Savers Health and Beauty
Information from Savers Health and Beauty:

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager38 reviews
United Kingdom38 reviews
A lot is expected from an Assistant manager. Made to feel as though they have to be on par with the manager but don't receive much acknowledgement for their work done in store. Bonus scheme however is amazing! If you have a good running store with a good team then I would recommend working here just for the bonus scheme.
Pros
Excellent Bonus Scheme
Cons
Salary for Managers and Assistant managers is poor.
As long as you can work with a few fakes and take in large amount of tasks and being nit picked about everything, but rather than tell you whine to the area manager, about something that they could tell you and help you develop better within your role, area very picky and expects a lot of work out of you in your own time even though 50+ hrs a week isn’t good enough she like to push for more

Thanks, Savers
When I first started I loved savers and the company. I had great career prospects with them.

We then got a new area manager about 6 months into the store opening. He has no idea what he is doing, he is negative and rude. Completely ruined the job for most people and the entire team left one by one. Would no longer recommend. Unless you manage to be a favourite of the area manager,

Thanks, Savers
There is always something to do in Savers. It is never boring. The jobs are fast paced always a challenge and new challenges every day. Never ever a dull moment.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.

We wish you all the best for your future.

Thanks, Savers
Great team and immediate manager.
Very stressful (have to go on a call everyday to discuss sales targets )

Expect to much of staff at times

Salary staff expected to do extra hours all the time

Very strict customer service expectations can be frustrating

Thanks, Savers
Good company to work for, always something to do, good training opportunities, good for progression.
Good communication with high management. They provide good training for all positions of staff

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.

We wish you all the best for your future.

Thanks, Savers
Shocking management and expected to work free hours every week Slavers.
No trust and support,or any real perks, just staff doing as little as possible, and management not giving any guidance,just pouncing on any little mistake like angry kids.
3 March 2020

Thanks, Savers
No hours for staffing. No air con. Unrealistic targets. Upper management have no people skills and have favourites that they openly admit. No help when asked. Expected to run the store as a AM over the Christmas period with 3 sales assistants and no other management help. Shop got broke in to at 3am and I got called out by the alarm company. I was expected to wait at the store by myself after the police had checked it until it was dusted by the CSI. After which I was told by the area manager to clean up the glass myself and get the store open ASAP as to not lose money. Was given abuse that I didn't have the store open by 10:30 by the area manager. I was there from 3:10am until 8pm as I had to wait for a security guard for the store overnight and was openly told by the area manager that it is my job I have to do it. 17 hours is a ridiculous and illegal amount of time to be expected to work with no extra pay as I was salary or gratitude at all from any member of upper management. Company will happily fire you if you don't sell a certain amount of selected products at the till points and make a point of telling you that after you get a job with them. STAY CLEAR!!!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else. Stay away.

Thanks, Savers
If you enjoy being told to give up holiday, days off, happiness, safety in the work place, then Savers is the place for YOU!

You’ll be expected to work a minimum of 50 hours a week and only get paid for 39. You’ll be expected to give up holiday and days off at short notice if your Area Manager demands it. You’ll be expected to do at least three peoples jobs at any one time as they’ve cut the budgets so ridiculously low that you can’t afford to staff the store but still be expected to achieve high standards. You’ll be expected to never complain about unfair hours, targets, pay, bullying (by the Area Manager and other store managers) because HR won’t deal with it and just blame the victims. You can be physically assaulted by another member of staff and it will still be the victims fault. You’ll be degraded and demeaned on a daily basis until you feel worthless and Savers won’t care because they believe that you are replaceable.

Do yourself one favour this year and don’t apply!

Thanks, Savers
They make sure they take a pound of flesh on every shift. apart from that, not a bad place to work. my motivation to leave was the lake of conditioning.. seems silly, but in the summer time in the redhill store the temperature would hit 45"

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear there were issues in your store.

Thanks, Savers
Left last week and seen my job advertised at a better salary than I was paid! Originally started at superdrug but was forced over after my store converted or i'd have lost my job area manager doesn't have a clue about how a shop runs and a lot of the time your left with just a colleague who can't do any tasks other than serve on tills or fill shelves. Nightmare place to work after managing in shops taking 700k a week to coming into this store with the roof caved in and struggling to take 12k a week I'd advise to stay well clear full of empty promises company, and you can work 10 hour days without a break (illegal) good luck if you work for them!

Thanks, Savers
Savers is an amazing company to work for. Application process is easy and quick, you don’t have to wait long for a response. It’s all about progression in Savers and everyone wants you to succeed whether it be within your store, the area, or the entire company, everyone wants what’s best for you & there’s always someone there if you need help with anything. The hours are long but they’re worth it when you see the results in your store. The job won’t be for you if you can’t handle a fast paced environment where you need to be very hands on, but if you’re a people person and love seeing amazing results in a busy environment then you’ll love it here.
Pros
Amazing teams, strong support system, bonuses based on KPIs, discount card
Cons
N/a
25 March 2019
Hi there,

Thanks for the review!

You've definitely highlighted so many positives of working with such a fast paced and growing company. It's great to read that you have a strong support system around you!

Thanks again,

Savers
Not many people can say they love their job but in my case i can..started working here 4 month ago and really enjoy it...not every day is the same..started as a supervisor.. promoted to assistant manager within 1st 3 months and love it even more..alot of work involved but i love a challenge and the support i have received from management has been great..staff are lovely to work with..everyone supports eachother..fab place to work!
25 March 2019

Thanks for the review!

We're so glad to hear that your work life is a happy and enjoyable experience, and that you've learnt new skills whilst working with us!

Many Thanks and contact us if you need anything!

Savers
Been working for this company for 5 months now and it is the best one I have worked for yet, the management team give you all the support you need to do your job to the best of your ability, all the stores help each other out, it's like one big family and that's what you need when coming to work, the days go so fast, there is always something to do in the store and never get tired of doing this job.
Best decision I made was moving to this company
23 March 2019
Hi,

thankyou for the review, we really appreciate the feedback!

Its so nice to see that you're getting the support you need to settle into your new role and that the area you work in is like a big family!

If you need any support settling in further or have any queries contact the People Team

thanks again,

Savers
Expected to work 60+ hours per week annd only get paid for 39, supposed to get days in place of this but never happens. Seems you have to be a drinker to fit in with management, favouritisum and bullying happen regulary. No back up from head office, unrealistic targets, unachieveable bonus scheme, i would not recommend savers as a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay
9 November 2018
Hi there,

Thankyou very much for leaving the review, we really appreciate the feedback.

Were very sorry to hear that you had to work over the hours of your contract, and the issues you had in store. I would advise you to contact the People Team regarding the issues you said about as we'd like to get them sorted.

We wish you well in your career,

Savers
Rubbish company rubbish staff rubbish managment worst company I have and will ever work for would not recommend to anyone ever don't apply to this slave driven company
31 October 2018
Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sad to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us and if you have any issues you would like to raise regarding your time with us, please contact Savers people team.

Best of luck in the future.

Savers
Savers is a great company to work for, especially if you get behind the company’s vision and give it all you’ve got. Everyone is very helpful and supportive, from the very top all the way down through to store level. I’ve just completed two days induction training in head office, which was great fun and very informative. Everyone there was great and the M.D. saw the funny side when we accidentally stole his taxi!! Great atmosphere to be a part of.
Pros
Good team atmosphere. Great rewards for hard work.
Cons
Active selling lines can be a bit repetitive.
31 October 2018
Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback - we love hearing our employee's amazing stories.

Many thanks,

Savers
Savers neath is such a friendly and busy place to work. Everyone who works there has always got a smile on their face regardless if they are busy or not. Its never a dull moment, and a great environment to work in. Savers is very much part of the commumity and second family. It is a very busy shop and if your willing to put the hard work in, savers will look after you, with incentives, staff rewards and benefits, and even a lovely bonus at the end of the year. So if your interested in a new challenge i would definately recommend it. I have been with the company for 3 years now and have never looked back.
Pros
Friendly staff, staff rewards and benefits, development and progression, and yearly bonus, and everyone works together
Cons
At times it can be a bit warm when working in the hot weather working delivery.
27 June 2018
Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback!

We are so pleased you're enjoying your time with us and hope you have many more happy years in your career with us!

Thanks,

Savers
Great company to progress providing training and qualifications to staff to allow them to work their way up in the company. Friendly place to work and get to know customers well.
Pros
great staff benefits
Cons
good for a Saturday job as i earnt extra money there whilst completing extra studies elsewhere. busy place to work opportunites to progress if you wish to
16 March 2018
Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us - also that you recognize our internal succession programmes!

Many thanks,

Savers
I worked as an assistant manager at savers for one year, it was horrible. Alot of the time i had to work alone which is against the law and company policy but nothing was ever done about it. Huge deliverys had to be done alot of the time by one person which was a mammoth task and very unreasonable. Expected to work overtime and not get paid for it, and this happened every week. Always short staffed because they would not employ more because they wanted to keep costs down but this meant jobs could not get done because there was no staff to do them, but they still expected the jobs to be done. Constant nagging and pressure on savers active selling. Not a good company to work for in my opinion, they expect you to do a huge amount of work with hardly any staff, and on top of all that you dont ever get the chance to have your full hour lunch break, 15 minutes if your lucky.
Cons
Long hours, lack of staff, not paid overtime and no lunch breaks
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9