Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

modern slavery
Store Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  south west4 February 2019
company old fashioned, penny pinching you will be treated like a dog but at least a dog gets a drink and a walk you will just be taken for a ride with aswatson.awful company to work for.
Pros
guaranteed hours as they cannot recruit as so awful
Cons
your contract
average
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashington18 June 2018
I would have to say working at savers was helpful for getting some skills in retail but as for the other staff I would have to say they treated my quite badly when I worked there
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
poor staff
27 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are happy to hear that you learnt new skills with us. If you want to discuss anything further please contact our People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck for the future.

Dull work environment
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire4 June 2018
As I did my work experience there first day or two were completely fine, but the experience just went down hill from there from regular staff blaming me and another person doing work experience for not stocking shelves when we was doing quite clearly in their view.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
disrespectful staff
productive and fun workplace
Retail assistant -Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Clydebank29 March 2018
very easy team to work with very busy kept and tidy shop floor area lots of things to do to keep going and managemnt was east to taln
to if there was any issues
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
very busy
11 April 2018

Hi There!

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and wish you the best of luck for the future.

Many thanks,

Awful place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 February 2018
This was by far the worst job i had in my life and i would not recommend anyone to work here! The management were rude and awful and you had no proper training, i would often be stood behind the tills for 7hrs in a row with no breaks. The staff were also rude to customers and were racist. I honestly have no positive thing to say about this place!
Pros
Cons
long hours, horrible pay, hardly any breaks, bad management

HI There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us - if you wish to discuss any of the issues that you have raised please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck for the future,

Not enough hours.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandwell21 February 2018
I always fond on retail, unless you are a supervisor or in management you don't receive enough hours as they are only allocated to do many hours a week. They should get rid of some staff as they are losing out on money paying extra wages for petty hours.
Cons
No hours.

Hi There,

We are grateful that you have taken the time to leave us his feedback.

We are sorry that you feel there were not enough hours in your store - we always try to accommodate hours with flexible hours and provide overtime whenever possible.

If you wish to discuss things further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Many thanks,

Fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire14 February 2018
It helped me get a job very good I'd definitely recommend it to other learnt me how to have more good communication with others and stack shelfs move stock, tills. Good customer service is was very much everything I wanted at the time. It was only work experience but really enjoyed it and really enjoyed working great in a team and individually and being able to make new friends and getting my self ready for a job.
Pros
Good lunches
Cons
Love long hours

Hello There,

Thank you for leaving this lovely feedback! We love hearing from previous and current employees about their journey with Savers.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us, if you wish to rejoin the Savers family please visit www.savers.jobs

nice place to work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skegness9 November 2017
i was there part of a work place part of a team
i learnt to stock rotate and face up
the managment easy to get on with
learning the tills
giving out leaflets and stocking the shelfs
17 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

It's always great to hear about our employee's experience - we would like to wish you the best of luck in your career!

productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow17 August 2017
The things that i have learned thorough my work experience was to well present the product in right sections.In my work experience the things that i liked was helping customer needs.
Pros
good lunch brake
1 September 2017

Hi there,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at Savers and if you wish to rejoin us just visit www.savers.jobs

Wishing you all the best,

Excellent but demanding job
Retail Assistant (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Heswall15 August 2017
Working in the shop itself is good, team members are all nice people, everyone gets along with everyone. Working in savers has really gave me the boost in confidence i needed, i feel a lot more able to speak to anyone, tackle any tasks and definitely work in a set time frame to hit any targets and over achieve. The company however does expect a lot of us! For example the company expect us to stay behind if you shift finishes at closing time and clean the shop and help cash the tills up which usually takes up to 30 mins - 1 hour which is unpaid. the idea if we don't pitch in you will get stigma and felt like they can easily replace you. the company says you have a voice but you don't. Besides from that the job is superb and i would recommend to anyone.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
unpaid close
1 September 2017

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback - we are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your role however sad to hear that you feel you do not have a voice, we would love to speak to you and try and resolve any issues you are having so please contact the People Team in head office. You will find their contact details either in the Welcome book or on the Intranet.

I hope we hear from you soon and please keep up the amazing work!

Productive and fun place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tooting Broadway Station7 February 2017
Good management, sales and customer oriented, flexible, team work is important, orderly, as well as punctuality, hard work and positive attitude appreciated.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Break is too short and working for hours before one is due
4 February 2019

Hi!

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and that you was appreciated for your hard work!

We are all about team work here at Savers and definitely customer orintated!

Many Thanks and best of luck in your career.

Savers

long hours and emotionally draining
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2016
training in this job was never fully given, our manager gave us work sheets of answers that we had to quickly copy when the area manager was about to visit,the assistant manager was hardly in and when she was didn't do much staff were left on the floor sometimes not knowing their job but was just asked to 'face up'. Savers pretend to be 'family' orientated but when some staff had to have time off for childs sickness they were made to feel isolated from the team....worse job I ever had!
Pros
End of my shift
Cons
Other employees were great, and the working environment wasn't stressful at all
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride17 September 2016
My time in savers was short and sweet, everyone was brand new. I learned my way around the shop fast enough due to everyone willing to help. All round great work environment and would highly recommend it for anyone else.
fun frendily work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow15 July 2016
at savers i found it a really good and freindly envorment everyone i done anything from taking delivires to standing out side the shop to chatting to pepole about savers offers and deals that were on offering them a free magazine with all the weeks deals and offers and trying to get the to come in and browse the store the hardest part of the job was taking in early hour deliviers and trying to have the store room and shop floor and shelfs presentable for the store opening
fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall29 June 2016
I enjoy working so a day in the work place was fun for me. I enjoyed meeting new people and people in the store. I enjoy taking on new challenges day to day.
productiver and a fun workplace and great team
Trainee Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annan, SCT17 January 2016
was good team looked after me .learned about products and how retail works with the cutsomers and how they make thinmgs sell .
happy workplace with great staff and employers
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southport, ENG28 December 2015
enjoyable workplace and friendly staff. Offered an "apprenticeship" as such to become a supervisor, but didn't go ahead with it as it was a big drop in wage whilst training.
fun workplace
Voulenteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, ENG7 November 2015
fun and productive workplace although i was only there a little while as a vouleenter doing work experience i really enjoyed it i would love to work full time for saver all there staff are friendly and alway willing to help
Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, ENG17 July 2015
A very nice place to work very kind and helpful people
I learnt how to professionally stock and delist items also how to communicate with everyday people
Morally corrupt
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield16 August 2014
Worked here for three dates before getting sacked because I intend to go to university in September. Apparently I couldn't work a 12 hour contract around this. The staff search policy is ridiculous. You are searched every time you leave the building,you had dot spin a wheel and whatever it lands on they search it eg shoes. This Is so morally wrong. The satire manager is corrupt ant treats people on job centre work fare schemes like dirt. This company is evil.
Pros
Short shifts in the hellhole
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.

Savers Health and Beauty Reviews by Location