Savers Health and Beauty
Information from Savers Health and Beauty:

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Manager

Manager18 reviews
United Kingdom18 reviews
Long hours expected from u for no extra pay or time back ..
Negative Area manager nothing ever good enough ..

Staff had no training and had no idea what was expected from them ..

No motivation from up above higher management

Low self esteem in store ..
17 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers
I have worked for savers for 11 years even though it’s fasted paced and challenging at times I couldn’t do it without the support from my brilliant team and area manager. I personally think it’s a great place to work and your part of a family
Pros
Team
Cons
Not for everyone
19 March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.

We wish you all the best for your future.

Thanks, Savers
Fast pace working environment.
Progression within the company

Competitive prices

Training and development

Company expansion

Discount and benefits

Sick pay
19 March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.

We wish you all the best for your future.

Thanks, Savers
If you are thinking about joining this company don't ....run s mile .... I have 30 years management experience. This is a tick box company so All the HO teams do is look for the team doing things wrong then give out warnings .the staff are Never praised at all . If your team don't sell link deals they get warning. Staff hours are do low everyone gives thier own time to get the jobs done . On top of all of that if someone is s Bully with lots of complaints against them ...they promote the bully !!! Horrendous company ,terrible ethics

glad I left
18 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers
Having worked in retail for 28 years, I left fashion retail for savers and not looked back. The changing place on the high street for retailers has become very demanding with redundancies and stores closing. Savers are continuing to open more and more stores, they continue to develop and offer excellent rewards and benefits to their teams, my previous employer froze annual pay reviews for the last 5 or more years for management, savers still have an annual pay review.
It's very fast paced but rewarding.

And it's a growing business on the high street.
Pros
Rewards and benefits
Savers is all about the people, I have worked for a lot of retailers, big and small, but have to say savers is the best, there is support when needed and always some one to help.
It's hard work, but most retailers are, but the rewards are there for the taking!!

The progression is fast, so if your looking to work up in a company, savers is the one for you!
4 March 2019
Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

Savers definitely are about the people, and its great that you agree! It's great that you feel you are offered support continuously and you are offered progression!

Thanks,

Savers
Been working for Savers for 18 months and within this time got my own store. Lucky to have a great area manager and get rewarded for all the hard work done. As in life if you work hard you reap the rewards !
Pros
Job security, work life balance even at Christmas !
Cons
Can be long hrs
4 March 2019

Thankyou for the review!

It's great to see that your hard work in the past 18 months have paid off and you've got your own store. Congratulations!

Best of luck and contact the People Team if you need anything!

Savers
I have worked for Savers for 13 years, started off as a sales assistant and worked my way up the ladder as there is always great prospects for promotion if you work hard and want the role.
I feel the company is growing from strength to strength they really have a family feel about them and this is the feeling across the team

I like the fact that we are a discount retailer but have that extra factor great customer service.Yes I work hard but in retail you have to be focused and productive. Ive never had any issues with the higher management as good relationship are just the norm.

Love being part of the Savers Family
Pros
Fun place to work family feel
20 February 2019
Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

It's great that you are enjoying your time with us and that you have grown with us! Savers is all about building relationships and it's good that you agree!

Thanks again,

Savers
Poor management poor head office

Will put it in short terms do not work here

If you suffer a mental breakdown due to work you will face, disciplinary even if you have a sick note they will still take you in for an investigation they have no care for the health of there staff at all you can give your all and it will still not be good enough you won't be able to contest the decision made against you due to the fact you never get copy of the paper work.

Spoken to like dirty all the time by area mangers 0 team spirt always back stabbing going off even from top dogs like the regionals poor wages for the 70 hrs you have to as you can't over spend on wages or higher more staff to help with the amount of changes you have to do every week expected to put your self at risk by going to. Call outs in the middle of the night I could go on and. On and. Still would not have a good thing to say
Pros
Supportive store team
20 December 2018
Hi,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sorry about the issues stated above and we would strongly recommend contacting the People Team to raise them with us.

We wish you the best of luck in your career,

Many Thanks,

Savers
Bottom line, it’s not for everyone. But if you have a pro active positive approach you will love working for Savers.
Show some passion and enthusiasm then you’ll get noticed if you want to progress and create a career for yourself there are tons of opportunities out there.

I’ve been with them for over 5 years managing many sites in my time. It’s fast paced and I make it fun.

You do get out what you put in. Maximum effort = great results. Happy days.
Pros
Friendly and relaxed
Cons
if you like the job then there are not any.
22 May 2018
Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that your career is going well with us and your 5 years have been happy!

We would like to wish you every success in your career with us!

Many thanks

Sarah
Great place to work , fun atmosphere and great team work . Great training programs and opportunity to advance in the company . Great rewards and prizes.
1 September 2017
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review.

We are extremely pleased that you are enjoying your career with us and we wish many more years of job satisfaction!

Thanks,

open shop
set target

plan the day

execute the task for the day

prepare orders

and make the store safe and happy workplace

I would start three morning a week at 5.00am to meet delivery
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
its a quick turn over store and you dont get enough time with your customer
Being asked by area manager to write good reviews on here because most manager reviews are so shocking. Says all you need to know about this company. Unrealistic targets bullying atmosphere. Not ever allowed Saturdays off and working 12 hour days. By signig their contract you basically give up all your emplyment rights.
Pros
Cons
15-20 hours per week unpaid.
I started off as an assistant manager and then manager. Upper management ate a joke and set unrealistic goals, seen myself working over 13 hours a day because of unrealistic targets. I eventually fainted due to exhaustion and quit a day later.

The training is good and there are job oppurtunities out there if you work hard but the upper management is a joke and i would not reccoment it to anyone.
Pros
Training, Advancement
Cons
No work life balance, unrealistic targets and awful upper management
Having worked in Retail management for over 20years I can honestly say Savers are one of the most poorly ran by Area and Regional managers. The company and Area managers focus's change like the wind, what's crucial now will be replaced in a week or so.
I expect to work 55+ hours as company a heavy discounter, staff hours are tight, your cost controls are even tighter. Look after your staff and you will cope with these issues easy, be open door with all your collegues and do your share of hard work.

Do not expect any support from area or regional manager as neither care, company incentives are poorly launched and you may not even get told at all that there is one!

Bonus is simple, beat budget, control wages and hit stock loss target, great unless you had a record breaking year last year! If a stores ran badly, despite threats galore manager won't be sacked just moved! Poor management of poor performers leads to many of the poor reviews on indeed, have met managers who committ many of the 'sins' mentioned and they are left to do so by area manager and HR.

Expect no field support from your HR advisor, they are so confused and ditsy but also very indiscreet, regularly getvfacts mixed up or wrong and have witnessed same questions given two different answers.

Overall if your experianced at doing a lot of manual hands on management, can value your staff properly and actually help them progress if they want to and can self motivate yourself with little need for area manager support, can handle the work till its done mentality then this company is probably OK for you.
Pros
Allowed comtrol of own store
Cons
poor communication and poor HR
Past year has seen so much change in the company. Although great in theory and has became so customer service based management are having to work in excess of 60/70 hours to carry out day to day tasks as simple as filling shelves as the company cannot afford to pay members of staff
Pros
Potential Bonus and selling prizes
Cons
Extremly long hours. Unsociable
I will give you a honest review since Savers forgot to put these items in thier job advertisements.
I worked for this corupt company for 4 years and resigned becouse I cannot work for any company that abuses staff and work policies as much as Savers.

Their policy of reducing paid staff hours and abusing the government work experience scheme to replace them as free labour is as comical as thier policy on recruiting apprenticeships becouse they only have to pay for 16 hrs work and expect them to work 39 hrs.

SALES ASSISTANTS beware , you will be given a small contract with minimal wage but when asked you will be expected to work extra, also you will be told to sell products on the till, if you do not comply to either points you WILL be worked out of the business.

Breaks are minimal if you get to take them,

WATCH OUT you will be only get paid for 4 hrs shifts without a break but you will be told to start and finish 15 minutes before and after making it a 4 1/2 shift which entitles you to a break.

You will only progress within this company if you choose to ignore and turn a blind eye to breaches in health & safety and employment law.

If you do have any issues, the company grievance procedure is a joke and has no interest in the wellbeing of its employees.

Unfortunately whistleblowers or staff with an opinion are worked out of this company.

I hope this gives you an insight into the company and how they they treat thier employees.
Pros
Cons
long hours, low pay, no breaks
Savers are determined to make a business successful, however I feel the scope for career progression is not as good as it could be