Savers Health and Beauty
Information from Savers Health and Beauty:

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Shop Assistant36 reviews
United Kingdom36 reviews
I hated working here it was horrible the staff are rude I would not recommend working here the hours are rubbish and the pay is even worse the best part of the job was home time
Pros
na
Cons
everything

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers
I love working at Savers as my colleagues are so sweet and caring and just overall working there is enjoyable. Every job I get set is done with happiness and motivation.

Thanks, Savers
a typical day working in savers was stacking the shelves and deliver good customer service. I learned that it boosted my confidence in working with others. the most enjoyable part of the job was stacking the shelves and learning where everything went.
19 March 2020

Thanks, Savers
I restocked shelves. I was face forwarding products. I took heavy things up to the storage room. I helped customers and asked for help when I needed it.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

It's great to hear you've enjoyed your time with us.

We wish you all the best.

Thanks, Savers
a typical day for me would be to replenish stock and serve customers when i was there i learned how to use a till system i enjoyed serving customers and interacting with different people

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

We wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Thanks, Savers
The work itself was pretty straight forward however a lot was expected for the amount you were getting paid. You would also be starting really early sometimes and leaving when the shop shut.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers
Not a friendly place to work, started there when i was 16 as a weekender. Left due to not getting hours and also because i got offerd a full time job at poundworld
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Not a friendly place to work
All staff are welcoming with an equal mind-set. They are also very motivating and help you if in need. For instance one of the days I was working and I was very busy as a customer approached me so my colleague stepped in and helped the customer instead.
27 September 2018
Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback!

Many thanks,

Savers
I was only doing my work experience at saver so I only got the chance to work there for a week but the staff where lovely and friendly and the store was overall a good place to work. I enjoyed the work experience and think that is a great place to work .
Horrible to work for I'm shocked they have made it into the top 30 companies to work for. They don't look after the staff, you get no thanks off them especially at Christmas. They have you working stupid 4 hour days , have you pushing sas and moaning if you don't sell enough, constantly mess round with the hours without telling you and to top it all off there's always one favourite member of staff who gets what they want
Pros
Cons
No apreciation or anything
25 August 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback - We are sorry that you felt that things were not fair in the store you worked in.

We are constantly striving to be better, and are constantly making improvements as we have managed to go from the 15th Best Big Company to the 10th this year (2017).

If you would like to discuss things further please contact saverscustomerrelations@uk.aswatson.com
I only worked a week here for work experience and it was a good look into the world of retail. I learnt how to interact with costumers and some of what goes into working a store.
I would start at 9;00 and the timing of when I had finished depended on when the job was done, so for example if something was done incorrect then you couldn't leave. However the hardest part of the job was customer complaints as it would be difficult to take control of the situation but it had always been solved. On the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job was that all the staff was friendly and really helpful.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
very lovely place to work staff were very kind and helpful if I had a problem or needed help with something they were ready to help me. well managed and smoothly run. I learnt how to correctly place the items on the correct shelves, learnt how to correctly talk to a customer and solving a problem for them. a typical day at work would start with me coming in and signing in then go down to the shop floor and check that the selves are fully stocked and in the rightful place and if not change them and go to store room and get the correct product and put them out onto the shelves. The best part of the job was being able to be around new people every day getting to know the regular customers and being able to lend a helping hand when needed.
Pros
an hour lunch break. constantly meeting new people.
25 August 2017
Thanks for leaving this feedback for us - We really appreciate it!

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed working for us and we are sad to see you go! We wish you the best of luck in your Career and if you wish to rejoin our Savers family then visit www.savers.jobs

Thanks again!
I was just on work experience as I could not get a full time or part time job due to being heavily pregnant. I did really enjoy working here though and would reccomend it. I didn't receive pay due to being on work experience so i can not comment fully on this.
Pros
lovely staff and pleasent work experience
Cons
I can't think of any
was okay working there, shelf stacking duties serving, cleaning duties, stock take accounting work, various tasks, I learned many tasks and did receive nvq but since lost all certificates moving
Nasty horrible place to work, staff are nasty and always slags each other off on the stock rooms stock goes missing and some of the staff smell such a nasty place to work
Cons
I learned a lot about myself working with savers, I learnt my strengths and weakness and what I'm capable of in a person. The job wasnt a good job because I was doing the same things everyday nothing different well as me I like to be on my feet busy and different jobs to do.
The workplace is not a spacious place very small and it always used to get busy, the staff was lovely people got a long with them and the customers was darling ain't got a bad word to say about savers, it's just I didn't have long enough break n I had 1 break a day which was my lunch when I was doing 9am - 430pm
Cons
no break, no free lunch
I was still in school when I did this work experience so I didn't get paid. a normal day for me was very busy and fun socialising with the staff and being able to help anyone who needed me. I learned a little bit about customer service and how to approach customers in certain situations being able to send each customer to the product that they needed and facing up on shelves. (making sure each item is in the correct isle and making sure they're facing outwards so customers can see what they're looking for.
my manager and my co-workers were helpful, teaching me certain things and encouraging me throughout the shift.

hardest part was sorting out the stock on shelves.

seeing the customers happy.
Pros
got to learn new things about customer service
Cons
they made me do shelf stacking for 2 weeks
I enjoyed the work experience however, this was arranged via jobcentre plus and only lasted for 1 month. I would have liked to continue and improve my skills as I feel I may have even been offered a job maybe if given the chance.
Pros
Got to meet people and interact with customers.
Cons
Too short experience
I liked working here for the time i was there. The staff and customers was very friendly. I never felt unwelcome. I use to stack shelfs to stock checks work on tills. Very nice enviroment.
Horrible work place.
Rude staff.

Poor health and saftey.

I didn't find that Savers was the right place for me as they did not really seem to care about their staff working at the store it was poorly organised.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9