Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Not pleasent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 October 2018
Expected to work 60+ hours per week annd only get paid for 39, supposed to get days in place of this but never happens. Seems you have to be a drinker to fit in with management, favouritisum and bullying happen regulary. No back up from head office, unrealistic targets, unachieveable bonus scheme, i would not recommend savers as a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay
9 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou very much for leaving the review, we really appreciate the feedback.

Were very sorry to hear that you had to work over the hours of your contract, and the issues you had in store. I would advise you to contact the People Team regarding the issues you said about as we'd like to get them sorted.

We wish you well in your career,

Useless
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 July 2018
Rubbish company rubbish staff rubbish managment worst company I have and will ever work for would not recommend to anyone ever don't apply to this slave driven company
31 October 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sad to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us and if you have any issues you would like to raise regarding your time with us, please contact Savers people team.

Best of luck in the future.

Savers

Best place I’ve worked in retail.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tredegar, Blaenau Gwent27 June 2018
Savers is a great company to work for, especially if you get behind the company’s vision and give it all you’ve got. Everyone is very helpful and supportive, from the very top all the way down through to store level. I’ve just completed two days induction training in head office, which was great fun and very informative. Everyone there was great and the M.D. saw the funny side when we accidentally stole his taxi!! Great atmosphere to be a part of.
Pros
Good team atmosphere. Great rewards for hard work.
Cons
Active selling lines can be a bit repetitive.
31 October 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback - we love hearing our employee's amazing stories.

Many thanks,
Savers

Friendly and never a dull moment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot14 June 2018
Savers neath is such a friendly and busy place to work. Everyone who works there has always got a smile on their face regardless if they are busy or not. Its never a dull moment, and a great environment to work in. Savers is very much part of the commumity and second family. It is a very busy shop and if your willing to put the hard work in, savers will look after you, with incentives, staff rewards and benefits, and even a lovely bonus at the end of the year. So if your interested in a new challenge i would definately recommend it. I have been with the company for 3 years now and have never looked back.
Pros
Friendly staff, staff rewards and benefits, development and progression, and yearly bonus, and everyone works together
Cons
At times it can be a bit warm when working in the hot weather working delivery.
27 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback!

We are so pleased you're enjoying your time with us and hope you have many more happy years in your career with us!

Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire28 November 2017
I worked as an assistant manager at savers for one year, it was horrible. Alot of the time i had to work alone which is against the law and company policy but nothing was ever done about it. Huge deliverys had to be done alot of the time by one person which was a mammoth task and very unreasonable. Expected to work overtime and not get paid for it, and this happened every week. Always short staffed because they would not employ more because they wanted to keep costs down but this meant jobs could not get done because there was no staff to do them, but they still expected the jobs to be done. Constant nagging and pressure on savers active selling. Not a good company to work for in my opinion, they expect you to do a huge amount of work with hardly any staff, and on top of all that you dont ever get the chance to have your full hour lunch break, 15 minutes if your lucky.
Cons
Long hours, lack of staff, not paid overtime and no lunch breaks
not the best
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oswestry23 September 2017
deliveries were massive full of health and beauty and household items, would have to work extremely quickly and efficiently under hard conditions, is ok if your part of a good team
29 September 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback!

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the pace with us, because of the nature of our shops and products that come in it is always fast paced and busy!

We wish you the best of luck with your career.

Operations at Head Office a Joke
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire23 September 2017
Started with this company by being poached from another company only to be laid off due to the fact that the Head Office did not contact my previous employer for my reference.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Terrible Management & Practices
29 September 2017

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed the staff and the team you worked within, in regards to references please contact our People team so we can investigate and resolve the matter.

Savers Health & Beauty

Decent place to work and gain experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London13 September 2017
A typical day at work for me was opening and closing of the store managing a small team of 14-20 staff and with that came making sure the store was always tidy and safe for customer to shop and making is presentable to shop for next days trade

i learned a lot from working there they have workshops to send people on that want to learn new things

management are great

the general feel of the place is very fast paced environment

the hardest part of the job is trying to stop shoplifters as there is a lot of it going on

the most enjoyable part is when u have a good day of sales and u hit set targets and know that it was under my management
Pros
lots of advancement opportunities
Cons
lots of politics
22 September 2017

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

It is amazing to hear that you managed to learn so much and gain new skills.

We wish you the best of luck in your career and if you wish to rejoin us please visit www.savers.jobs

Many thanks,

Avoid! Awful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham19 July 2017
Worked here as an assistant manager and it's possibly the worst job I've ever had. You're salaried for a 39 hour a week contract but you work 10 hours a day minimum (45 hours less breaks). The work is hard, they treat you like a slave. Area manager is a nightmare. Very rude and selfish. No one I met there actually liked working for savers, they con every employee out of money one way or another. There are no redeeming points of working here
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rude managers, conned out of pay
Ok ish
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Savers2 July 2017
Ok not treated very well don't get paid for sick days management are rude no air con in shop it's awful in hot weather . Your lucky if you have a nice team to work with. Hard to book holidays as management get there's in 1st and book the best dates in year
Pros
Non
Cons
No sick pay
Avoid at all costs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  County Durham7 February 2017
Worst place I have personally ever worked for, basically used as a slave. Work 10 days (most of the time you are expected to stay back to finish jobs etc without pay) but you only got paid for 8hours even though 1 of those is for lunch which you NEVER got the full hour anyway, if even 10minutes and sometimes never got lunch until 3pm. Management disgusting, going home crying from a job shouldnt happen at all. Deliveries on a promotion day would be up to 24 cages, 2 people in on a delivery as well as other jobs to do, would be expected to stay until 8/9pm from being in at 8am to finish jobs without pay. Company really needs a reality check, I have no idea how so many people actually cope working there, I would advise you to stay away.
Pros
Chance of progression, friendly sales team
Cons
Management disgusting, salary, being used as a slave, barely any time off, no training, heavy work load
running of the store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Slough15 August 2016
Working for the company is very stressful at times and can make you feel over worked and pressured in a short space of time. The company has a lot of perks and great holiday benefits for management
Worst Company To Work For
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverhill8 June 2016
I have applied for a position of a Manager's Assistant. The position was not as described. On my second day I spent a whole day stocking up shelves and processing new stock or serving at the till which was clearly not in my job description.

Working minimum of 39 hours a week, I was agreed to be working 5 days out of 7 however the Store Manager informed me I will never ever have a Saturday off which meant no balance with my personal life and spending time with family.

Also, I was working from 9.00-6.00 and although I was allowed cigarette breaks whenever I wanted when I asked for a break the Store Manager looked at me like I had to heads and said 'What break? So you can't not eat all day like me?' I ended up not having a lunch break or time to sit down for even 15 minutes, which legally should be at least 60 minutes break time after working 6 hours.
Pros
Cigarette breaks
Cons
No lunch break, long hours of work, low salary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire14 May 2016
Let's see can I say anything good about savers.??????some of the staff I worked with was lovely.some not so much.a couple who was way to close to the manager hence why they got special treatment over others ie cig breaks.contracted to 39 hours but on average always worked at least 50 hours.no lunch breaks.your entitled but you won't ever get one.maybe a sandwich on the go if your lucky.if your kids are sick this particular manager don't do sick.shes made of stone so don't expect anyone else to get sick.you have to sell perfume and rubbish at the till when customers pay for there stuff and if you don't sell you potentialy can get fired.definate favouritism from management.if you get pregnant ooh that is a no no and even if your allowed breaks you still won't get one.your only pregnant by all accounts I think is what gets said.this sounds like a bitter review but it's not trust me.i loved my job when I started but when it came down to it when a company wants you to work 20 hrs for free a week especially at Christmas and January to move the shop about and you don't see your family because they tell you in the contract savers has to be your prioty unless your sick or on maternity yeah I don't think so.family comes first.the salary is rubbish and you don't get paid over time ever unless you are normal 16 hour staff.i feel sorry for everyone who thinks they are going in to the perfect job.they are very wrong.would I waist my time in applying for this job no would be the answer no no no the best thing I did was leave this place and got myself a better job instead
Pros
Cons
Long hours under paid
Good workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisburn, NIR2 November 2013
Savers in a fantastic place to work. The staff I work with our lovely and I get on well with everyone. The management of the store are brilliant also. The store manager,area manager and the managers of different,someone is always on hand to help you out. They have some really good benifits set in place to help save you money and get the most out of the company. The hardest part of my job would b the travelling. I have to do 35mile round trip a day to get to and from work. The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting the customers and getting to know the regulars that come and go all the time.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
travelling