Savers Health and Beauty

Savers Health and Beauty Job Security & Advancement reviews

manager had favourites
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree17 February 2020
manager didn't treat others fairly and made me work when had shingles and didn't praise workers and everyone wanted to know your business and nothing was private
Area Manager is Awful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandbach12 February 2020
When I first started I loved savers and the company. I had great career prospects with them.

We then got a new area manager about 6 months into the store opening. He has no idea what he is doing, he is negative and rude. Completely ruined the job for most people and the entire team left one by one. Would no longer recommend. Unless you manage to be a favourite of the area manager,
Jus don’t do ot
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haringey, Greater London29 January 2020
terrible managers honestly so not understanding,rude,ignorant, expect you to do so much in such a fast paste and will never praise you for working well n’a hard!
such a shame they have lovely staff
Work.experience enjoyed it
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster18 January 2020
Did 2months work experience hoping to get a job at end but didn't was really upset as liked working there gave me a moral boost, A joy to work for though
poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corringham and Fobbing11 January 2020
It was terrible working there, the staff were very condescending towards me and didn’t understand that I needed my days changed due to personal reasons so instead of changing my days they basically forced me out. They had nothing good to say to me regarding how I was doing and whenever I would try to do my job how they told me too, I was apparently doing it wrong. One of the worst jobs ever.
Great store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex6 January 2020
It a good place to start you career it Gives you till experience and improves on anyone of your social skill and every one the is lovely to work with.
A well run ship and crew. I am still in contact with some colleagues today. It was a lovely company to work for.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford21 December 2019
I really enjoyed working at savers. We all pulled together.
There was a little bit of friendly competition to see who could sell the most products on offer. We raised money for charity events,Cancer Research and Red nose day etc. I was sad to leave. I needed more hours and they could not give me them.
It was fun working in retail
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire17 December 2019
The 2 weeks I spent I have learned a lot about customer service and how to clean shelves. Overall it was a great experience getting to know how to work in a retail shop.
Good start to employment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 December 2019
I worked part time at savers covering mostly morning shifts. The initial interview was a little informal which put me at ease. Although I didn't work for this company for long, the team I worked with seemed like very nice people and the job itself was not very stressful. I think this type of job is great to do as a part time role especially for students. You get to truly learn to appreciate how it is to work in customer service which can help with future employment opportunities.
Only lasted 3 weeks cos staff apart from 2 was rude an fake
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Ockendon4 December 2019
Joined this company as it was on doorstop was asked straight away to do other shifts even though had no training on till see was told I wouldn’t of been employed by manager had she interviewed me everyone slagging each other off from the start saying how lazy everyone was some staff rude to customers an to me was told I need to quicken up after 2 sessions which was a jokke just awful joke
Excellent company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent17 November 2019
Fast pace working environment.
Progression within the company
Competitive prices
Training and development
Company expansion
Discount and benefits
Sick pay
Competetive place to work
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire12 November 2019
A typical day was filling up shelves, helping customers locate items and serving customers on the tills as well as asking every customer if they would like to try or buy the product that was on promotion that week at savers. I learnt how to keep a shop looking neat and tidy and general customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was working a delivery shift as you had to get the stuff out on the shelves as fast as possible. Also another difficult part of the job was trying to sell the product that was on promotion. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my co-workers as they were great fun to be around and they understood how difficult the job could be sometimes.
This was work experience
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Gateshead7 November 2019
Work experience through the job centre which they where taking money off me (Job centre).
Overall I enjoyed working here, calm, got to know the job role more and more.
Only got offered an apprenticeship which at the time wasn't for me I needed a job with proper pay.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton29 October 2019
Days here were good and bad, as it was a small shop I found myself doing the same thing over and over again like 4 times a day, I was stuck on one section for 2 months beofore being trained anywhere else.
Pros
Cons
Under paid
Great company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London20 October 2019
I done my work experience at savers health and beauty, it was a great work experience for me as it gave me a view of what a real job would be like and would it would take to work in a shop like savers.
Fab place to work
People Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Love working at Savers, Happy Days :) Happy teams
Growing company with lots of opportunities to progress if that's what you are looking for. Fab company values
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
a great place to work with a newly refurbished head office. Development opportunities and support are available. Fast paced environment with good benefits
Pros
Fun, busy environment
Cons
Work life balance
Challenging with strong dependence on team work
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Fast-paced environment, that requires (and encourages) working cross-functionally to achieve targets/performance levels.
Typical day is correcting stock related issues raised by store teams.
The culture is about working together to get the results. Involves compromises so the overall outcome is most favourable to the Busines' goals.
Great opportunities and challenges
retail finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
I joined the team under a year ago and have been provided plenty of opportunities to advance in the role. From the moment I joined the whole team has been supportive and welcoming. There are plenty of chances to prove yourself and be given further responsibilities. The work is a welcome challenge and the management team are very knowledgeable and accessible. The team is well managed by both the direct managers and higher bosses.
Great opportunities and challenges
retail finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.