Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Good company
Apprentice/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham13 January 2019
I worked at Savers for two years and completed an apprenticeship here. Overall a good company to work for and a great starter job for school-leavers. Much better than some companies!
4 February 2019

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so glad you enjoyed your apprenticeship with us and it helped kick start your career!

I love my job
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Enfield Highway11 February 2019
I've worked for my store since June 2018 it's the best thing I ever did. We are like s family giving the best of the best customer sevices. I know if I had a problem I can go to any manager and they will take the time to sit and talk to.me and slove it the best way they can team heartord road our area manager is amazing never had s problem and not s bad word to say so if your looking for a job that welcomes u and will make u feel part of a team apply today the company love meeting new people
Pros
Good pay great team
Cons
Pay rise plesee lol
modern slavery
Store Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  south west4 February 2019
company old fashioned, penny pinching you will be treated like a dog but at least a dog gets a drink and a walk you will just be taken for a ride with aswatson.awful company to work for.
Pros
guaranteed hours as they cannot recruit as so awful
Cons
your contract
High stress environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon6 February 2019
Savers has a very high speed policy to provide support to all customers as quickly as possible, this gives the store much traffic and can be both a blessing and a curse.
Pros
Low prices, cheap lunch.
Cons
Very stress filled work days.
Don’t work for Savers !
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Will Not Disclose5 February 2019
Don’t work for savers !

It could be the worst decision you’ll ever make !

Was employed at 16 (paid minimum wage) sold over £200 on sales at tills everyday and worked hard to do so. All I got in return was a bag of 99p sweets !

As soon as I turned 18 they dumped me (because they didn’t want to pay me the higher wage)

Since then the store hires and fires youngesters to avoid paying proper wages and uses cheap labour.

Managers were pocketing items for their own well-being and writing them of as damages.
Saver
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford7 February 2019
Generally just an okay average company, was abit boring working there - staff were nice enough, will be on your feet alot and bending down alot so may get abit back pain but overall fine
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 December 2018
it was good, however we had to make sure that the shop floor is clean and tidy, customers are being seen and spoken to. everything was looked after and clean.
Pros
free lunch
4 January 2019

Hi there,

Thankyou for your review! It's great that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customers always came first!

Best of luck in your career

Savers

Excellent company to work work with a great retail ethos
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire23 November 2018
Savers is a company who has not yet lost its 'small family' feel, which is something not many businesses out there have managed to hold on to.

The team in the head office is a small one, however we all support and learn from each other, which is a perk, as you always gain new skills as well as develop your current ones!

The worplace environment is not very hierarchal and everyone is approachable, courteous, with an overall feeling of positiveness.

My role, as any other role, can be challenging at times, but this is what keeps me focused and interested and I always have something to learn from my interaction with customers and external contacts.

I enjoy acting as the first point of contact between Savers and the customer and I always strive to ensure that the service I deliver is fully tailored and of a high standard. Nothing makes me more satisfied than receiving compliments for our store teams or a small note / card from a satisfied customer, thanking us for resolving their issue.
Pros
Open & collaborative working environment
Cons
Stepping up the career ladder can be difficult
29 November 2018

Hi there,
Thankyou for leaving us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that your career with us is going well, and that working as a team in head office has helped you develop and gain new skills!

At Savers we pride ourselves on having a team orientated atmosphere and its great that you agree!

Great Place to Work!
People Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Field Based30 November 2018
Working in the field provides alot of flexibility with visiting stores and working from home. Savers has a family culture ethos where everyone is working towards the same goal and will support each other to achieve this.

I love the freedom I have to be able to do my job with the support on hand from my Manager when needed and being able to make a difference.
Pros
Flexibility, Working Hours, Career Progression and Development

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us this review!

It's so great to hear you enjoy the Savers ethos and that youre supported by everyone to achieve goals together!

Hearing that you are able to make a positive impact and a difference in Savers is a great skill to have!

Savers

Not a nice place to work!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands16 December 2018
What a horrible place to work mangerment had attitude never trained me just dumped on the till and expected me to learn myself when you rang the bell for help there face was like thunder and never even had a toilet on site I would not recommend working for this company there was no team work and there was atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Bad team work and attitude from mangerment and badly organised.
4 January 2019

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!
It's such a shame that you didn't have a good experience in our store, I would recommend contacting the People Team regarding any issues you'd like to raise with them.

Many Thanks and best of luck in your career search.

Productive and enjoyable
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire3 December 2018
A good company to work for who provide their staff with opportunity to progress and encourage development within the business which is motivating for employees.

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving your review.

We love hearing that you are getting the opportunities to progress and develop within our company and that you feel motivated!

Savers

Love being part of a fab team and a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex18 January 2019
I have worked for Savers for 13 years, started off as a sales assistant and worked my way up the ladder as there is always great prospects for promotion if you work hard and want the role.
I feel the company is growing from strength to strength they really have a family feel about them and this is the feeling across the team
I like the fact that we are a discount retailer but have that extra factor great customer service.Yes I work hard but in retail you have to be focused and productive. Ive never had any issues with the higher management as good relationship are just the norm.
Love being part of the Savers Family
Pros
Fun place to work family feel
Great Place to Work
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands7 December 2018
A brilliant Company to work for . I have been with the business for almost 10 years and I really enjoy it.
It is hard work but the Rewards are huge if you are prepared to put in the effort and commitment .
The business has a real family feel and it is so great to be a part of it .
Pros
rewards and benefits
Cons
Hours can be long
20 December 2018

Thanks for the review!

It's great to read how long you've been with us and that you love being part of the savers family!

Many thanks,

Savers

Warm friendly and happy teams
People Advisor (Current Employee) –  Head Office Dunstable30 November 2018
Love working for Savers, helpful and friendly colleagues there is always someone that can help you and generally with a smile on their face, top team completely approachable. Exciting growing business where I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Excellent canteen, on site facilities and discoutns

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

its to great to hear how much you love working with us and that all are happy to help with smiles! It's amazing that you are learning new things every day is amazing!

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex23 November 2018
Since starting at savers I have never felt more welcomed into the work family. They all look out for me and always find ways to make me feel comfortable. It is an enjoyable job and an amazing place to be. Working with my collegeues makes me lose track of time and that’s what makes the job so enjoyable, the savers team
29 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for your feedback!

We are so pleased that your time with us so far has been an enjoyable one! It is so great to hear that you work as a team and that you're now part of the Savers Family in store!

If you need anything please contact the People Team,

Don’t work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands27 November 2018
Demoted from store manager to assistant mgr got told via salesfloor Team member lack of honesty and communication is awful tried making contact whilst on sick
Cons
No communication
4 December 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review

If you would like to get in touch with the People Team to discuss the issues you faced instore please do not hesistate.

Best of luck in your career.

Thanks

Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport20 November 2018
Ive worked for savers for a few years now and i would like to say it is the best job ive ever done. The pay and hours are great and there worked around my children school hours. The manager is a really nice down to earth man who is there to help you with any worries or question you mite have. As for the team they are great to work with. As we all look at each other as a savers family then co-workers. As soon as you walk through the door you will be welcome. The job as a whole is great you learn new things every day whether its on the tills or shop floor ive been there awhile and im still learn new thing. So come join are savers family.
Pros
Superdrugs discount and good pay
23 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review with us.

We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Savers. We really are a family here and it's great that the team in store are supporting you! if you ever need anything please contact the People Team ,

Thanks!

Poor place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom30 November 2018
Poor management poor head office

Will put it in short terms do not work here

If you suffer a mental breakdown due to work you will face, disciplinary even if you have a sick note they will still take you in for an investigation they have no care for the health of there staff at all you can give your all and it will still not be good enough you won't be able to contest the decision made against you due to the fact you never get copy of the paper work.
Spoken to like dirty all the time by area mangers 0 team spirt always back stabbing going off even from top dogs like the regionals poor wages for the 70 hrs you have to as you can't over spend on wages or higher more staff to help with the amount of changes you have to do every week expected to put your self at risk by going to. Call outs in the middle of the night I could go on and. On and. Still would not have a good thing to say
Pros
Supportive store team
20 December 2018

Hi,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sorry about the issues stated above and we would strongly recommend contacting the People Team to raise them with us.

We wish you the best of luck in your career,

Many Thanks,

Savers

Difficult and full of flaws
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornbury14 November 2018
I have worked at savers for a few months now and I am already looking to move on. The main problem with this job is that management won't listen to anything said to them. Although the pay is above average the management at my store were very incompetent. They tried to force me to stay by putting me into minus hours of holiday so I would have to work to earn more holiday or pay them when I left. Along with this they were very difficult in giving me shifts and would always give me shifts that I was unable to do due to my college work and this did not stop after I explained this to them. So overall I would not advice working at savers at all.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Uncompromising management
19 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this feedback.
We really reccomend contacting the People Team regarding your issues that you are having in store, we really do pride ourselves in looking after our teams.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks,

Savers

Fast paced discount retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2018
An ever changing range of health and beauty product, but prepare for long hours and very tight staffing budgets.

5 years ago I often worked over 60 hours per week.
19 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review!

We're sorry that you often had to work long hours, but hope you enjoyed your time with us!

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career,

Best,

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.