Savers Health and Beauty

Savers Health and Beauty Work-Life Balance reviews

Loved it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ramsgate, Kent27 January 2020
I absolutely loved this job would recommend to anyone young and struggling with confidence problems. The work and people around you are absolute treasures
good staff
Supervisor / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 January 2020
work life balance is poor

whether you have an enjoyable experience at Savers depends on the people you work with in your store. Staff that you work with make your job better.
Not bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe10 January 2020
It was ok to start with but then it got worse as time went on.people who cant be bothed to work hard they get treated better then the hard working people.and the benefits you get told about when you have at the interview are only for the managers.
Great store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex6 January 2020
It a good place to start you career it Gives you till experience and improves on anyone of your social skill and every one the is lovely to work with.
Good start to employment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 December 2019
I worked part time at savers covering mostly morning shifts. The initial interview was a little informal which put me at ease. Although I didn't work for this company for long, the team I worked with seemed like very nice people and the job itself was not very stressful. I think this type of job is great to do as a part time role especially for students. You get to truly learn to appreciate how it is to work in customer service which can help with future employment opportunities.
Savers
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sutton, Greater London30 November 2019
I enjoyed the job and colleagues . Lots of regular customers which I liked to interact with. Working hours I didn't like, a lot of evenings and weekends.
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom18 November 2019
Decent salary for a small box retailer.
Upper management are pleasant.
Great products and prices.

Horrendous work life balance. The worst I've ever experienced.
Mainly caused by out of date processes. It's like being in 1999 not 2019!

In summary, if you love a challenge and hate being at home, this is the job for you.
Excellent company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent17 November 2019
Fast pace working environment.
Progression within the company
Competitive prices
Training and development
Company expansion
Discount and benefits
Sick pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton29 October 2019
Days here were good and bad, as it was a small shop I found myself doing the same thing over and over again like 4 times a day, I was stuck on one section for 2 months beofore being trained anywhere else.
Pros
Cons
Under paid
Very physically and demanding work, being organised was key to this role, making sure that the right people were in place to carry out duties
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Erith27 October 2019
On delivery days a 6am start finishing at 3pm with a 15 minute morning break and 45 minutes lunch 3 times a week.
The team that I worked during my time with savers we managed to in our weekly gross by 26% in the year and continued growing profits for 3 years more.
Boring
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow17 October 2019
very boring and slowpaced . did not give a break which we were promised and made to do work without any guidance or training .do not apply for work here.
Pros
boring
Cons
boring
Awesome place to work
HO colleague (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
It's a great place to work. No wonder Savers have been voted 4th best big company to work for. Really proud to be working for Savers and I feel that I am part of a family with great colleagues and customers.
Pros
flexibility, friendliness, great managers, openness, family feeling
Cons
struggle to find any
Fab place to work
People Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Love working at Savers, Happy Days :) Happy teams
Growing company with lots of opportunities to progress if that's what you are looking for. Fab company values
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
a great place to work with a newly refurbished head office. Development opportunities and support are available. Fast paced environment with good benefits
Pros
Fun, busy environment
Cons
Work life balance
Best place I've worked...
Talent Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
Out of all of the retailers I've worked for, Savers out does it by far. You can be yourself and, with some hard work, achieve a lot. The day flies by and everyday is fun. The people are what make Savers great.
Dynamic, friendly place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
From the top down, the company is a fast moving, flexible business where you can really make an impact.

Days fly by and the people go out of their way to support you.
Pros
Freedom to influence company decisions with easy access to the senior management
Cons
The hours can be long but you get out what you put in
A great team all pulling in the same direction
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
At Savers we work very hard and are rewarded for doing so. It's great to be part of a business where everyone is pulling in the same direction, lead by an approachable management team.
Work days are varied and there are opportunities to be scientific and creative in equal measure.
nice staff and friendly customers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheerness9 October 2019
Was there for three years not much has changed awful place to work, only good thing about it is the people who work their. Everything we done for the business was never good enough. We went out of our way to do things to make the business improve and be a better place for the wrokers and cmrs but still wasnt enough. On the other hand gave me the expereince of the real world working life
Pros
n/a
hard work-manager calls it'Slavers'
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 October 2019
Am behind the till for the duration of my shift-if I'm in for 4hrs-thats 4hrs on the till-no break-fill up shelves/perfumes behind till area/sweets & drinks-no breaks,but am aloud bottle of drink behind till-exhausting work& that doesn't include being in at 6a.m.for delivery twice aweek!
Savers sell good quality products at low prices,so no discount for staff-no perks that I'm aware of-as soon as you start shift,it's all systems go-takes months to get to know work colleagues on any level-behind the till is lonely &hard work!
Extremely hard
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom30 September 2019
Never had any problems with management, biggest issue is with division of labour. Very fast paced environment with lots of paperwork, weekly auditing, daily conference calls.

I understand payroll does not grow on trees, however the stores that are busy really need more staff on the tills at all hours of the day.

Nice people to work with, although the company I think has the wrong impression of the demands on it, it is very stressful.

Work / Life balance is not possible here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.