Savers Health and Beauty

Savers Health and Beauty Management reviews

No flexibility
SAVERS SUPERVISOR P/T (Former Employee) –  Hednesford11 February 2020
No confidentiality
Staff dont care about targets
Clicky
Poor management
Dirty store
Unfair hours not distributed fairly between staff
Quiet
Boring
Very Early deliveries
Disgusting treatment.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Anonymous9 February 2020
Where do I even start.

Being a Store Manager at savers is the most stressful, ridiculous management job you can get.

You are contracted to 39 hours but work 45-50 per week, if busy you can be working up to 60 hours to be told (its your choice to work those hours) even though, you're working hours at 7:45am-6:15pm 5 days a week.

Savers is a company that take a ladies voice over anyone else at all.

Someone I know had a lie told about them making comments to a friend and is now being disciplined for it considering there were 2 managers and a supervisor present in the conversation who are defending him and the company still feel fit to take a the opinion of a young girl over 5 defending managers.

The salary is NOT worth the work you are expected to do, you receive absolutely no support from head office and the company LOVES to find any management they possibly can and discipline them right before March to save money on giving out bonuses. I was there for two years and knew of 8 managers in just 2 years who had their bonuses taken off them for bogus claims.
Jus don’t do ot
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haringey, Greater London29 January 2020
terrible managers honestly so not understanding,rude,ignorant, expect you to do so much in such a fast paste and will never praise you for working well n’a hard!
such a shame they have lovely staff
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire15 January 2020
Good company to work for, always something to do, good training opportunities, good for progression.
Good communication with high management. They provide good training for all positions of staff
Unhappy and stressful
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow13 January 2020
The management was not taking charge or helping to successfully run a store.
Staff members weren’t listened to and lied to, and the store never ran smoothly
Poor pay and no boundaries
Cons
Unpaid hours
poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corringham and Fobbing11 January 2020
It was terrible working there, the staff were very condescending towards me and didn’t understand that I needed my days changed due to personal reasons so instead of changing my days they basically forced me out. They had nothing good to say to me regarding how I was doing and whenever I would try to do my job how they told me too, I was apparently doing it wrong. One of the worst jobs ever.
Targets for everything
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wirral8 January 2020
Other staff and management at my store were great, but the whole business of having to sell extras at the checkout, which are the same items on a rotating basis, to every single customer is ridiculous. Also the store operates on a minimum staffing level so expected to juggle multiple jobs at once.
Nice calm job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Collier Row, Greater London16 December 2019
Lovely job for a first job, or for someone that wants work on the side.
Easily works around college or another job. Depending on which store you are located in management is lovely.
Be aware of this company
Retail Trainee (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire8 December 2019
The management at savers is absolutely disgraceful. The way the managers treat their staff is disgusting and they have no respect for their staff. They behave very nicely and ensure that the shop is clean and tidy when the head manager comes around otherwise they avoid all their responsibilities. Would not reccomend joining the savers in halifax at all due to the poor management.
managment team is poor
Becoming one of the top sales staff in the store (Current Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London6 December 2019
working on till is amazing, I like getting in contact with customers. This is main the reason I have survived the longest. I enjoy helping customers on the shop floor too. However, the hardest part is new management team, there is a luck of communication.
Cons
less hours, not a perment job
productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester6 December 2019
really enjoyed working at savers. i learnt alot and enjoyed working as part of the savers team. The management are friendly and easy to talk too. They helped with the training on the day.
Fine
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hatfield28 November 2019
My time at savers was, what can I say, hmm well I think it was okay some times. Can say it was poorly run a lot of the time but they are always hiring as everyone leaves. Is that 150 characters yet?
Ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire27 November 2019
Saver and Hereford do not listen to the disabled employee and thinks that they no more than that employee and don't listen to single mum employee the manager thinks he knows more than the disabled employee and don't provide rest of for disabled employee
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom18 November 2019
Decent salary for a small box retailer.
Upper management are pleasant.
Great products and prices.

Horrendous work life balance. The worst I've ever experienced.
Mainly caused by out of date processes. It's like being in 1999 not 2019!

In summary, if you love a challenge and hate being at home, this is the job for you.
Avoid- you have been warned
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 November 2019
One word for this company- AVOID!

Worked like a dog, treated like a dog and expected to wag your tail and get on with it. That’s this company from the top down.
If you want to see what it’s like get a job there and don’t say you haven’t been warned or do yourself a favour and get a job with a good, professional company.
Management is awful
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester22 October 2019
the manager is a complete bully and each month will have a new girl to bully
expected to work overtime with being not paid
manager speaks about you rudely to other staff infront of you
only good thing is the assistant manager is the loveliest lady and will fully support you and so will a few of the other girls
i hated it
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading15 October 2019
I hated working here it was horrible the staff are rude I would not recommend working here the hours are rubbish and the pay is even worse the best part of the job was home time
Pros
na
Cons
everything
Good
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear15 October 2019
Great management and friendly staff nice work environment great hours to fit around childcare busy shop so great to keep busy first shop work had a great experience
We had fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead14 October 2019
We had fun while working here, the management are caring, they help out when they can. They understand a lot, including mental health which is great. There wasn't much chance of progression while I was there, but I enjoyed going to work each day, even if it was just for 4 hours a day.
Awful
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester12 October 2019
Stay away from here. You’ll end up severely depressed. Manager bullies you all day everyday. No support. Staff are rude and awful about you. Steal from the till.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.