Savers Health and Beauty
Savers Health and Beauty Employee Review

21 February 2020
I have worked for the company for 15 years worked my way up to store manager a fantastic place to work feel valued and appreciated for all the hard work fast paced environment and challenging at times like all retailers. Area managers and regional manager are a massive support. I started in a smaller store and have moved to a larger one area manager has been a massive support and will go above and beyond to help and support all his stores his dedication to his role inspires you to want to achieve and be the best leader you can. I personally think its a fantastic place to work.
19 March 2020
Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. It's really important.

We wish you all the best for your future.

Thanks, Savers
15 September 2020
Same role
Store Manager (Former Employee) - North West
Happy to investage you for the most ridiculous things, even though most of time you are 1-1 in your shop. Still in the dark ages with amount of paperwork.
Area manager is very happy to have a go at you on conference calls for other managers to hear.

Targets are not set fairly for different types of stores.

Pros
Discount at superdrug. Decent bonus scheme
Cons
Long days, no time for breaks, not allowed to voice any concerns as told to stop being negative
17 September 2020
Hi There,

We are very sorry to read through the review that you have left us, the issues you have raised is something we take very seriously so please can you get in contact with our People Team so we can investigate further.

We wish the best of luck in your future and hope hear from you soon

Thanks,

Savers
11 June 2020
Same role
Store Manager (Former Employee) - Manchester, Greater Manchester
If my worst enemy needed a job, I still won’t recommend this company. The face of the company is ok, at its highest level but once your on the ground, wow it’s horrid, dog eat dog with no support and your don’t get much time to even talk to your pier group.
The idea of being a discounted store is one thing but this place is on another level. No staff, very high turn over of people. No security but massive theft problem, no staff as you are other one on one. I was a store manager and my experience is high but this place is no place for anyone to make a living or provide for a family.

The Area managers are absolutely gut wrenching poor at their jobs with a constant pressure for your to lower your already strapped wages, the sales are pushy and often made to lie to customers about their special offers which are anything but special.

Please for your sake please don’t work here
Pros
Some good people there
Cons
Not enough staff, not enough pay, not good leadership, no support network at all. Constant pressure to reduce costs, increase sales and deliver on targets. Nothing is good enough
24 July 2020
Hi There,

We wish the best of luck in your future and hope hear from you soon

Thanks,

Savers
26 August 2019
Same location
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) - Colwyn Bay
No hours for staffing. No air con. Unrealistic targets. Upper management have no people skills and have favourites that they openly admit. No help when asked. Expected to run the store as a AM over the Christmas period with 3 sales assistants and no other management help. Shop got broke in to at 3am and I got called out by the alarm company. I was expected to wait at the store by myself after the police had checked it until it was dusted by the CSI. After which I was told by the area manager to clean up the glass myself and get the store open ASAP as to not lose money. Was given abuse that I didn't have the store open by 10:30 by the area manager. I was there from 3:10am until 8pm as I had to wait for a security guard for the store overnight and was openly told by the area manager that it is my job I have to do it. 17 hours is a ridiculous and illegal amount of time to be expected to work with no extra pay as I was salary or gratitude at all from any member of upper management. Company will happily fire you if you don't sell a certain amount of selected products at the till points and make a point of telling you that after you get a job with them. STAY CLEAR!!!
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else. Stay away.
17 September 2019
Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, please contact the people team

Thanks, Savers