Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews in London

not fun
supervisor (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2018
it is a ok company to work for
not a great job or pay
not reliable
not kind
needs some more training for most management
some stores need to close down asap
9 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for taking us the time to leave this review. We are sorry that your time with us wasnt what you expected. If you'd like to raise any issues then do not hesitate to contact Savers People Team

Best of luck in your career.

Savers

Good benefits but some cons
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2018
Its a good jobs for students, quite simple responsibilities and the pay is quite good. You also get quite a few benefits like discounts too. However you were unable to choose your shift times (this is what I experienced within the 4 months I worked there) which meant I was closing up every Sunday and getting the undesireable hours on the weekend.
Pros
Good pay and discounts
Cons
Lack of shift choice and bias management
2 November 2018

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so happy to hear you had an enjoyed your time with us! We're sorry that the store wasn't too flexible with the shift times, if you'd like to discuss this further please contact the People Team.

Many Thanks,

Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2018
Everyday is enjoyable and there are new tasks to carry out.
Great company benefits. Perfect job for students and people who are looking for part-time employment.
31 October 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this great review!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Fun work place
Cashier/Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 June 2018
All staff are welcoming with an equal mind-set. They are also very motivating and help you if in need. For instance one of the days I was working and I was very busy as a customer approached me so my colleague stepped in and helped the customer instead.
27 September 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback!

Productive environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2018
If your someone who likes to be kept busy this is the place you want to be in, you're never waiting on customers from the moment the doors open till they close there is a constant flow of customers, you are constantly working, time goes quick and its a productive shift......
22 May 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your career with us.

We would like to wish you every success with Savers!.

Savers.

SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2017
Was given responsibility to take stock from stock room and place them on shop floor 'face up'. Helped customers find products. Worked behind tills briefly and had responsibility to persuade customers into buying new perfume at shop door.
Pros
Very practical
26 January 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your career!

Thanks,

Savers

Decent place to work and gain experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London13 September 2017
A typical day at work for me was opening and closing of the store managing a small team of 14-20 staff and with that came making sure the store was always tidy and safe for customer to shop and making is presentable to shop for next days trade

i learned a lot from working there they have workshops to send people on that want to learn new things

management are great

the general feel of the place is very fast paced environment

the hardest part of the job is trying to stop shoplifters as there is a lot of it going on

the most enjoyable part is when u have a good day of sales and u hit set targets and know that it was under my management
Pros
lots of advancement opportunities
Cons
lots of politics
22 September 2017

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

It is amazing to hear that you managed to learn so much and gain new skills.

We wish you the best of luck in your career and if you wish to rejoin us please visit www.savers.jobs

Savers Health & Beauty

Decent enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 February 2017
worked here for 9 months staff were nice, management not so much.
the two assistant mangers ere actually really nice but it as the main manager of which i wasn't so fond of.
Cons
bad hours, no discounts, not sanitary.
1 September 2017

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. If you would like to discuss it further please email saverscustomerrelations@uk.aswatson.com and they will be able to help.

In regards to discounts - we are unable to offer discounts in our Savers stores as the prices are already discounted. However we offer the Superdrug discount card to all members of staff which gets you up to 30% off own brand and 10% off branded products.

We hope to hear from you soon to resolve any issues.

Thanks,

Savers

long hours and emotionally draining
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2016
training in this job was never fully given, our manager gave us work sheets of answers that we had to quickly copy when the area manager was about to visit,the assistant manager was hardly in and when she was didn't do much staff were left on the floor sometimes not knowing their job but was just asked to 'face up'. Savers pretend to be 'family' orientated but when some staff had to have time off for childs sickness they were made to feel isolated from the team....worse job I ever had!
Pros
End of my shift
Sales Assistant Apprentice (Current Employee) –  London12 August 2016
A typical day as an Apprentice. Tills everyday once every two months shop floor maybe.

What I learnt. Till relevant conversations with customers other than that fill a fridge with drinks and tidy till area, delivery, manual handling, stock take, active selling.

Co-workers. Great enthusiasm got along really well and despite lack of staff everyone got tasks completed.

Hardest part of the job. staying on the till constantly non-stop 39 hours a week with minimum to rarely any rotation.

Most enjoyable part of the job. Bonding with new co-workers very easily considering it is my first job.
Pros
Enthusiastic colleagues
Cons
Long hours, Poor pay
Fun, productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG8 April 2015
A typical day at Savers was good. Hard-working environment. There was always something to be doing. I learned that, you can always ask for help from co-workers, no matter what it is. Managers and Assistant managers were fun to work with. You can always ask questions, even if the question is stupid. You can always ask for help. When going through the probation period, the management team always do what they can to help employees improve themselves. Co-workers were amazing, they helped with everything.Very polite and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the store was tidy and presentable.
Pros
Free testers of perfume
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Atmosphere
Savers Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG24 November 2014
I loved meeting new people everyday and dealing with everyday situations, such as talking to customers and dealing with the inquiries.
Good and Reliable Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Acton7 May 2014
Every day new challenge , you can't expect to do one same task twice a week, it is always new tasks and that keeps the job very interesting. I have learnt a lot things that I am proud of it. My co-workers was fantastic and reliable. My hardest part of the job is when the shop is about to close because sometimes you have to go back more than 5 times to tell a customer that the shop is about to close and they don't really care and they take their time. I enjoyed every part of a job and I enjoyed working with savers.
Pros
Good co-workers
Rubbish
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 July 2012
Typical day in Savers is usually putting stock out on the shelves, making the store look presentable and serving customers at the till and at the end of the day you clean up the shop.

What I learned is basic retail assistant skills which will soon benefit me when I finally start work.

I made good friends in Savers, people are friendly enough.

Hardest part of the job had to be going in to work every morning and knowing you're in a dead end job with poor salary. We were asked to do a lot more than what was in the job description.

Most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with.

Overall working at Savers is probably ideal for a student looking for their first job, but if you're looking for a job that doesn't pay below minimum wage, then look elsewhere.
Pros
co workers
Cons
salary, hours