible shelves perfectly faced but wanted you to do it quickly aswell .
I don’t think this is a good company to work for and I didn’t even get a discount card they promise you on starting
Pros
Customers were nice
Cons
Horrible cheeky staff, management not tearing people correctly, too much on the sas sales, rubbish wages
Stay away
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morley, West Yorkshire24 September 2019
Shocking management and expected to work free hours every week Slavers.
No trust and support,or any real perks, just staff doing as little as possible, and management not giving any guidance,just pouncing on any little mistake like angry kids.
Senior staff a joke
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheshire15 September 2019
If you are thinking about joining this company don't ....run s mile .... I have 30 years management experience. This is a tick box company so All the HO teams do is look for the team doing things wrong then give out warnings .the staff are Never praised at all . If your team don't sell link deals they get warning. Staff hours are do low everyone gives thier own time to get the jobs done . On top of all of that if someone is s Bully with lots of complaints against them ...they promote the bully !!! Horrendous company ,terrible ethics

glad I left
Official response from Savers Health and Beauty
18 September 2019

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers

Awful.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom29 August 2019
Just finished an apprenticeship at Savers. It was so unorganised & no one took it seriously so I was never given any help. I was entitled to an hour a week of work on my own towards the apprenticeship, but I was hardly ever given it because I either wasn’t allowed or the shop was too busy, so I physically couldn’t take that hour, meaning I would always be behind with my work. I was on £5.60 an hour, but I’m over 18!
There was an assistant manager that was SO unprofessional, shouting at us and would straight up embarrass us in front of customers as we were serving them. She would pester us about the unrealistic goals we had to meet daily, which could sometimes be over £100. The main reason she did this is because if we didn’t sell anything (which isn’t our fault because if customers don’t want a £25 perfume, they’re not going to buy it!) , management get in trouble and if we do manage to sell, they got bonuses from it.
My colleagues and I felt bullied as she would pick on all of us for the smallest things, she was hypocritical about the things she would moan at us for. For example, if staff were caught talking she would not be happy but she would stand there for ages chatting away. And she would take personal calls on the shop floor!!
I could go on about the negative parts of this company. I do not recommend working for this awful company.
Pros
Serving customers
Official response from Savers Health and Beauty
17 September 2019

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.