Savers Health and Beauty Job Security & Advancement reviews

Savers Health Home and Beauty
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne12 March 2019
I have worked for the savers family for almost 5 years i came to the company as an assistant manager and with the amazing suport from my area manager and
the support network that is the Savers family i am now a store manager in Byker.Not only have we been awarded 4th best company to work for 2019 by the sunday times we pride ourselves on our amazing customer service and fantastic competative prices on a great range of products.I love working for Savers .There is within the comany an amazing rate of progression from sales assistant to supervisor to assistant manager and manager .So if you want a career in retail why not come and join us and work your way to the top .The best job i've had in all my 35 years in retail.
Pros
Good rate of pay, bonus scheme, Teamwork we are one big family
Cons
Best first 6 months in any role!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear7 March 2019
I’ve been a Store Manager with Savers now for 6 months. Genuinely the warmest welcome of any company I’ve worked for. The day to day life is fast paced, but in retail you get out of it what you put into it, if you’re prepared to work hard and do what you can to enhance the business you’re definitely rewarded for that. The pay is good and fair for the work you do, it’s probably as multi-faceted as any Store Manager position, you work within guidelines but do have the autonomy to make the right decision by your store. It’s the only company I’ve ever worked for with actual perks, that aren’t fictional or subject to constantly moving goalposts. They invest a lot of time and money into their people and that really shines through. Looking forward to a long career with this company.
Pros
Company perks, discount, great atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Best company I have worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire27 February 2019
Savers is all about the people, I have worked for a lot of retailers, big and small, but have to say savers is the best, there is support when needed and always some one to help.
It's hard work, but most retailers are, but the rewards are there for the taking!!
The progression is fast, so if your looking to work up in a company, savers is the one for you!

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

Savers definitely are about the people, and its great that you agree! It's great that you feel you are offered support continuously and you are offered progression!

Thanks,

Savers

You get out what you put in !
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 February 2019
Been working for Savers for 18 months and within this time got my own store. Lucky to have a great area manager and get rewarded for all the hard work done. As in life if you work hard you reap the rewards !
Pros
Job security, work life balance even at Christmas !
Cons
Can be long hrs

Thankyou for the review!
It's great to see that your hard work in the past 18 months have paid off and you've got your own store. Congratulations!

Best of luck and contact the People Team if you need anything!

Savers

Good job, no guarantee of a full-time job at the end of the apprenticeship.
Retail Apprentice (Former Employee) –  West Wickham, Greater London17 February 2019
The job was good as I learned a lot about retail and gained confidence, but with no guarantee of a full-time job at the end of the apprenticeship, I looked around for jobs around the middle of May right up until I quit last October as I knew that it would cause me to struggle financially.

Management was exceptionally fantastic, though it was always a 50/50 atmosphere whenever the Store Manager was around, but the job was enjoyable with my colleagues around whilst helping customers and making conversations with the customers to build good rapport.

Overall, a good job, but I don't think I could see myself working for the company again anytime soon, even in the future with a part-time job that offers minimal hours that are not in my control.
Pros
Great job with the chance to learn more about retail.
Cons
Be mindful if you hope to have a full-time job.

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving us a review!

It's great that with your time with us you gained confidence and retail skills which is what our apprenticeship scheme is all about!

It's a shame to hear that you left the company, I hope your experience overall was positive!

Best of luck in your career

Savers

Love being part of a fab team and a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex18 January 2019
I have worked for Savers for 13 years, started off as a sales assistant and worked my way up the ladder as there is always great prospects for promotion if you work hard and want the role.
I feel the company is growing from strength to strength they really have a family feel about them and this is the feeling across the team
I like the fact that we are a discount retailer but have that extra factor great customer service.Yes I work hard but in retail you have to be focused and productive. Ive never had any issues with the higher management as good relationship are just the norm.
Love being part of the Savers Family
Pros
Fun place to work family feel
20 February 2019

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

It's great that you are enjoying your time with us and that you have grown with us! Savers is all about building relationships and it's good that you agree!

Good company
Apprentice/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham13 January 2019
I worked at Savers for two years and completed an apprenticeship here. Overall a good company to work for and a great starter job for school-leavers. Much better than some companies!
4 February 2019

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so glad you enjoyed your apprenticeship with us and it helped kick start your career!

Productive and enjoyable
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire3 December 2018
A good company to work for who provide their staff with opportunity to progress and encourage development within the business which is motivating for employees.
7 December 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving your review.

We love hearing that you are getting the opportunities to progress and develop within our company and that you feel motivated!

Great Place to Work!
People Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Field Based30 November 2018
Working in the field provides alot of flexibility with visiting stores and working from home. Savers has a family culture ethos where everyone is working towards the same goal and will support each other to achieve this.

I love the freedom I have to be able to do my job with the support on hand from my Manager when needed and being able to make a difference.
Pros
Flexibility, Working Hours, Career Progression and Development
7 December 2018

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us this review!

It's so great to hear you enjoy the Savers ethos and that youre supported by everyone to achieve goals together!

Hearing that you are able to make a positive impact and a difference in Savers is a great skill to have!

Savers

Excellent company to work work with a great retail ethos
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire23 November 2018
Savers is a company who has not yet lost its 'small family' feel, which is something not many businesses out there have managed to hold on to.

The team in the head office is a small one, however we all support and learn from each other, which is a perk, as you always gain new skills as well as develop your current ones!

The worplace environment is not very hierarchal and everyone is approachable, courteous, with an overall feeling of positiveness.

My role, as any other role, can be challenging at times, but this is what keeps me focused and interested and I always have something to learn from my interaction with customers and external contacts.

I enjoy acting as the first point of contact between Savers and the customer and I always strive to ensure that the service I deliver is fully tailored and of a high standard. Nothing makes me more satisfied than receiving compliments for our store teams or a small note / card from a satisfied customer, thanking us for resolving their issue.
Pros
Open & collaborative working environment
Cons
Stepping up the career ladder can be difficult
29 November 2018

Hi there,
Thankyou for leaving us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that your career with us is going well, and that working as a team in head office has helped you develop and gain new skills!

At Savers we pride ourselves on having a team orientated atmosphere and its great that you agree!

Savers

Fast paced discount retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2018
An ever changing range of health and beauty product, but prepare for long hours and very tight staffing budgets.

5 years ago I often worked over 60 hours per week.
19 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review!

We're sorry that you often had to work long hours, but hope you enjoyed your time with us!

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career,

Best,

Poor company
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Musselburgh, East Lothian24 October 2018
I was working for savers for 6 weeks, training wasn’t what I expected as I wasn’t really showen much to do with how the company runs. Then put into a store where the manager didn’t show me anything or help me run the store. I done a few thing around the shop which I was told to do, then on the manager returning from a day off, she goes ahead and changes everything I did. I felt like there was no point. As well as that, the store was very unliked and didn’t have a good feel to it, specially when members of the public can’t stand the manager and wouldn’t come in if she was in the store. All in all I wouldn’t recommend this company ever again.
Pros
Good company benifits
Cons
Don’t expect a quick career change within the company
9 November 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us and if there is anything you would like to discuss further then please contact our people team.

We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Great Experience
Retail Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wishaw10 October 2018
Although I wasn’t there for long I enjoyed my time with savers, I joined as an apprentice in wishaw and the staff where extremely helpful and gave great advise on the job. The Manager was always organised and the work rota was always up a few weeks in advance.
Highly recommend the apprenticeship role for anyone looking to start off a customer service/retail career or even just for a first time job.
Pros
Great help, pleasent staff
Cons
Worked most weekends
9 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate the feedback!

Were so glad to hear that you had an amazing experience with us, and that you recommend working with us!

We wish you luck with your career and do contact us if you need anything!

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham11 August 2018
I joined savers in July 2017 and after the initial 2 week induction started my role as an Assistant Manager in the Bishop Auckland store. In the year that I have been there I have learned a lot about both the company and my personal strengths.
The role is varied and no 2 days are the same, it can also be hard work more often than not, but extremely rewarding. The company as a whole is fantastic to work for, there is great support from head office, area managers and surrounding stores.
There is plenty of opportunity for progression as I myself have progressed to Store Manager recently, the company also offer different courses for progression which are extremely helpful in gaining extra knowledge and support for your role.
Savers also offer an amazing bonus scheme to all store management, which is very rewarding and very achievable and defiantly worth the hard work that goes in to achieving it.
If you are hard working, lead from the front and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment then Savers is defiantly for you
Pros
Salary, Career Progression, fantastic benefits
2 November 2018

Hi There,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave this review.

We are so happy that you have had an amazing experience with Savers and that your hard work has progressed you to a Store Manager, Well done! At Savers we love to help develop our teams and it's great to hear that you've had good support from head office, area managers and other stores!

Many Thanks,

Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2018
Everyday is enjoyable and there are new tasks to carry out.
Great company benefits. Perfect job for students and people who are looking for part-time employment.
31 October 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this great review!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Savers

Work life balance was hard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sussex2 July 2018
I enjoyed the first few years with Savers, but as time went on it become difficult to balance my home and work life as I was doing long hours.
I chose to move careers as I wanted more time with my family.
Pros
Bonus available to achieve for managers
31 October 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your first few years and we are sorry to hear that you struggled with your work/life balance.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Best wishes

average
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashington18 June 2018
I would have to say working at savers was helpful for getting some skills in retail but as for the other staff I would have to say they treated my quite badly when I worked there
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
poor staff
27 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are happy to hear that you learnt new skills with us. If you want to discuss anything further please contact our People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck for the future.

Savers

You get out what you put in.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 May 2018
Bottom line, it’s not for everyone. But if you have a pro active positive approach you will love working for Savers.
Show some passion and enthusiasm then you’ll get noticed if you want to progress and create a career for yourself there are tons of opportunities out there.
I’ve been with them for over 5 years managing many sites in my time. It’s fast paced and I make it fun.

You do get out what you put in. Maximum effort = great results. Happy days.
Pros
Friendly and relaxed
Cons
if you like the job then there are not any.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that your career is going well with us and your 5 years have been happy!

We would like to wish you every success in your career with us!

Many thanks

Sarah

productive,fun,rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea11 May 2018
A bright friendly environment to work, i have achieved so much and gained so many skills to enable me to continue to build and nuture my career goals, the work place is pleasant, bright and welcoming, the job is physical and demanding but very rewarding and satisfying I enjoy all aspects of the role and continous challenges it brings!
Pros
benefits, job satisfactiopn, progression
Cons
Busy envroment, long hours

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback!

We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us and wish you the best of luck for the future.

Savers.

Nice place too work
Supervisour (Current Employee) –  Washington3 May 2018
Starting at savers so far the process was smooth quick and effective, recruitment process was good and so far I'm learning loads of new skills along the way looking forward too working further with the company. Savers really gets too know there employees I like that alot.
Pros
Friendly team in store

Hi There,

Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed the recruitment process and are pleased to hear that you are settling into your new family and gaining new skills.

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.