Savers Health and Beauty
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Savers Health and Beauty:

Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Birmingham16 reviews
tedius at time but very productive in the mornings
In the mornings your taking out products from the storage room and getting ready to stock shelves. as well as stick security tags on expensive items. I learned how to specifically stock shelves to make them presentable to customers. Stocking different items each day makes it easier to remember to find items that customers are looking for. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new customers and colleagues that work with you. As everyone has their own little stories or circumstance why they need to buy these products. These customers where multi-cultured as well as the staff which made meeting them more interesting and enjoyable to learn about their different lifestyle
Pros
friendly, helpful co workers
17 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!

We wish you all the luck in the future,

Terrible
You are expected to work for free especially management and the worse thing is you don't even get appreciated for it. There is literally no hours, you have a little amount to play with with loads of jobs to do. The deliveries are always messed up and the company don't care or do anything about it
19 March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers
Hard work long hours negitive place to work
Long hours expected from u for no extra pay or time back ..
Negative Area manager nothing ever good enough ..

Staff had no training and had no idea what was expected from them ..

No motivation from up above higher management

Low self esteem in store ..
17 September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers
Useless
Rubbish company rubbish staff rubbish managment worst company I have and will ever work for would not recommend to anyone ever don't apply to this slave driven company
31 October 2018
Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sad to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us and if you have any issues you would like to raise regarding your time with us, please contact Savers people team.

Best of luck in the future.

Fantastic company!
I've been a store manager in other companies and I must say, after just 5 months with savers, I can open heartedly say, they really do care about their colleagues.

3 weeks training in management and constant support from my area manager who is easily the best AM I have ever had the pleasure to work for.

The support network is absolutely second to none, need any help? Just call People services and the company do everything they can to support you and your store.

The rewards with savers are incredible, no other company openly pays for holidays, events, parties and holds competitions to win 2 weeks laid holidays across the world. Massive discounts everywhere, tons of perks and a brilliant head office team make this a place to stay.

Trust me, ignore the negative comments here, if you need help whilst working, just ask any member of manager or head office and you'll see why they're the number 1 best company to work for.

Even with huge problems with deliveries or staff, the area managers and head office team work tirelessly to support, aid and help you and your team overcome any obstacles.

If you're considering applying, do it. You won't regret it!
Pros
Fantastic support, excellent communication, good breaks, salary is very good, no micro management.
Cons
Very long hours but if you don't mind hard work it's not a problem.
31 October 2018
Hi There,

Thank you so much for leaving us this amazing feedback! We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

Many thanks,

A good place to work
I enjoyed this work in Cotteridge. The people who I worked with were friendly, management were good and I enjoyed serving the customers and carrying out work experience here. I would recommend applying for a job here.
Pros
good management and colleagues
Cons
none!
it is a good place to work as a employee
While I'm working here I have learned so much things such as like talking to different people even I see new people every day, I have also developed my confident when i see lots of people in the queue and also i can talk to the customers about the products when customer asks any information about the products. All the management people are really friendly with other members of staff as well as with customers. Working with other co-workers its very enjoyable because they all very friendly and help each other when need a help. I didn't find any hard in the job but few weeks after I have joint at the work i was really nervous and was really scared but now I'm very confident about my jobs. I really enjoy tidying up the aisles and selling different fragrances every weeks.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
sometimes i get long hours to work
not a nice place to work
I havent worked at savers long but the enviroment is unsafe and staff are vile, i was only contracted 16 hours as i asked but there put me in for over 40 without my consent, long working hours and hardly any breaks.
Cons
long hours, terrible working enviroment
friendly
the people were great to work with and it an excellent place to go
your really busy of a day time but coming to the end of the day it goes quiet
productive anf experienced
i thought i found working at savers productive and an experinece i would never forget. i learned alot while working thier which would help me now and going forward. iv learnt skills thier that would help me when i get a job in retail.
Iv enjoyed working with the staff and found it easy to communicate with them while working thier

my hardest past of the job was carrying numerous boxes of products from the shop floor to the ware house upstairs.
Friendly work place
stores get busy quickly but work gets done and management were fantastic. Wage is minimum but lots of over time was available.
Pros
Customers and friendly staff
Cons
min wage
fun workplace
getting along with everyone establishing a successful working relationship with co-workers.
Pros
maintaing positive relationship with co-workers
Cons
less hours
Great people, unsatisfactory working conditions
I am an asthma sufferer and used to clean out the false drawers underneath the shelves, which were thick with dust.
This is the job for which I earned a Customer Service certificate. I feel I learned a great deal as I did not have any retail, sales or customer service skills prior to working here. My confidence also rose due to dealing face to face with customers.
Gained customer service skills
Bad pay and long hours, only just NMW. I wouldnt consider NMW again for 40hours/week.
Pros
Half hour break
Cons
Long hours only £100.00 pay weekly got me no where.
Lacks job satisfaction
My day involves making sure all the shelves are fully stocked and that all the products are in the right place. I would spend most of the day serving customers and up selling the promotional products on offer for that week. I have learned how to sell to customers and how to manage stock flow. My colleagues are friendly and we all work well together as a team because of this.

The only negative about my employment at savers are the hours, the hours are too short and do not reflect the cost of living in today's society. This job is suited for school leavers which still live at home and not for those who own or rent their own homes.
Pros
friendly place to work
Cons
short hours
Fun place to work at
The most enjoyable part is when customers come in and after you serve them they appreciate your service. Learned more about customer service and the management team is helpful and makes sure that you understand what you are doing and they are helpful.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9