Savers Health and Beauty
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews in Manchester

Manchester7 reviews
Am behind the till for the duration of my shift-if I'm in for 4hrs-thats 4hrs on the till-no break-fill up shelves/perfumes behind till area/sweets & drinks-no breaks,but am aloud bottle of drink behind till-exhausting work& that doesn't include being in at 6a.m.for delivery twice aweek!
Savers sell good quality products at low prices,so no discount for staff-no perks that I'm aware of-as soon as you start shift,it's all systems go-takes months to get to know work colleagues on any level-behind the till is lonely &hard work!
3 March 2020

Thanks, Savers
I worked at this company for nearly a year as an apprentice, while I was there I had very little support from management I got attacked on shift numerous times by people who stole from the store, no police called and no incident report taken, I also collapsed a few times due to circumstances that are no longer an issue and once i woke up i got told to get up and do my job by the assistant manager at the time.
Pros
Colleagues were friendly, as was most of management
Cons
Lots of hours for little pay, assistant manager wasn't suitable for the role
13 August 2020

Thanks, Savers
If my worst enemy needed a job, I still won’t recommend this company. The face of the company is ok, at its highest level but once your on the ground, wow it’s horrid, dog eat dog with no support and your don’t get much time to even talk to your pier group.
The idea of being a discounted store is one thing but this place is on another level. No staff, very high turn over of people. No security but massive theft problem, no staff as you are other one on one. I was a store manager and my experience is high but this place is no place for anyone to make a living or provide for a family.

The Area managers are absolutely gut wrenching poor at their jobs with a constant pressure for your to lower your already strapped wages, the sales are pushy and often made to lie to customers about their special offers which are anything but special.

Please for your sake please don’t work here
Pros
Some good people there
Cons
Not enough staff, not enough pay, not good leadership, no support network at all. Constant pressure to reduce costs, increase sales and deliver on targets. Nothing is good enough
24 July 2020
Hi There,

We are very sorry to read through the review that you have left us, the issues you have raised is something we take very seriously so please can you get in contact with our People Team so we can investigate further.

We wish the best of luck in your future and hope hear from you soon

Thanks,

Savers
work life balance is poor

whether you have an enjoyable experience at Savers depends on the people you work with in your store. Staff that you work with make your job better.
19 March 2020

Thanks, Savers
A typical day here was just awful, every night before a shift I would dread what the next day would bring. I started here enthusiastic about having a new job in a different field, I left feeling drained , relieved and like I had finally got myself back. The management in this company is so unprofessional, I felt degraded and worthless most days here. Multiple times I was on shift and would be spoken to like I was a child, like I was there to fill in gaps whilst, shifts would consist of being stood on my feet all day 8 hours, being told to make myself busy but also have eyes in the back of my head for the shoplifters.

The shoplifters that would come in verbally and physically assaulting members of staff. The promotional side of this role was DEGRADING, forcing SAS down people's throats. Leaflet handing out to the public and being told to go back out if you returned with more than 5 leaflets. Being asked constantly why you didn't ask that person or this person if they wanted the same perfume/razors/suncream etc that was on offer. The store manager left me in tears multiple times, from being told that the reason I called in sick wasn't acceptable or the fact I could've come in and minor colds need to be brushed off/ because other people have it worse...the only reason I didn't come in was the fact I would be passing on germs on to not only staff, customers too as any other normal human being would think. I have never felt as low as I have in this job. Numerous times i booked holidays off and was never given them, I have missed funerals, Birthdays the list is endless.

The
 - more...
Pros
non
Cons
terrible management
17 September 2019

Thanks, Savers
Been working for Savers for 18 months and within this time got my own store. Lucky to have a great area manager and get rewarded for all the hard work done. As in life if you work hard you reap the rewards !
Pros
Job security, work life balance even at Christmas !
Cons
Can be long hrs
4 March 2019
Hi,

Thankyou for the review!

It's great to see that your hard work in the past 18 months have paid off and you've got your own store. Congratulations!

Best of luck and contact the People Team if you need anything!

Savers
I was an employee at Savers for just over a year. In that time I turned to store around from losing money into a profitable store. But as soon as that had the area manager turns on you and constantly hounds you because your on a high salary and it doesn't look good for her bonus. Basically never work for this company if you want to enjoy your days off and have a life outside of work not worrying about what your coming into. They pay peanuts average start is 16k for a store manager and if you go in on the top 21k you won't be there for long as your salary is way to high. Area 405 is the worst. No support, no training, bullied until you can not take anymore mentally and physically. Store wage budgets slashed continuously. Store staff are not looked after 4 hour contracts standard no breaks and holidays if you try and take them your blackmailed into feeling guilty you have booked time off. Don't work for this company the dole is better.
Pros
None honestly nothing.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, blackmail, bullying, no training, loss of holidays, no over time, I could go on and on.
21 August 2017
Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback - if you would like to discuss this further then please contact the people team in head office.

We are always trying to improve as a business which is why we have jumped forward to the 10th Best Big Companies by the Sunday times. We do not pay 16k for Store Manager roles our salary bandings do not start that low for Assistant Store Managers - we wouldn't want you to be misinformed.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact - Thanks Savers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Savers Health and Beauty?