Savers Health and Beauty
Information from Savers Health and Beauty:

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Supervisor37 reviews
United Kingdom37 reviews
The job was really good hard but it was good you had to be fast at what you did but I enjoy it they nice and Friendly the Manager is good and Respectful

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.

We wish you all the best for your future.

Thanks, Savers
Constantly over worked, never allowed full breaks, management/area managers/hr do not care about you,
Promised career progression - never get it!

Extremely high turn over of staff

Hours cut

Budgets cut

Pushed to sell certain items with no incentives apart from the possibility of maybe winning a prize (never happens)

I was a supervisor, which meant key holder. Manager wont answer calls on days off or out of hours so if security call for alarms going off during the night the ring you until you answer. No call out money for this either.

Thanks, Savers
Underpaid, under appreciated, under staffed.
If you like to be bullied then this is the perfect place for you!

Manager continuously brags about cheating on his partner who I might add has just had their baby.

The assistant manager is the most patronising, self absorbent, pig. Nothing but judgment and Bullying from her. Completely corrupt! Absolute joke of a place to work. If you want to be mentally strained and physically screwed then this is the place for you!

AVOID PAIGNTON SAVERS
Hi There,

We are very sorry to read through the review that you have left us, the issues you have raised is something we take very seriously so please can you get in contact with our People Team so we can investigate further.

We wish the best of luck in your future and hope hear from you soon

Savers
was only there for a few months, got payed 50p over minimum wage todo everything the manager should be doing. getting left for a full shift without a break as i couldn’t leave the store being the only management in the store. being put in for over time and never asked ( i have a two year old and needed to get childcare) the manager didn’t care as long as she didn’t work sundays. the assistant manager who didn’t have a clue on procedures trying to undermine staff who had been there for 15 plus years (longer than her) the list could go on forever.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Thanks, Savers
The management was not taking charge or helping to successfully run a store.
Staff members weren’t listened to and lied to, and the store never ran smoothly

Poor pay and no boundaries
Cons
Unpaid hours

Thanks, Savers
My time at savers was, what can I say, hmm well I think it was okay some times. Can say it was poorly run a lot of the time but they are always hiring as everyone leaves. Is that 150 characters yet?
3 March 2020

Thanks, Savers
it can be stressful when other colleagues don't turn up and management start complaining about lack of support. Hard work on delivery days. it ws fine for me a they were flexible with shifts when started another job.
3 March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.

We wish you all the best for your future.

Thanks, Savers
When I started it was pretty good but over the years it just got worse, they cut hours in store and gave you more work to do and if you didn't get it done they just shout at you and make you feel worthless. When you try and talk about it with the management team they just tell you to stop complaining and get on with it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, bad working conditions and bad management

Thanks, Savers
Store manager was genuinely one of the best managers I've ever worked for, but overall the company is terrible.

Many times I reported to senior management that the shop wasn't safe to work in - fire exits were blocked, flooring was broken and uneven and shelving units were not firm - nothing happened.

The pay was extremely poor considering the responsibilities - 50p above minimum wage to essentially run the store half the time.

For several months the store had no manager, so the AM was covering that role and I was essentially acting AM - 40+ hours a week, 50p above minimum wage all while a student.

Store management was continually berated by upper management for store performance whilst also being told there was no budget to provide adequate staffing. The company also loved to use free labour from people on job centre work placements, because it meant that they had to have less paid staff.

Thanks, Savers
Typical day would invole being understaffed to try meet targets and having not much down time away from the public as you are expected to achieve a lot of work each day. in usually an un airconditoned or unsafe work place at times. lets just say its called savers for a reason, bonus is usually terriblel as well
Pros
get paid basically and discounts on cinema tickets
Cons
long hours, horrible environment, hot during summer, delays on maintenance issues, understaffed

Thanks, Savers
As a supervisor Savers expected much more then they were willing to pay. The Area manager didn’t have a clue how to run the stores she was useless. Never had a decent lunch as was sometimes the only manager in store so was always disturbed. Long hours. Would not recommend working for this cowboy company.
Pros
Home time

Thanks, Savers
I have been working here for over a year, it is fast paced and you have to know how to multi-task. The company encourages career progression and rewards loyalty handsomely
Pros
Career progression
Cons
No lift to pull stock from the warehouse.
Hi!

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your time with us. We hope you find your future career path with us!

Best wishes,

Savers
When I first started as a sales assistant it was good but I regretted becoming a supervisor. There was so much responsibility for no where near the same money as the managers and my manager was so lazy, always leaving early and never doing anything but fiddle with stock and was also always going out for a smoke break. When we tried to tell the area manger he never did anything about it. I also had to keep reminding them that I couldn’t work certain days and thanks to them I missed out on a once in a lifetime holiday as they wouldn’t allow me the time of work so they could go on their holiday meaning I was left to run the store alone for a week whilst my family were all away having an amazing experience that I had been denied. Had I not had a flat to pay for I would’ve walked out the door a long time ago
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Long hours, Sas, poor management and many more cons
12 April 2019
Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to read that your time with us as a supervisor wasn't an enjoyable experience. I would recommend contacting the People Team if you'd like to raise any of the above to us.

We wish you all the best in your career search.

Savers
Started as a supervisor in the prestwick shop ! Originally went for sales asst post at ayr shop. Was quickly advised by area manager because of my exp as a asssiant manager in retail I was needed at the prestwick store .was willing to give it a try as I had retail standards I quickly realised 10 days into this position with the team i couldn't change this store around ! Manager kind hearted and too soft .Her team dosent help lazy and bone idol sickness not reported which was a constant problem ! Left to my own devices after a few days key holding doing banking for a start I was never showed before and handing thousands of pounds over to a security company which I've probalaby not signed for properly total joke! Well where do we start with cleanliness shop is filthy shelfs not stacked correct. New products lying through the back shop for weeks on end .never seen a shop with hundreds of pounds of damages in a weekly basis ..and my bug bare about this company is targets there SAS .savers active selling what a carry on you can't force customers to buy your vile smelling Beyonce perfume .what head office don't realise is these shops have there regular customers everyday even if it is just buying a can of coke. And tell you they are sick of getting asked the same thing everything day I felt like saying imagine saying it 1000 times a day drains the life from u ! It's pere pressure working for this company is honestly advise anyone going into retail to avoid savers
Pros
Cons
Hnm
9 November 2018
Hi there,

Thankyou for the review.

We're very sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us, and regarding the issues you raised about the store I would recommend contacting the People Team for further assistance.

Thanks again,

Savers
If your someone who likes to be kept busy this is the place you want to be in, you're never waiting on customers from the moment the doors open till they close there is a constant flow of customers, you are constantly working, time goes quick and its a productive shift......
22 May 2018
Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your career with us.

We would like to wish you every success with Savers!.

Savers.
sales assistant at first wasn’t so bad just the pressure of active selling. 7 months later I became a supervisor. No breaks on a 10-11 hour day, delivery at 4 in the morning which was huge. so much pressure for store standards, back stabbing team, awful pay for such responsibilities, management were horrible very two faced, patronising, expectations were far to high, They never give you enough staff 2 people on a busy Sunday and expected the store to look immaculate the next day. Disgusting how a company can treat members of staff like this
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, worst mangers
23 February 2018
Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback! We are sorry to hear that you were not happy when working for us.

If there is anything you would like to raise please contact the People Team in Head Office who will be happy to help, at Savers we strive to ensure our employees are happy and that we keep the family feel in our stores.

We wish you the best of luck in your career,

Savers Health and Beauty
Fast paced always something to do but that's not a bad thing in work as time passes pretty quickly. Mangers are ok you don't seem to get a full break and the shop is understaffed lots of sickness which mean ms overtime for people who want to work. I'm enjoying my time at savers
Pros
Fast paced easy work
Cons
Cold store not trained propley
26 January 2018
Hi There!

Thank you for leaving us this feedback - we are pleased to hear you're enjoying your time with us!

We are thankful that you have been supporting the store with staff sickness.

Savers
fast paced environment all the time, learned leadership skills and much more, the hardest part of my job is difficult customers. enjoyable part is the team I work with and a manager that trusts me in and believes what I can achieve,
Pros
hours
Cons
not enough recognition
As a supervisor a typical day includes either opening or closing the store. During the day I am responsible for managing other staff on shift and assigning tasks to them
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited benefits
29 September 2017
Hi there,

Thank you for leaving us this review.

We pride ourselves on our current ranking as 10th Best Big Company To Work For by The Sunday Times. If you have any concerns you would like to raise please contact the People Team - their details can be found on the intranet.

Savers Health & Beauty
this job has worked for me over the years with flexibility due to my children.
Management and staff lovely.

A typical day for management involves a lot of work and commitment.
Cons
Not enough hours
22 September 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and that it suits your work/life balance.

We hope you have many more happy years with us.

Savers Health & Beauty
Awful management. Same thing everyday. Need to be pals with management if you would like to progress in any way. Was not allowed to choose what dates can be taken as annual leave.
Pros
Cons
Pay. Not allowed to choose own annual leave. Poor management
25 August 2017
Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, we strive our-selves on our internal succession programs to help employees step up to the next level of management.

If you would like to discuss this further please email saverscustomerrelations@uk.aswatson.com

Savers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9