Savers Health and Beauty

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Store Manager (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Colwyn Bay, Conwy21 February 2020
I have worked for the company for 15 years worked my way up to store manager a fantastic place to work feel valued and appreciated for all the hard work fast paced environment and challenging at times like all retailers. Area managers and regional manager are a massive support. I started in a smaller store and have moved to a larger one area manager has been a massive support and will go above and beyond to help and support all his stores his dedication to his role inspires you to want to achieve and be the best leader you can. I personally think its a fantastic place to work.
Great company to work for on the whole
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Porthmadog, Gwynedd20 February 2020
A very fast pace and demanding role. Every day is different. Can get very tough at times.But very rewarding at the same time. Very supportive with great benefits e.g statutory bonus and conferences.
Our area manager is always there if needed at any time of the day and is always approachable.
I am proud to work for savers and being a brand ambassador for the company.
Sociable and flexible hours with a living wage.
Always support available if needed from all levels of management. Its like being a part of a massive family.
Disgusting treatment.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Anonymous9 February 2020
Where do I even start.

Being a Store Manager at savers is the most stressful, ridiculous management job you can get.

You are contracted to 39 hours but work 45-50 per week, if busy you can be working up to 60 hours to be told (its your choice to work those hours) even though, you're working hours at 7:45am-6:15pm 5 days a week.

Savers is a company that take a ladies voice over anyone else at all.

Someone I know had a lie told about them making comments to a friend and is now being disciplined for it considering there were 2 managers and a supervisor present in the conversation who are defending him and the company still feel fit to take a the opinion of a young girl over 5 defending managers.

The salary is NOT worth the work you are expected to do, you receive absolutely no support from head office and the company LOVES to find any management they possibly can and discipline them right before March to save money on giving out bonuses. I was there for two years and knew of 8 managers in just 2 years who had their bonuses taken off them for bogus claims.
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom18 November 2019
Decent salary for a small box retailer.
Upper management are pleasant.
Great products and prices.

Horrendous work life balance. The worst I've ever experienced.
Mainly caused by out of date processes. It's like being in 1999 not 2019!

In summary, if you love a challenge and hate being at home, this is the job for you.
Enjoyed every minute of my time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire29 September 2019
Hard work but fun place to work if you are part of a good team.
No day is every the same working at Savers new challenges and tasks.
New stock lines arrive weekly ,I really do miss it.
Pros
Time passes fast
Cons
stores tend to be very hot
Great experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Downham Market, Norfolk25 September 2019
Learned a lot about customer service, management n sales, super experience . Excellent teamwork and higher management interactions. Overall great experience, would love to share the experience
Store manager
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds27 August 2019
Savers is a great company to work for the pay and benefits are fantastic, it's hard work but over all a lovely company to work for and pay reflects this. The team at the bury st edmunds store are lovely friendly great hard working team always pulls together when needs to.

Hi!

We are so glad to hear you're enjoying working with us.

The team in your store are great, thank you for being a part of it!

Savers

Think very carefully about going there
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom2 August 2019
If you value you mental and physical health don't do it
No air con and poor heating in winter old stores with lots broken equipment not replaced
bullying is rife across the board nothing done
upper management and hr are a joke don't listen
constantly under threat from disciplinary action for the most trivial of things and expect different treatment from what your colleagues get if your not in the in crowd with the area manager and above
hardest part of the job is the lack of care regarding employees welfare and the sheer volume of task they give you with very little store hours to do them hence you end up working in your own time to get them done
no longer a good employer more bothered about their image than actually following through with what they say they care about and do empty promises
very fake company now
Pros
Cons
everything

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  All over16 May 2019
I genuinely loved working for this company it was hard work and fast pace and yes the budget was tight, I saw that as a challenge as a store manager I did work way to many hours, but working hard to get the job done I saw that as leading by example, I left because of the area manager no support was given, no communication, a bit of a bully, I now believe this person no longer works there shame they didn’t leave while I was there I could still be part of a great team
Pros
Bonus, discount card
Cons
Travel, area manager

Hi!

I'm so glad you loved working with us, we definitely want to feel like a big family!

But I'm also sorry to hear about your experience. If you wish to raise this with us, please contact the People team.

manger
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Selby28 April 2019
worked in a retail shop has a manger doing the sales and displays opening and closeing the shop following head office rules and changes to the store giving support to staff
Pros
Cons
to many changes not getting feed back

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers

Rewarding job where you get to be yourself!!
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Byker22 March 2019
When I applied for the job at Savers it only took a couple of days for me to hear back. I had a telephone interview at a time that suited me, which then progressed to an interview with my store manager 2 days later. This was nerve wracking, but within 30 seconds of meeting her she had put me at ease. she showed me around the store and explained the day to day processes, at the same time as asking me questions for the interview. This made it really easy for me to give answers I was happy with, because it wasn't just her sitting asking me questions and writing down my answers. After this interview I went on to my final interview with the area maager. Having previously worked for a supermarket, the thought of having to impress the area manager was terrifyng. Again, this wasn't necessary because she's lovely and a real, approachable person. This interview was a bit more in depth, talking about how hard the job is, and the level of commitment needed to meet targets and get everything done.

When I started the job the first couple of shifts were just all of the essential training and watching those thrilling dvds that all companies have. After that I worked alongside various members of the store team to learn how to do my job. The store manager personally taught me everything I needed to know to be a successful part of the management team. Most people in the store have been there for quite a few years, so they taught me the ins and outs of the day to day tasks. The entire team were, and still are, incredibly supportive. Everyone helps each other out, and there is always someone
  more... to turn to if you're not 100% or just need a hand. This isn't just the store though. If as a member of management you're struggling with something, there are 20 other stores and an area manager who are all at the end of the phone. If the person you ring doesn't know the answer, they can tell you exactly who will. Everyone is a team player.

Work life balance is one of the things that I have struggled with a little bit since working here. A few weeks after I started another member of the management team left. Being part time, I naturally worked more hours to help the team, and store out. At one point I was working a lot of hours, and as a single mother to a toddler I began to struggle to find a work life balance. I was worried about letting the store down, but spoke to my manager about it. She was amazing and my hours were reduced straight away. I was still doing overtime to help the store, but was also having time to spend with my daughter.

There are really good progression opportunities within the company. A lot of the store managers have worked their way up, so hard work definitely pays off. I know that when I'm ready to work my way up the ladder I will have the chance to do so. You also get 10% discount at Superdrug for you and someone else, which is always a good perk to have.

The worst part of the job is that it's really hard work, but that's also what makes it so rewarding. Sometimes you've got a delivery so big that you don't have time to think, and you have to work that little bit harder to get the job done. That's why you're told about how hard it is in the interview process though, so that you know exactly what you're getting yourself into.

The best part of the job is that you get to be your own person. With a lot of big companies they want you to go in and fit into a neat little box and have zero personality. It's not at all like this at Savers. You get to express yourself through the way you look, you can have jazzy coloured hair and piercings if you want to. A lot of big companies don't allow that. You also get to have a different personality to other people in your store. In some workplaces if you don't have the exact same opinions as everyone else you become a black sheep. Not at Savers, everyone is embraced and welcomed into the Savers family.
Pros
Discount, good team
Cons
Hard work, long hours
25 March 2019

Hi,

Thankyou for spending the time leaving us this review!

Your review was such a delight to read! A detailed an honest review lets our people of tomorrow know exactly what to expect, so thankyou!

It's amazing to hear your journey with us from the start at recruitment up to now. If you ever need anything please contact the People Team in Head Office

Thanks again!

Worked for company for 14 years
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North East12 March 2019
I started off when i was 16 years old and have literally worked my way through the rankings, supervisor, assistant manager and now store manager of one of the busiest stores in the business.

I think the length of service says a lot about savers, I enjoy my job most of the time (like all jobs it does have its bad days) the best part about my job is most definately my team. We are like a little family.

The hours are long and sometimes it is frustrating especially now having a young family myself. However I was able to return to the same store and work around my family with hours that best suits me.

The salary is most definately competitive for the retail sector and the bonus scheme is something to keep you pushing towards your KPI's where you can earn upto 30% of your salary!

If your passionate about retail then savers will be great for you. You get out what you put in.
Pros
Bonus scheme, discount card
Cons
Days can be long
25 March 2019

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

Your length of service is so lovely to see, its definitely people like you that we love having in our stores! You've definitely worked hard and its shown through your progression. Well done!!

If you ever need anything contact the People Team

4th Best Big Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gateshead12 March 2019
Wow what can I say proud to be working for the 4th best big company voted in the Sunday Times 2019. Started as an Assistant Manager and was giving the opportunity to devlop futher through the companys internal Empower course, which gave me the skills needed to progress to my current role as Store Manager.
The job in itself is very rewarding, you get a sense of satisfaction when your store is looking great and the dedication and hard work you put into it doesn't get unnoticed by the Area Manager, who is committed to pushing you to the best of your ability. Teamwork is key with savers who are committed to giving 100% customer service at all times.
Bonus scheme is fantastic potential earnings up to 30%of your annual salary!
Fast paced work with a great vibe about the day couldn't think of a better place to work
Pros
Bonus scheme, Teamwork, Training and Development

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us this review!

It's so great to hear you enjoy the Savers ethos and that youre supported by everyone to achieve goals together!

Hearing that you are able to make a positive impact and a difference in Savers is a great skill to have!

Thanks again,

Savers Health Home and Beauty
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne12 March 2019
I have worked for the savers family for almost 5 years i came to the company as an assistant manager and with the amazing suport from my area manager and
the support network that is the Savers family i am now a store manager in Byker.Not only have we been awarded 4th best company to work for 2019 by the sunday times we pride ourselves on our amazing customer service and fantastic competative prices on a great range of products.I love working for Savers .There is within the comany an amazing rate of progression from sales assistant to supervisor to assistant manager and manager .So if you want a career in retail why not come and join us and work your way to the top .The best job i've had in all my 35 years in retail.
Pros
Good rate of pay, bonus scheme, Teamwork we are one big family

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

It's great that you are enjoying your time with us and that you have grown with us! Savers is all about building relationships and it's good that you agree! It's managers like you that have such a positive impact on your teams. Well done!

Thanks again,
Savers

Best first 6 months in any role!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear7 March 2019
I’ve been a Store Manager with Savers now for 6 months. Genuinely the warmest welcome of any company I’ve worked for. The day to day life is fast paced, but in retail you get out of it what you put into it, if you’re prepared to work hard and do what you can to enhance the business you’re definitely rewarded for that. The pay is good and fair for the work you do, it’s probably as multi-faceted as any Store Manager position, you work within guidelines but do have the autonomy to make the right decision by your store. It’s the only company I’ve ever worked for with actual perks, that aren’t fictional or subject to constantly moving goalposts. They invest a lot of time and money into their people and that really shines through. Looking forward to a long career with this company.
Pros
Company perks, discount, great atmosphere
Cons
N/a

Hi!

thankyou for taking the time to review us!

It's so great to see your having an amazing experience in your new Store Manager role with us! We hope you're settling in well and if you ever need anything contact the People Team!

Great Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire27 February 2019
Savers is an absolutely amazing company to work for.
If you enjoy work and are a manager, then please apply!
The CEO of the company is amazing. He is pleasant and very chatty.
Upper Management are great too.
There is no standing still here though. You have your breaks and will work from start to finish. Always something to do. The customers are AMAZING and really make your day.
If you get a great team behind you, then your job is made a lot easier.
My team were amazing and were engaged always.
I will miss working here and for the 2.5 years I was there, I enjoyed almost every minute.
Very fast. Great bonuses to grab. Great annual Christmas party and you are treated in the summer too.
A personal thank you to everyone I met there, from my team to all upper management and H.R
Pros
Great Bonus scheme, Great training, Voted number 4 in best companies to work for 2019, Great value on the products.An all round great company to work for
4 March 2019

Thanks for the review!
It's so great to see that as a store manager you loved your experience!
Savers is definitely like a family and it's great to hear that you enjoyed working with your teams!

Best of luck in your career!

Don’t work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands27 November 2018
Demoted from store manager to assistant mgr got told via salesfloor Team member lack of honesty and communication is awful tried making contact whilst on sick
Cons
No communication
4 December 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review

If you would like to get in touch with the People Team to discuss the issues you faced instore please do not hesistate.

Best of luck in your career.

Thanks

Savers

Fast paced discount retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2018
An ever changing range of health and beauty product, but prepare for long hours and very tight staffing budgets.

5 years ago I often worked over 60 hours per week.
19 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review!

We're sorry that you often had to work long hours, but hope you enjoyed your time with us!

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career,

Best,

Stay away!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  midlands16 September 2018
Awful company! Rude and aggressive upper management. Very much "if your face fits". Long hours....massive unrealistic workload.

It maybe a discounter...but that doesn't mean you can run a shop with yourself and one other.

If you are looking at a job in retail, you are better off going to another discount retailer who will treat you with respect!
Pros
Discount at Superdrug
Cons
Too many to list!
9 November 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Were sorry to hear that your time with us wasn't great, if you would like to raise any issues then please contact The People Team who would be happy to help.

Best of Luck in your career,

Savers

hard busy and productive work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  N wales14 September 2018
never time to standstill,
always plenty to do,
task focused a lot of the time,
good teamwork,
support from area managers .
some stock issues more stock rather than less.
plenty of training opportunities and plenty of scope and support to progress upwards
Pros
busy never boring, good atmospere
Cons
very physical, some stores are older buildings and thus can be very warm in summer and very cold in winter
5 November 2018

Hi There,

Thanks for the feedback!

We are so glad your time with us held lots of progress opportunities and that you had lots of support from our Area Managers!

Best of Luck with your career!

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.

Savers Health and Beauty Reviews by Location