Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Where do i start
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire28 September 2018
Started as a supervisor in the prestwick shop ! Originally went for sales asst post at ayr shop. Was quickly advised by area manager because of my exp as a asssiant manager in retail I was needed at the prestwick store .was willing to give it a try as I had retail standards I quickly realised 10 days into this position with the team i couldn't change this store around ! Manager kind hearted and too soft .Her team dosent help lazy and bone idol sickness not reported which was a constant problem ! Left to my own devices after a few days key holding doing banking for a start I was never showed before and handing thousands of pounds over to a security company which I've probalaby not signed for properly total joke! Well where do we start with cleanliness shop is filthy shelfs not stacked correct. New products lying through the back shop for weeks on end .never seen a shop with hundreds of pounds of damages in a weekly basis ..and my bug bare about this company is targets there SAS .savers active selling what a carry on you can't force customers to buy your vile smelling Beyonce perfume .what head office don't realise is these shops have there regular customers everyday even if it is just buying a can of coke. And tell you they are sick of getting asked the same thing everything day I felt like saying imagine saying it 1000 times a day drains the life from u ! It's pere pressure working for this company is honestly advise anyone going into retail to avoid savers
Pros
Cons
Hnm
9 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for the review.

We're very sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us, and regarding the issues you raised about the store I would recommend contacting the People Team for further assistance.

Thanks again,

Ridiculous expectations
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire3 September 2018
Forget about having any breaks or any respect for your availability. They care more about their stupid SAS rather than their employees. The company is seriously 10 years behind the rest of the world and the HR care more about the business then the people who are suffering to help run it. I’ve missed out on so many things through not being allowed the time off work I needed
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Active selling, stupid expectations, no respect for availability
5 November 2018

Hi There

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate the feedback.

We're sorry that you didn't feel like you had the time off work you needed, and that you felt the company didn't care about our people.

We've recently been voted in The Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for which is voted by our instore teams. If you'd like any further assistance please contact the People Team who'd be happy to help.

Many Thanks

Productive environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2018
If your someone who likes to be kept busy this is the place you want to be in, you're never waiting on customers from the moment the doors open till they close there is a constant flow of customers, you are constantly working, time goes quick and its a productive shift......
22 May 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your career with us.

We would like to wish you every success with Savers!.

Many thanks,

Savers.

Awful company to work for!!!!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Essex30 January 2018
sales assistant at first wasn’t so bad just the pressure of active selling. 7 months later I became a supervisor. No breaks on a 10-11 hour day, delivery at 4 in the morning which was huge. so much pressure for store standards, back stabbing team, awful pay for such responsibilities, management were horrible very two faced, patronising, expectations were far to high, They never give you enough staff 2 people on a busy Sunday and expected the store to look immaculate the next day. Disgusting how a company can treat members of staff like this
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, worst mangers
23 February 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback! We are sorry to hear that you were not happy when working for us.

If there is anything you would like to raise please contact the People Team in Head Office who will be happy to help, at Savers we strive to ensure our employees are happy and that we keep the family feel in our stores.

We wish you the best of luck in your career,

Savers Health and Beauty

Worked in worse places
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 December 2017
Fast paced always something to do but that's not a bad thing in work as time passes pretty quickly. Mangers are ok you don't seem to get a full break and the shop is understaffed lots of sickness which mean ms overtime for people who want to work. I'm enjoying my time at savers
Pros
Fast paced easy work
Cons
Cold store not trained propley
26 January 2018

Hi There!

Thank you for leaving us this feedback - we are pleased to hear you're enjoying your time with us!

We are thankful that you have been supporting the store with staff sickness.

Many thanks,

Good workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire24 September 2017
As a supervisor a typical day includes either opening or closing the store. During the day I am responsible for managing other staff on shift and assigning tasks to them
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Limited benefits
29 September 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for leaving us this review.

We pride ourselves on our current ranking as 10th Best Big Company To Work For by The Sunday Times. If you have any concerns you would like to raise please contact the People Team - their details can be found on the intranet.

Savers Health & Beauty

Awful company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland7 August 2017
Awful management. Same thing everyday. Need to be pals with management if you would like to progress in any way. Was not allowed to choose what dates can be taken as annual leave.
Pros
Cons
Pay. Not allowed to choose own annual leave. Poor management
25 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, we strive our-selves on our internal succession programs to help employees step up to the next level of management.

If you would like to discuss this further please email saverscustomerrelations@uk.aswatson.com

Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear17 February 2017
Good place to work people are nice and friendly average had good laughs have had ups and downstairs in the place but still a good company to work for
Not bad for starters
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Market Harborough, Leicestershire7 December 2016
this job is probably best for the young adults but not long term, savers can be a bit of a slave driving company and some times you wonder if they care about you at all. its frustrating and can be very irritating.

there has also been issues in the past where staff members where not paid correctly
Pros
you get paid
Cons
not always paid correctly, slave driving, fairly uncaring
Worst company to work for!!!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morecambe29 July 2016
If you love not having a social life then this job is for you! I put up with two years of this company and I should have quit during the first week. I wouldn't let my worst enemy work for this company! Savers are the most unproffesional company I have ever come across!!!! At first this company will welcome you with open arms and then once your settled they will treat you like a slave. As for getting out on time, it could be anywhere from 30mins to 2hours after your shift should have ended. Management are money hungry and set unrealistic sales targets which you get a lecture for if not met. SAS comes before customer service, I once made over £200 on SAS alone and still got a call asking me why I had done so bad. I was told one week that my SAS was 'rubbish'' and that was coming from the area manager. Breaks - I don't even know what breaks are anymore! As a supervisor your lucky if you get one break in, your always asked to do jobs whilst your still on your break e.g conference call which then shortens your break. You are made to work in horrid weather conditions in summer with the most pathetic air con, your made to run up and down all day with stock in black pants and a thick polo top which at the end of the day ends up stuck to you. You would get a disaplinary for having one day off and they would make you feel bad as if it's not acceptable to be ill. They would rather you worked whilst ill and spread your germs. Management are very childish and do NOT keep confidential info about staff private. As for supervisor training, it was very poor and I would be given tasks which I've  more... not even heard of and be expected to get on with it and just magically figure out what to do. Staff come and go so your constantly having to adjust to new management. As supervisor you will basically work like a manager but at supervisors pay. You'll be expected to bend over backwards for the company and do everyone else's jobs. If you have a day off you are garenteed to be called in to cover someone's shift. The shop is constantly understaffed which makes it impossible to complete all jobs. I could go on forever but overall this company is a joke!! no matter how desperate you are for a job DONT apply for a Savers job. I walked out with no job to go to and it was the best decision I ever made.  less
Pros
Cons
Long hours, under paid, never praised, treated like muck.
fun place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  felixstowe24 February 2016
was bad management when i worked there, the manager should have been done for harassment, he use to just turn up at my house. head office didn't car because he was meeting targets... really wanted to make my way up in the company.
Pros
great people
Cons
no lunch breaks
could do with improvement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe, ENG7 December 2015
fast paced store , always something to do, from filling the shop floor to paperwork and dealing with customers enquiry supervisors staff and outside agents..
Awful, stay away from this company at all costs!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG18 August 2015
I worked for Savers for just a small period of time, had I known what I was in for at the interview I would never have taken the job. The company and their managers work on bully boy tactics, staff morale is low, I find it difficult to find any positive things to say about them, apart from that one or two of the staff were lovely and did not deserve to be treat like they were!
I would regularly work 10 hours a day but only got paid for 8, I would also be expected to work up to 13 hours a day but again only paid for 8, it's exploitation ! I never ever got the breaks I was entitled too either. Complaints fall on deaf ears. It's a greedy, money grabbing company that would rather use a regular turn over of free labour from the job centre than pay a wage for staff that they actually needed. I would not recommend anyone work for this company, there are better jobs out there!
Pros
Cons
Far too many!
Not a nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scotland13 August 2015
Rate of pay is shocking for what is expected of you , long hours and hours can get changed at last minute without you knowing , you never finish when your meant to , training wasn't great
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rate of pay
Different what is promoted on your information pack.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Midlands3 June 2015
A very unprofesdional training pack. ( just get on with it). Long hours lucky if you get a break, of if you do u get a couple of minutes. No support from higher management, but are there if you have done something wrong. The job is totally different in reality to what is promoted on the tin. Rate of pay very poor for what is expected from you. Must be available 24/7. Even though you have got an eight hour contract if you refuse once not to ome in, you are then blacklisted. Glad to have left this company .
Pros
Cons
Long hours no brwaks
Awful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tamworth6 February 2015
The worst company I have ever worked for. The staff are bullies and the management are the worst of all. Days off never happened always had calls to go in and help due to staffing issues. A company I would definitely would not work for again.