Savers Health and Beauty

Savers Health and Beauty Pay & Benefits reviews

Great company to work for on the whole
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Porthmadog, Gwynedd20 February 2020
A very fast pace and demanding role. Every day is different. Can get very tough at times.But very rewarding at the same time. Very supportive with great benefits e.g statutory bonus and conferences.
Our area manager is always there if needed at any time of the day and is always approachable.
I am proud to work for savers and being a brand ambassador for the company.
Sociable and flexible hours with a living wage.
Always support available if needed from all levels of management. Its like being a part of a massive family.
manager had favourites
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree17 February 2020
manager didn't treat others fairly and made me work when had shingles and didn't praise workers and everyone wanted to know your business and nothing was private
Disgusting treatment.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Anonymous9 February 2020
Where do I even start.

Being a Store Manager at savers is the most stressful, ridiculous management job you can get.

You are contracted to 39 hours but work 45-50 per week, if busy you can be working up to 60 hours to be told (its your choice to work those hours) even though, you're working hours at 7:45am-6:15pm 5 days a week.

Savers is a company that take a ladies voice over anyone else at all.

Someone I know had a lie told about them making comments to a friend and is now being disciplined for it considering there were 2 managers and a supervisor present in the conversation who are defending him and the company still feel fit to take a the opinion of a young girl over 5 defending managers.

The salary is NOT worth the work you are expected to do, you receive absolutely no support from head office and the company LOVES to find any management they possibly can and discipline them right before March to save money on giving out bonuses. I was there for two years and knew of 8 managers in just 2 years who had their bonuses taken off them for bogus claims.
Jus don’t do ot
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haringey, Greater London29 January 2020
terrible managers honestly so not understanding,rude,ignorant, expect you to do so much in such a fast paste and will never praise you for working well n’a hard!
such a shame they have lovely staff
Dont go near
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent22 January 2020
Very stressful. The amount of work expected of you is too much for the time set. The expectations are too high. The amount of stress and work expected to do is too much for the pay you get. Hours get cut on a weekly basis. There is no general benefits to working here. The staff are great.
Very target focused and stressful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Flintshire16 January 2020
Great team and immediate manager.
Very stressful (have to go on a call everyday to discuss sales targets )
Expect to much of staff at times
Salary staff expected to do extra hours all the time
Very strict customer service expectations can be frustrating
Not bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe10 January 2020
It was ok to start with but then it got worse as time went on.people who cant be bothed to work hard they get treated better then the hard working people.and the benefits you get told about when you have at the interview are only for the managers.
A well run ship and crew. I am still in contact with some colleagues today. It was a lovely company to work for.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford21 December 2019
I really enjoyed working at savers. We all pulled together.
There was a little bit of friendly competition to see who could sell the most products on offer. We raised money for charity events,Cancer Research and Red nose day etc. I was sad to leave. I needed more hours and they could not give me them.
boring,
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lanark18 November 2019
its was okay working in savers it was just way too repetitive for my liking, the staff in the one i worked in weren't nice at all, argumentative, and short tempered
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom18 November 2019
Decent salary for a small box retailer.
Upper management are pleasant.
Great products and prices.

Horrendous work life balance. The worst I've ever experienced.
Mainly caused by out of date processes. It's like being in 1999 not 2019!

In summary, if you love a challenge and hate being at home, this is the job for you.
Excellent company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent17 November 2019
Fast pace working environment.
Progression within the company
Competitive prices
Training and development
Company expansion
Discount and benefits
Sick pay
expect a lot for what they offer in return
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington, Durham25 October 2019
They expect a lot for what they offer in return. Minimum wage job but the pressure they put you under is far too much. Worked for better companies on better pay.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
a great place to work with a newly refurbished head office. Development opportunities and support are available. Fast paced environment with good benefits
Pros
Fun, busy environment
Cons
Work life balance
Challenging with strong dependence on team work
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Fast-paced environment, that requires (and encourages) working cross-functionally to achieve targets/performance levels.
Typical day is correcting stock related issues raised by store teams.
The culture is about working together to get the results. Involves compromises so the overall outcome is most favourable to the Busines' goals.
Fun and positive work place
Talent Aquisition (Current Employee) –  Dunstable Head Office9 October 2019
Working for Savers is like working for a big family, the Head office is extremely friendly and the vibe is very good. It is a very busy work place so the days go quick. Also the teams and benefits are good!
Pros
Good work environment
Fun and positive work place
Talent Aquisition (Current Employee) –  Dunstable Head Office9 October 2019
Pros
Good work environment
Senior staff a joke
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheshire15 September 2019
If you are thinking about joining this company don't ....run s mile .... I have 30 years management experience. This is a tick box company so All the HO teams do is look for the team doing things wrong then give out warnings .the staff are Never praised at all . If your team don't sell link deals they get warning. Staff hours are do low everyone gives thier own time to get the jobs done . On top of all of that if someone is s Bully with lots of complaints against them ...they promote the bully !!! Horrendous company ,terrible ethics

glad I left
18 September 2019

My Review on Savers
Retail Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Blyth9 September 2019
Savers is a company that is slowly growing bigger each year. The staff have lovely warm smiles on their faces but how much of it is true? You're forced to push perfumes and other products onto customers and if you dont sell enough you are firmly told about it. The stupidest thing about savers is the fact they record how much you sell and divide it by how long you spent on tills so staff who work 8 hour weeks and sell £20 worth of perfume per day are praised where as those who are on tills 30 hours a week and only sell £40 per day are ridiculed.

Store manager
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds27 August 2019
Savers is a great company to work for the pay and benefits are fantastic, it's hard work but over all a lovely company to work for and pay reflects this. The team at the bury st edmunds store are lovely friendly great hard working team always pulls together when needs to.

Hi!

We are so glad to hear you're enjoying working with us.

The team in your store are great, thank you for being a part of it!

Thanks,
Savers

Horrible company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colwyn Bay26 August 2019
No hours for staffing. No air con. Unrealistic targets. Upper management have no people skills and have favourites that they openly admit. No help when asked. Expected to run the store as a AM over the Christmas period with 3 sales assistants and no other management help. Shop got broke in to at 3am and I got called out by the alarm company. I was expected to wait at the store by myself after the police had checked it until it was dusted by the CSI. After which I was told by the area manager to clean up the glass myself and get the store open ASAP as to not lose money. Was given abuse that I didn't have the store open by 10:30 by the area manager. I was there from 3:10am until 8pm as I had to wait for a security guard for the store overnight and was openly told by the area manager that it is my job I have to do it. 17 hours is a ridiculous and illegal amount of time to be expected to work with no extra pay as I was salary or gratitude at all from any member of upper management. Company will happily fire you if you don't sell a certain amount of selected products at the till points and make a point of telling you that after you get a job with them. STAY CLEAR!!!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else. Stay away.

Thanks, Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.