Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews in Dunstable

Awesome place to work
HO colleague (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
It's a great place to work. No wonder Savers have been voted 4th best big company to work for. Really proud to be working for Savers and I feel that I am part of a family with great colleagues and customers.
Pros
flexibility, friendliness, great managers, openness, family feeling
Cons
struggle to find any
Great fun place to work
People coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Fun and fast placed work where you're constantly learning and support is readily available; great colleagues who are a great support and always available to help.
Fab place to work
People Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Love working at Savers, Happy Days :) Happy teams
Growing company with lots of opportunities to progress if that's what you are looking for. Fab company values
Perfect Balance
eCommerce Director (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Savers is a rare beast - particularly in amongst UK retailers. In times when the UK economy has never been tougher for retail, Savers manages to combine stellar results, an collaborative and effective internal culture and with ambitious and fast paced growth strategy - both offline and online. Their Times Top Employer awards comes well deserved and forms the platform for their certain future achievements in business performance, people culture and customer recognition on the UK high street.
Fast paced, but fun place to work.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Every day is different! Fast-paced environment but always plenty of support and encouragement from colleagues and management and great opportunities for progression.
Fast paced, but fun place to work.
Licensing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Fast paced and Friendly
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
always something new to do and keeps you busy ! fun and friendly teams, I have worked here for going on 10 years now and I'm still learning every day,
Pros
great people
Challenging with strong dependence on team work
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
Fast-paced environment, that requires (and encourages) working cross-functionally to achieve targets/performance levels.
Typical day is correcting stock related issues raised by store teams.
The culture is about working together to get the results. Involves compromises so the overall outcome is most favourable to the Busines' goals.
Best place I've worked...
Talent Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
Out of all of the retailers I've worked for, Savers out does it by far. You can be yourself and, with some hard work, achieve a lot. The day flies by and everyday is fun. The people are what make Savers great.
Fun and positive work place
Talent Aquisition (Current Employee) –  Dunstable Head Office9 October 2019
Working for Savers is like working for a big family, the Head office is extremely friendly and the vibe is very good. It is a very busy work place so the days go quick. Also the teams and benefits are good!
Pros
Good work environment
Fun and positive work place
Talent Aquisition (Current Employee) –  Dunstable Head Office9 October 2019
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Dynamic, friendly place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
From the top down, the company is a fast moving, flexible business where you can really make an impact.

Days fly by and the people go out of their way to support you.
Pros
Freedom to influence company decisions with easy access to the senior management
Cons
The hours can be long but you get out what you put in
Great opportunities and challenges
retail finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
I joined the team under a year ago and have been provided plenty of opportunities to advance in the role. From the moment I joined the whole team has been supportive and welcoming. There are plenty of chances to prove yourself and be given further responsibilities. The work is a welcome challenge and the management team are very knowledgeable and accessible. The team is well managed by both the direct managers and higher bosses.
Great opportunities and challenges
retail finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
A great team all pulling in the same direction
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire9 October 2019
At Savers we work very hard and are rewarded for doing so. It's great to be part of a business where everyone is pulling in the same direction, lead by an approachable management team.
Work days are varied and there are opportunities to be scientific and creative in equal measure.
Great family atmosphere
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunstable9 October 2019
I've been working for Savers for about 2 and a half years. All the team are very friendly and easy to work with. Decisions are made really quickly from a good approachable management team. Would recommend!
Regressive work culture
Executive (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire17 April 2019
The interview and the process are alluring with talks of good compensation package and benefits. The management portrays an image of progressive work culture, and promises career progression which is not true. They expect people to perform from day 1 without providing any/minimal support. Training is one day work with a stack of papers for guidance. Also they strictly believe in the policy of boss is always right.

If you want good salary and benefits, please join the organization. But if you are looking for career development and progression, please look for other options.
Pros
Good salary & benefits, discounts
Cons
Unethical work culture, no scope for development
Productive and enjoyable
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire3 December 2018
A good company to work for who provide their staff with opportunity to progress and encourage development within the business which is motivating for employees.
7 December 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving your review.

We love hearing that you are getting the opportunities to progress and develop within our company and that you feel motivated!

Savers

Warm friendly and happy teams
People Advisor (Current Employee) –  Head Office Dunstable30 November 2018
Love working for Savers, helpful and friendly colleagues there is always someone that can help you and generally with a smile on their face, top team completely approachable. Exciting growing business where I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Excellent canteen, on site facilities and discoutns
7 December 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

its to great to hear how much you love working with us and that all are happy to help with smiles! It's amazing that you are learning new things every day is amazing!

Thanks again,

Savers

Excellent company to work work with a great retail ethos
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire23 November 2018
Savers is a company who has not yet lost its 'small family' feel, which is something not many businesses out there have managed to hold on to.

The team in the head office is a small one, however we all support and learn from each other, which is a perk, as you always gain new skills as well as develop your current ones!

The worplace environment is not very hierarchal and everyone is approachable, courteous, with an overall feeling of positiveness.

My role, as any other role, can be challenging at times, but this is what keeps me focused and interested and I always have something to learn from my interaction with customers and external contacts.

I enjoy acting as the first point of contact between Savers and the customer and I always strive to ensure that the service I deliver is fully tailored and of a high standard. Nothing makes me more satisfied than receiving compliments for our store teams or a small note / card from a satisfied customer, thanking us for resolving their issue.
Pros
Open & collaborative working environment
Cons
Stepping up the career ladder can be difficult
29 November 2018

Hi there,
Thankyou for leaving us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that your career with us is going well, and that working as a team in head office has helped you develop and gain new skills!

At Savers we pride ourselves on having a team orientated atmosphere and its great that you agree!

Thanks again,