Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews in Bishop Auckland

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham11 August 2018
I joined savers in July 2017 and after the initial 2 week induction started my role as an Assistant Manager in the Bishop Auckland store. In the year that I have been there I have learned a lot about both the company and my personal strengths.
The role is varied and no 2 days are the same, it can also be hard work more often than not, but extremely rewarding. The company as a whole is fantastic to work for, there is great support from head office, area managers and surrounding stores.
There is plenty of opportunity for progression as I myself have progressed to Store Manager recently, the company also offer different courses for progression which are extremely helpful in gaining extra knowledge and support for your role.
Savers also offer an amazing bonus scheme to all store management, which is very rewarding and very achievable and defiantly worth the hard work that goes in to achieving it.
If you are hard working, lead from the front and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment then Savers is defiantly for you
Pros
Salary, Career Progression, fantastic benefits
Official response from Savers Health and Beauty
2 November 2018

Hi There,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave this review.

We are so happy that you have had an amazing experience with Savers and that your hard work has progressed you to a Store Manager, Well done! At Savers we love to help develop our teams and it's great to hear that you've had good support from head office, area managers and other stores!

Many Thanks,

Savers

If you are serious about Retail this is the job for you!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland24 May 2018
Having worked in Retail over 30 years I joined Savers in October 2017 and after two weeks induction started by role as Store Manager in Bishop Auckland. Having been in the role since then I wanted to add my views to the number of reviews on here.
The pace is relentless and the number of staff hours available to use are minimal but this is what retail is all about! Yes, the company expect a lot from you and if you're afraid of hard work then the job is not for you! Like every job you get out only what you are prepared to put in? The job is very rewarding and you get plenty of support from everyone in volved with the company from the top down. No two days are ever the same and you go home exhausted every night but that is because you have given everything and you can go home feeling proud!
Pros
Ranked number 7 in the Times Best List of Retailers to work for!
Official response from Savers Health and Beauty
6 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great and honest feedback!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your time with us and that you would recommend us to others.

We hope you have many more great years with us!

Thanks,
Savers

Avoid! Awful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham19 July 2017
Worked here as an assistant manager and it's possibly the worst job I've ever had. You're salaried for a 39 hour a week contract but you work 10 hours a day minimum (45 hours less breaks). The work is hard, they treat you like a slave. Area manager is a nightmare. Very rude and selfish. No one I met there actually liked working for savers, they con every employee out of money one way or another. There are no redeeming points of working here
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rude managers, conned out of pay
would never recommend this company
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland25 July 2016
was not told at interview i would have to work 10 hours shifts and only be paid for 8. trying to force customers to buy products they clearly are not interested in. listening to area manager ridicule stores on conference calls and actually putting collegues to the brink of tears making feel worthless when they work their butts off day after day severely understaffed
Pros
staff
Cons
unpaid hours. company policies

Want to know more about Savers Health and Beauty?

Ask a question