Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Worked for company for 14 years
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North East12 March 2019
I started off when i was 16 years old and have literally worked my way through the rankings, supervisor, assistant manager and now store manager of one of the busiest stores in the business.

I think the length of service says a lot about savers, I enjoy my job most of the time (like all jobs it does have its bad days) the best part about my job is most definately my team. We are like a little family.

The hours are long and sometimes it is frustrating especially now having a young family myself. However I was able to return to the same store and work around my family with hours that best suits me.

The salary is most definately competitive for the retail sector and the bonus scheme is something to keep you pushing towards your KPI's where you can earn upto 30% of your salary!

If your passionate about retail then savers will be great for you. You get out what you put in.
Pros
Bonus scheme, discount card
Cons
Days can be long
4th Best Big Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gateshead12 March 2019
Wow what can I say proud to be working for the 4th best big company voted in the Sunday Times 2019. Started as an Assistant Manager and was giving the opportunity to devlop futher through the companys internal Empower course, which gave me the skills needed to progress to my current role as Store Manager.
The job in itself is very rewarding, you get a sense of satisfaction when your store is looking great and the dedication and hard work you put into it doesn't get unnoticed by the Area Manager, who is committed to pushing you to the best of your ability. Teamwork is key with savers who are committed to giving 100% customer service at all times.
Bonus scheme is fantastic potential earnings up to 30%of your annual salary!
Fast paced work with a great vibe about the day couldn't think of a better place to work
Pros
Bonus scheme, Teamwork, Training and Development
Savers Health Home and Beauty
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne12 March 2019
I have worked for the savers family for almost 5 years i came to the company as an assistant manager and with the amazing suport from my area manager and
the support network that is the Savers family i am now a store manager in Byker.Not only have we been awarded 4th best company to work for 2019 by the sunday times we pride ourselves on our amazing customer service and fantastic competative prices on a great range of products.I love working for Savers .There is within the comany an amazing rate of progression from sales assistant to supervisor to assistant manager and manager .So if you want a career in retail why not come and join us and work your way to the top .The best job i've had in all my 35 years in retail.
Pros
Good rate of pay, bonus scheme, Teamwork we are one big family
Cons
Fast paced and fun company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheshire12 March 2019
Been working for this company for 5 months now and it is the best one I have worked for yet, the management team give you all the support you need to do your job to the best of your ability, all the stores help each other out, it's like one big family and that's what you need when coming to work, the days go so fast, there is always something to do in the store and never get tired of doing this job.
Best decision I made was moving to this company
Best first 6 months in any role!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear7 March 2019
I’ve been a Store Manager with Savers now for 6 months. Genuinely the warmest welcome of any company I’ve worked for. The day to day life is fast paced, but in retail you get out of it what you put into it, if you’re prepared to work hard and do what you can to enhance the business you’re definitely rewarded for that. The pay is good and fair for the work you do, it’s probably as multi-faceted as any Store Manager position, you work within guidelines but do have the autonomy to make the right decision by your store. It’s the only company I’ve ever worked for with actual perks, that aren’t fictional or subject to constantly moving goalposts. They invest a lot of time and money into their people and that really shines through. Looking forward to a long career with this company.
Pros
Company perks, discount, great atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Best company I have worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire27 February 2019
Savers is all about the people, I have worked for a lot of retailers, big and small, but have to say savers is the best, there is support when needed and always some one to help.
It's hard work, but most retailers are, but the rewards are there for the taking!!
The progression is fast, so if your looking to work up in a company, savers is the one for you!

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

Savers definitely are about the people, and its great that you agree! It's great that you feel you are offered support continuously and you are offered progression!

Thanks,

Savers

You get out what you put in !
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 February 2019
Been working for Savers for 18 months and within this time got my own store. Lucky to have a great area manager and get rewarded for all the hard work done. As in life if you work hard you reap the rewards !
Pros
Job security, work life balance even at Christmas !
Cons
Can be long hrs

Thankyou for the review!
It's great to see that your hard work in the past 18 months have paid off and you've got your own store. Congratulations!

Best of luck and contact the People Team if you need anything!

Great Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire27 February 2019
Savers is an absolutely amazing company to work for.
If you enjoy work and are a manager, then please apply!
The CEO of the company is amazing. He is pleasant and very chatty.
Upper Management are great too.
There is no standing still here though. You have your breaks and will work from start to finish. Always something to do. The customers are AMAZING and really make your day.
If you get a great team behind you, then your job is made a lot easier.
My team were amazing and were engaged always.
I will miss working here and for the 2.5 years I was there, I enjoyed almost every minute.
Very fast. Great bonuses to grab. Great annual Christmas party and you are treated in the summer too.
A personal thank you to everyone I met there, from my team to all upper management and H.R
Pros
Great Bonus scheme, Great training, Voted number 4 in best companies to work for 2019, Great value on the products.An all round great company to work for

Thanks for the review!
It's so great to see that as a store manager you loved your experience!
Savers is definitely like a family and it's great to hear that you enjoyed working with your teams!

Best of luck in your career!

Savers

Good job, no guarantee of a full-time job at the end of the apprenticeship.
Retail Apprentice (Former Employee) –  West Wickham, Greater London17 February 2019
The job was good as I learned a lot about retail and gained confidence, but with no guarantee of a full-time job at the end of the apprenticeship, I looked around for jobs around the middle of May right up until I quit last October as I knew that it would cause me to struggle financially.

Management was exceptionally fantastic, though it was always a 50/50 atmosphere whenever the Store Manager was around, but the job was enjoyable with my colleagues around whilst helping customers and making conversations with the customers to build good rapport.

Overall, a good job, but I don't think I could see myself working for the company again anytime soon, even in the future with a part-time job that offers minimal hours that are not in my control.
Pros
Great job with the chance to learn more about retail.
Cons
Be mindful if you hope to have a full-time job.

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving us a review!

It's great that with your time with us you gained confidence and retail skills which is what our apprenticeship scheme is all about!

It's a shame to hear that you left the company, I hope your experience overall was positive!

Best of luck in your career

I love my job
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Enfield Highway11 February 2019
I've worked for my store since June 2018 it's the best thing I ever did. We are like s family giving the best of the best customer sevices. I know if I had a problem I can go to any manager and they will take the time to sit and talk to.me and slove it the best way they can team heartord road our area manager is amazing never had s problem and not s bad word to say so if your looking for a job that welcomes u and will make u feel part of a team apply today the company love meeting new people
Pros
Good pay great team
Cons
Pay rise plesee lol

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving us this review! It's so great to hear you're having a good experience in our store as a customer assistant, and that you feel you can go to your Area Manager for support!

All the best and please contact the People Team if you ever need anything,

Saver
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford7 February 2019
Generally just an okay average company, was abit boring working there - staff were nice enough, will be on your feet alot and bending down alot so may get abit back pain but overall fine

Thanks for the review!

We are glad you had a positive time with us, our stores can be fast paced. We continuously focus on improving our standards, which shows after being votes in the 30 best big companies to work for!

Best of luck in your career!

High stress environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon6 February 2019
Savers has a very high speed policy to provide support to all customers as quickly as possible, this gives the store much traffic and can be both a blessing and a curse.
Pros
Low prices, cheap lunch.
Cons
Very stress filled work days.

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review.

Customers are definitely a priority here at Savers and it's definitely important that we deliver the best customer service and support our teams in doing so.

Thanks again and best of luck in your career.

Don’t work for Savers !
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Will Not Disclose5 February 2019
Don’t work for savers !

It could be the worst decision you’ll ever make !

Was employed at 16 (paid minimum wage) sold over £200 on sales at tills everyday and worked hard to do so. All I got in return was a bag of 99p sweets !

As soon as I turned 18 they dumped me (because they didn’t want to pay me the higher wage)

Since then the store hires and fires youngesters to avoid paying proper wages and uses cheap labour.

Managers were pocketing items for their own well-being and writing them of as damages.
modern slavery
Store Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  south west4 February 2019
company old fashioned, penny pinching you will be treated like a dog but at least a dog gets a drink and a walk you will just be taken for a ride with aswatson.awful company to work for.
Pros
guaranteed hours as they cannot recruit as so awful
Cons
your contract

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review. It's a shame you didnt enjoy your time with us and I would reccomend highlighting any issues you had whilst part of Savers to the People Team

Best of luck in your career,

Savers

Love being part of a fab team and a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex18 January 2019
I have worked for Savers for 13 years, started off as a sales assistant and worked my way up the ladder as there is always great prospects for promotion if you work hard and want the role.
I feel the company is growing from strength to strength they really have a family feel about them and this is the feeling across the team
I like the fact that we are a discount retailer but have that extra factor great customer service.Yes I work hard but in retail you have to be focused and productive. Ive never had any issues with the higher management as good relationship are just the norm.
Love being part of the Savers Family
Pros
Fun place to work family feel

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

It's great that you are enjoying your time with us and that you have grown with us! Savers is all about building relationships and it's good that you agree!

Thanks again,

Good company
Apprentice/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham13 January 2019
I worked at Savers for two years and completed an apprenticeship here. Overall a good company to work for and a great starter job for school-leavers. Much better than some companies!
4 February 2019

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so glad you enjoyed your apprenticeship with us and it helped kick start your career!

Thanks again,

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 December 2018
it was good, however we had to make sure that the shop floor is clean and tidy, customers are being seen and spoken to. everything was looked after and clean.
Pros
free lunch
4 January 2019

Hi there,

Thankyou for your review! It's great that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customers always came first!

Best of luck in your career

Savers

Not a nice place to work!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands16 December 2018
What a horrible place to work mangerment had attitude never trained me just dumped on the till and expected me to learn myself when you rang the bell for help there face was like thunder and never even had a toilet on site I would not recommend working for this company there was no team work and there was atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Bad team work and attitude from mangerment and badly organised.
4 January 2019

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!
It's such a shame that you didn't have a good experience in our store, I would recommend contacting the People Team regarding any issues you'd like to raise with them.

Many Thanks and best of luck in your career search.

Great Place to Work
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands7 December 2018
A brilliant Company to work for . I have been with the business for almost 10 years and I really enjoy it.
It is hard work but the Rewards are huge if you are prepared to put in the effort and commitment .
The business has a real family feel and it is so great to be a part of it .
Pros
rewards and benefits
Cons
Hours can be long
20 December 2018

Thanks for the review!

It's great to read how long you've been with us and that you love being part of the savers family!

Many thanks,

Productive and enjoyable
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire3 December 2018
A good company to work for who provide their staff with opportunity to progress and encourage development within the business which is motivating for employees.
7 December 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving your review.

We love hearing that you are getting the opportunities to progress and develop within our company and that you feel motivated!

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.