Savers Health and Beauty
Coronavirus update
Information from Savers Health and Beauty:

Savers Health and Beauty Management reviews

United Kingdom807 reviews
A very fast pace and demanding role. Every day is different. Can get very tough at times.But very rewarding at the same time. Very supportive with great benefits e.g statutory bonus and conferences.
Our area manager is always there if needed at any time of the day and is always approachable.

I am proud to work for savers and being a brand ambassador for the company.

Sociable and flexible hours with a living wage.

Always support available if needed from all levels of management. Its like being a part of a massive family.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.

Thanks, Savers
A lot of bullying from higher ups. If you're not pandering to them, they make your life difficult, and insist you post updates that show how happy you are at work - which is a lie.

They don't care for your safety, they don't care how hard you work. All they care about are their paychecks. They're punishing us for working hard.
don't work there unfair regional management there is no proper training get told off for the littlest of things never help rotas always wrong staff are stressed staff don't turn up no proper breaks that you are actually entitled too
Pros
Cons
Senior management stressful
17 September 2020
Hi There,

We are very sorry to read through the review that you have left us, the issues you have raised is something we take very seriously so please can you get in contact with our People Team so we can investigate further.

Savers
This is the worst job ever, you will be bullied, picked on for everything, shouted at, this job will make you regret so much do not apply for this job!!!!!!!!!!!
17 September 2020

Savers
I worked at this company for nearly a year as an apprentice, while I was there I had very little support from management I got attacked on shift numerous times by people who stole from the store, no police called and no incident report taken, I also collapsed a few times due to circumstances that are no longer an issue and once i woke up i got told to get up and do my job by the assistant manager at the time.
Pros
Colleagues were friendly, as was most of management
Cons
Lots of hours for little pay, assistant manager wasn't suitable for the role
13 August 2020

Thanks, Savers
Perfect for anyone for a first job. There's no career progression but you all work together as a little family and management are always easy to talk to.
Pros
everything
Cons
trying to sell s.a.s

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us but sorry to hear you didnt feel there was any progress.

Thanks, Savers
Awful place to work I was 35 and was treated like a child phone taken away etc. Had one 15 minute break all day. Worked as part of the work for free programme to gain “experience” gained nothing from it apart from staking a shelf. Really boring job. Also management skills that could of been taken straight out of a how to manage hand book with the donkey chase the carrot rubbish. “Work hard and you could end up with a job”
Pros
Cons
All of it

Savers
If my worst enemy needed a job, I still won’t recommend this company. The face of the company is ok, at its highest level but once your on the ground, wow it’s horrid, dog eat dog with no support and your don’t get much time to even talk to your pier group.
The idea of being a discounted store is one thing but this place is on another level. No staff, very high turn over of people. No security but massive theft problem, no staff as you are other one on one.
I was a store manager and my experience is high but this place is no place for anyone to make a living or provide for a family.
The Area managers are absolutely gut wrenching poor at their jobs with a constant pressure for your to lower your already strapped wages, the sales are pushy and often made to lie to customers about their special offers which are anything but special.

Please for your sake please don’t work here
Pros
Some good people there
Cons
Not enough staff, not enough pay, not good leadership, no support network at all. Constant pressure to reduce costs, increase sales and deliver on targets. Nothing is good enough

Savers
Management are so unprofessional and do absolutely nothing.
Staff treat and talk to you like rubbish

Managers and supervisor have favourites and treat people unfairly.

The worst part is SAS, we have a target to sell perfumes which results in getting abuse from customers that don’t want perfume. If we don’t meet our target our hours get deducted which is disgusting! Get rid of SAS

Savers
I was bullied for 5 years by a supervisor and i went to mangerment and got told to ingore her i know what she is like, the whole place will make your mental health worse
2 April 2020

Savers
Savers health care and beauty can be a good place to work at depending on the management of the store, if the store has a good manager then the store can be run alot better and more organised.
this can also be a very stressful place to work at due to team work and lack of back up when in need of support.

Thanks, Savers
Constantly over worked, never allowed full breaks, management/area managers/hr do not care about you,
Promised career progression - never get it!
Extremely high turn over of staff

Hours cut

Budgets cut

Pushed to sell certain items with no incentives apart from the possibility of maybe winning a prize (never happens)

I was a supervisor, which meant key holder. Manager wont answer calls on days off or out of hours so if security call for alarms going off during the night the ring you until you answer. No call out money for this either.

Thanks, Savers
not the business as advertised. too much expected from the management team. no balance between personal and work life. expected to answer calls and sort out problems whilst on annual leave. lack of appreciation. higher management lack people skills.

Thanks, Savers
Brilliant place to work friendly staff and management. This job given me more opportunities for me within retail. You also have brilliant communication from your manager
Pros
Pretty laid back job
Cons
No cons

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.

Thanks, Savers
You are expected to work for free especially management and the worse thing is you don't even get appreciated for it. There is literally no hours, you have a little amount to play with with loads of jobs to do. The deliveries are always messed up and the company don't care or do anything about it

Thanks, Savers
we had to constantly offer “special items” to people, if you were working on the till it made working there embarrassing. there were times you would have a good conversation with a customer at the checkout, and then you’d have to ruin it by offering them a stupid perfume or batteries. i do not recommend it... not even if you’re desperate. management don’t care about their staff. i was told to leave just after christmas (convenient) but i wasn’t even told by my boss, i was told by my assistant manager disgusting!!

Thanks, Savers
Underpaid, under appreciated, under staffed.
If you like to be bullied then this is the perfect place for you!

Manager continuously brags about cheating on his partner who I might add has just had their baby.
The assistant manager is the most patronising, self absorbent, pig. Nothing but judgment and Bullying from her. Completely corrupt! Absolute joke of a place to work. If you want to be mentally strained and physically screwed then this is the place for you!

AVOID PAIGNTON SAVERS

Savers
Completely unworthy of real workers. Don’t waste your time not great at all.
management suck
New manager every 6+ months
Completely overrated and rude

Thanks, Savers
was only there for a few months, got payed 50p over minimum wage todo everything the manager should be doing. getting left for a full shift without a break as i couldn’t leave the store being the only management in the store. being put in for over time and never asked ( i have a two year old and needed to get childcare) the manager didn’t care as long as she didn’t work sundays. the assistant manager who didn’t have a clue on procedures trying to undermine staff who had been there for 15 plus years (longer than her) the list could go on forever.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

No confidentiality
Staff dont care about targets

Clicky

Poor management
Dirty store
Unfair hours not distributed fairly between staff

Quiet

Boring

Very Early deliveries

Where do I even start.

Being a Store Manager at savers is the most stressful, ridiculous management job you can get.

You are contracted to 39 hours but work 45-50 per week, if busy you can be working up to 60 hours to be told (its your choice to work those hours) even though, you're working hours at 7:45am-6:15pm 5 days a week.

Savers is a company that take a ladies voice over anyone else at all.

Someone I know had a lie told about them making comments to a friend and is now being disciplined for it considering there were 2 managers and a supervisor present in the conversation who are defending him and the company still feel fit to take a the opinion of a young girl over 5 defending managers.

The salary is NOT worth the work you are expected to do, you receive absolutely no support from head office and the company LOVES to find any management they possibly can and discipline them right before March to save money on giving out bonuses. I was there for two years and knew of 8 managers in just 2 years who had their bonuses taken off them for bogus claims.