Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Good company
Apprentice/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham13 January 2019
I worked at Savers for two years and completed an apprenticeship here. Overall a good company to work for and a great starter job for school-leavers. Much better than some companies!
4 February 2019

Hi there,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so glad you enjoyed your apprenticeship with us and it helped kick start your career!

Thanks again,

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 December 2018
it was good, however we had to make sure that the shop floor is clean and tidy, customers are being seen and spoken to. everything was looked after and clean.
Pros
free lunch
4 January 2019

Hi there,

Thankyou for your review! It's great that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customers always came first!

Best of luck in your career

Savers

Not a nice place to work!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands16 December 2018
What a horrible place to work mangerment had attitude never trained me just dumped on the till and expected me to learn myself when you rang the bell for help there face was like thunder and never even had a toilet on site I would not recommend working for this company there was no team work and there was atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Bad team work and attitude from mangerment and badly organised.
4 January 2019

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!
It's such a shame that you didn't have a good experience in our store, I would recommend contacting the People Team regarding any issues you'd like to raise with them.

Many Thanks and best of luck in your career search.

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex23 November 2018
Since starting at savers I have never felt more welcomed into the work family. They all look out for me and always find ways to make me feel comfortable. It is an enjoyable job and an amazing place to be. Working with my collegeues makes me lose track of time and that’s what makes the job so enjoyable, the savers team
29 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for your feedback!

We are so pleased that your time with us so far has been an enjoyable one! It is so great to hear that you work as a team and that you're now part of the Savers Family in store!

If you need anything please contact the People Team,

Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport20 November 2018
Ive worked for savers for a few years now and i would like to say it is the best job ive ever done. The pay and hours are great and there worked around my children school hours. The manager is a really nice down to earth man who is there to help you with any worries or question you mite have. As for the team they are great to work with. As we all look at each other as a savers family then co-workers. As soon as you walk through the door you will be welcome. The job as a whole is great you learn new things every day whether its on the tills or shop floor ive been there awhile and im still learn new thing. So come join are savers family.
Pros
Superdrugs discount and good pay
23 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review with us.

We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Savers. We really are a family here and it's great that the team in store are supporting you! if you ever need anything please contact the People Team ,

Thanks!

Savers

Difficult and full of flaws
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornbury14 November 2018
I have worked at savers for a few months now and I am already looking to move on. The main problem with this job is that management won't listen to anything said to them. Although the pay is above average the management at my store were very incompetent. They tried to force me to stay by putting me into minus hours of holiday so I would have to work to earn more holiday or pay them when I left. Along with this they were very difficult in giving me shifts and would always give me shifts that I was unable to do due to my college work and this did not stop after I explained this to them. So overall I would not advice working at savers at all.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Uncompromising management
19 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this feedback.
We really reccomend contacting the People Team regarding your issues that you are having in store, we really do pride ourselves in looking after our teams.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Savers

Horrible place to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford9 October 2018
Mangerment don't listen when you have problems they allow bullying within the team and don't do anything about it, if your face don't fit your get a hard time
9 November 2018

Hello,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us the review.

At Saver's we do not tolerate bullying in the workplace, and I'd really recommend contacting The People Team regarding this.

We wish you the best of luck in your career

Ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2018
Building a positive relationship with colleagues and customers, working at tills and being able to multitask throughout my daily. Keeping up with time-keeping and having to be very vigilant with money, customers and store.
Creating a good atmosphere for colleagues and customers for each visit to the store, making sure the store is presentable and appealing to customers, helping customers in store when asked questions, being first in resort of help when needed. Ensuring the customers get all the help they need. Asking if they would like to view any new perfumes that are on offer.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
cleaning

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this honest review. We appreciate all feedback and wish you the best of luck in your career.

No structure
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, West Dunbartonshire19 September 2018
This company claims to be in the top 50 best companies to work for in the UK, however that would probably be for the head office staff who are extremely detached from the reality of working in one the stores.

Staff are expected to get to the store for 5.30am and are often asked to work until store closing time at 6pm and are out for 6.30pm.
The staff canteen was little more than a cleaning cupboard with one small table, one seat, no heating, faulty light, dingy and full of cleaning stuff such as bleach, mopes and brushes.

For the life of me I can't see why working in a store for Savers would be a great experience. Staff under pressure to meet excessive add on sales. Stores are usually in very run down shopping centers or town centers with high levels of crime. The stores themselves are small and so cramped that staff are fighting for space to breath in with customers.

Top 50 company to work in? No chance...
Pros
Cons
long hours, rude customers, no structure, no staff canteen provisions, back breaking work, rubbish pay, cramp little stores, under pressure all the time.
9 November 2018

Hi,

Thank you for leaving your review.

At Savers we really care about our in store teams, and I would strongly recommend contacting the People Team regarding the issues you've raised above.

Thanks,

Bad manenger maner
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Malden, Greater London5 September 2018
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) – new malden – 5 Augast2018
Had the worst experience working for Savers last year. SAS caused too much pressure, although not many staff members met targets. Rude management team were a nightmare to work for. No sympathy for people who suffer with things such as IBS, or who are starting out in their first job. Pull you in with good words and then as soon as you settle in, it’s a totally different experience. Would not recommend.
5 November 2018

Hi There,

Thanks so much for leaving us feedback!

We're sorry to hear that you're experience with us wasn't how it should be, and if you'd need anything please do not hesitate to contact the People Team

Savers

the people are very friendly and the the salary and benefits are great
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire26 August 2018
A typical day at work is a happy and friendly environment. i have leant how to work with others and up sell items since ive been working at savers. the management at savers are very helpful and friendly. and the work place culture is fun. the most enjoyable part of the job is talking and helping the customers.
Pros
30% off in superdrug
Cons
packing items
2 November 2018

Thanks for the review!
We're so glad to hear that your work life is a happy and enjoyable experience, and that you've learnt new skills whilst working with us!

Many Thanks and contact us if you need anything!

Savers

Good benefits but some cons
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2018
Its a good jobs for students, quite simple responsibilities and the pay is quite good. You also get quite a few benefits like discounts too. However you were unable to choose your shift times (this is what I experienced within the 4 months I worked there) which meant I was closing up every Sunday and getting the undesireable hours on the weekend.
Pros
Good pay and discounts
Cons
Lack of shift choice and bias management
2 November 2018

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so happy to hear you had an enjoyed your time with us! We're sorry that the store wasn't too flexible with the shift times, if you'd like to discuss this further please contact the People Team.

Savers

Not a nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk1 August 2018
Managers did not speak to the staff with respect. I was promised a Saturday off every other week but this never happened. I would never leave work on time they always made me stay longer even if I was not able to. I was under 18 and doing over 10 hour shifts a day which was illegal. I was crying on a daily basis because it was a horrible place to work. When I left I was not paid the amount I had earnt.
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Long hours, bad management, not paid full

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. If you would like to discuss any of the issues raised further please get in contact with our People Team who can support you.

Wishing you the best of luck in your future,

Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2018
Everyday is enjoyable and there are new tasks to carry out.
Great company benefits. Perfect job for students and people who are looking for part-time employment.

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this great review!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Savers

An enjoyable work environment with fantastic social opportunities
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire17 July 2018
I worked in the East Kilbride store for 7 years. Throughout that time, I was studying first at college and then my undergrad at uni, and the management were brilliantly flexible to allow me to continue working for the store.

I enjoyed the fun-loving environment created by the staff. Most of us were in our late teens/early 20s, and that really showed in the way we interacted. We would be very sociable with each other, but not to the point where we never got anything done. If anything, this fueled how we did our job, and we were often one of the highest performing stores in the west of Scotland.

The pay was fair for what you do, but it could have been better. We got minimum wage at £7.50 when I left, but I do believe that has went up now.
Pros
Great social environment; fantastic hours
Cons
Pay could have been better

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and that you made friendships within your store. At Savers, we strive for all of our stores to be like their own family.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

I don't Like that company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough20 June 2018
Always on the till, nothing I didn't already know, didn't like the manager, the only part I enjoyed was going home. We always got it in the neck when SAS was not good, staff treated like slaves. The manager was not nice to the staff specially those with issues, cant have other commitments.
Pros
nothing
Cons
be flexible as you may get called in unexpectedly

Hiya,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you weren't happy in your time with us. If you would like to discuss any of the issues above please contact our People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck in your career.

Thanks,
Savers

good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire12 June 2018
i enjoyed my day at work i leart quiet a lot and it made me so much more confident i was really happy with the way i was treated everyone was so nice in i lernt so much just wish i got chance to use the tills but the work i did do i was really happy with doing
Pros
good staff
Cons
good hours

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback!

We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you gain new skills.

We would like to wish you best of luck in your career.

Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire6 June 2018
Cons
Rude management team, uncomfortable environment

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are very sad to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. Please contact our People Team in Head Office if you would like to discuss anything further.

Productive and fun.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashington30 May 2018
I personally enjoy working for savers, all the colleagues I work with are amazing and fun people to be around. So far I have gained skills such as working on the till and great customer service.
Pros
Good paay.
Cons
Not very good hours.
6 June 2018

Hiya,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback - we are very happy to hear that you are learning new skills with us!

Best of luck,

Awful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales14 May 2018
Worked with savers for 2 years, and easily the worse place I've ever worked. Managers who aren't interested in working, stupid daily targets that were impossible to reach when managers couldn't be bothered, which didn't motivate staff. impossible to get time off without being made to feel guilty, or made to work 8/9 shifts in a row! You'll always be made to work every Sunday and every 6am delivery! Management forever having time off tho, when the shop is at peak business! Advice? don't apply for a job with savers.
22 May 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good time with us.

If you wish to discuss this please contact the People Team at Head Office.

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.

Savers Health and Beauty Reviews by Location