Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire3 December 2018
A good company to work for who provide their staff with opportunity to progress and encourage development within the business which is motivating for employees.

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving your review.

We love hearing that you are getting the opportunities to progress and develop within our company and that you feel motivated!

Poor place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom30 November 2018
Poor management poor head office

Will put it in short terms do not work here

If you suffer a mental breakdown due to work you will face, disciplinary even if you have a sick note they will still take you in for an investigation they have no care for the health of there staff at all you can give your all and it will still not be good enough you won't be able to contest the decision made against you due to the fact you never get copy of the paper work.
Spoken to like dirty all the time by area mangers 0 team spirt always back stabbing going off even from top dogs like the regionals poor wages for the 70 hrs you have to as you can't over spend on wages or higher more staff to help with the amount of changes you have to do every week expected to put your self at risk by going to. Call outs in the middle of the night I could go on and. On and. Still would not have a good thing to say
Pros
Supportive store team
Great Place to Work!
People Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Field Based30 November 2018
Working in the field provides alot of flexibility with visiting stores and working from home. Savers has a family culture ethos where everyone is working towards the same goal and will support each other to achieve this.

I love the freedom I have to be able to do my job with the support on hand from my Manager when needed and being able to make a difference.
Pros
Flexibility, Working Hours, Career Progression and Development

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us this review!

It's so great to hear you enjoy the Savers ethos and that youre supported by everyone to achieve goals together!

Hearing that you are able to make a positive impact and a difference in Savers is a great skill to have!

Savers

Warm friendly and happy teams
People Advisor (Current Employee) –  Head Office Dunstable30 November 2018
Love working for Savers, helpful and friendly colleagues there is always someone that can help you and generally with a smile on their face, top team completely approachable. Exciting growing business where I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Excellent canteen, on site facilities and discoutns

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

its to great to hear how much you love working with us and that all are happy to help with smiles! It's amazing that you are learning new things every day is amazing!

Don’t work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands27 November 2018
Demoted from store manager to assistant mgr got told via salesfloor Team member lack of honesty and communication is awful tried making contact whilst on sick
Cons
No communication
4 December 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review

If you would like to get in touch with the People Team to discuss the issues you faced instore please do not hesistate.

Best of luck in your career.

Thanks

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex23 November 2018
Since starting at savers I have never felt more welcomed into the work family. They all look out for me and always find ways to make me feel comfortable. It is an enjoyable job and an amazing place to be. Working with my collegeues makes me lose track of time and that’s what makes the job so enjoyable, the savers team
29 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for your feedback!

We are so pleased that your time with us so far has been an enjoyable one! It is so great to hear that you work as a team and that you're now part of the Savers Family in store!

If you need anything please contact the People Team,

Savers

Excellent company to work work with a great retail ethos
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire23 November 2018
Savers is a company who has not yet lost its 'small family' feel, which is something not many businesses out there have managed to hold on to.

The team in the head office is a small one, however we all support and learn from each other, which is a perk, as you always gain new skills as well as develop your current ones!

The worplace environment is not very hierarchal and everyone is approachable, courteous, with an overall feeling of positiveness.

My role, as any other role, can be challenging at times, but this is what keeps me focused and interested and I always have something to learn from my interaction with customers and external contacts.

I enjoy acting as the first point of contact between Savers and the customer and I always strive to ensure that the service I deliver is fully tailored and of a high standard. Nothing makes me more satisfied than receiving compliments for our store teams or a small note / card from a satisfied customer, thanking us for resolving their issue.
Pros
Open & collaborative working environment
Cons
Stepping up the career ladder can be difficult
29 November 2018

Hi there,
Thankyou for leaving us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that your career with us is going well, and that working as a team in head office has helped you develop and gain new skills!

At Savers we pride ourselves on having a team orientated atmosphere and its great that you agree!

Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport20 November 2018
Ive worked for savers for a few years now and i would like to say it is the best job ive ever done. The pay and hours are great and there worked around my children school hours. The manager is a really nice down to earth man who is there to help you with any worries or question you mite have. As for the team they are great to work with. As we all look at each other as a savers family then co-workers. As soon as you walk through the door you will be welcome. The job as a whole is great you learn new things every day whether its on the tills or shop floor ive been there awhile and im still learn new thing. So come join are savers family.
Pros
Superdrugs discount and good pay
23 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review with us.

We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Savers. We really are a family here and it's great that the team in store are supporting you! if you ever need anything please contact the People Team ,

Thanks!

55 hour week paid for 39
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport16 November 2018
Youl be flogged to death thats for sure doing 55 hours a week for 39 as your salaried. Super hot in the stores and they tiny. Avoid at all costs area managers a disgrace . Jerry atric park busted tills all so cramped such a mess
Pros
Telling customers we dont have the stock when we do so they wont come back
Cons
Savers existing and doing modern slavery

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

We provide our stores with the tools and support to achieve their goals within a 39 hour week. As a buisness we wouldn't want any memeber of staff working excessive hours.

This amount of overtime we take very seriously and we would appreicate if you would contact the People Team in Head Office so they can investigate. We would like to thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Savers

Fast paced discount retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2018
An ever changing range of health and beauty product, but prepare for long hours and very tight staffing budgets.

5 years ago I often worked over 60 hours per week.

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review!

We're sorry that you often had to work long hours, but hope you enjoyed your time with us!

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career,

Best,

Savers

Difficult and full of flaws
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornbury14 November 2018
I have worked at savers for a few months now and I am already looking to move on. The main problem with this job is that management won't listen to anything said to them. Although the pay is above average the management at my store were very incompetent. They tried to force me to stay by putting me into minus hours of holiday so I would have to work to earn more holiday or pay them when I left. Along with this they were very difficult in giving me shifts and would always give me shifts that I was unable to do due to my college work and this did not stop after I explained this to them. So overall I would not advice working at savers at all.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Uncompromising management

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this feedback.
We really reccomend contacting the People Team regarding your issues that you are having in store, we really do pride ourselves in looking after our teams.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks,

not fun
supervisor (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2018
it is a ok company to work for
not a great job or pay
not reliable
not kind
needs some more training for most management
some stores need to close down asap

Hi,

Thankyou for taking us the time to leave this review. We are sorry that your time with us wasnt what you expected. If you'd like to raise any issues then do not hesitate to contact Savers People Team

Best of luck in your career.

Poor company
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Musselburgh, East Lothian24 October 2018
I was working for savers for 6 weeks, training wasn’t what I expected as I wasn’t really showen much to do with how the company runs. Then put into a store where the manager didn’t show me anything or help me run the store. I done a few thing around the shop which I was told to do, then on the manager returning from a day off, she goes ahead and changes everything I did. I felt like there was no point. As well as that, the store was very unliked and didn’t have a good feel to it, specially when members of the public can’t stand the manager and wouldn’t come in if she was in the store. All in all I wouldn’t recommend this company ever again.
Pros
Good company benifits
Cons
Don’t expect a quick career change within the company

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us and if there is anything you would like to discuss further then please contact our people team.

We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Great Experience
Retail Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wishaw10 October 2018
Although I wasn’t there for long I enjoyed my time with savers, I joined as an apprentice in wishaw and the staff where extremely helpful and gave great advise on the job. The Manager was always organised and the work rota was always up a few weeks in advance.
Highly recommend the apprenticeship role for anyone looking to start off a customer service/retail career or even just for a first time job.
Pros
Great help, pleasent staff
Cons
Worked most weekends

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate the feedback!

Were so glad to hear that you had an amazing experience with us, and that you recommend working with us!

We wish you luck with your career and do contact us if you need anything!

Not pleasent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 October 2018
Expected to work 60+ hours per week annd only get paid for 39, supposed to get days in place of this but never happens. Seems you have to be a drinker to fit in with management, favouritisum and bullying happen regulary. No back up from head office, unrealistic targets, unachieveable bonus scheme, i would not recommend savers as a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay

Hi there,

Thankyou very much for leaving the review, we really appreciate the feedback.

Were very sorry to hear that you had to work over the hours of your contract, and the issues you had in store. I would advise you to contact the People Team regarding the issues you said about as we'd like to get them sorted.

We wish you well in your career,

Savers

Horrible place to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford9 October 2018
Mangerment don't listen when you have problems they allow bullying within the team and don't do anything about it, if your face don't fit your get a hard time

Hello,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us the review.

At Saver's we do not tolerate bullying in the workplace, and I'd really recommend contacting The People Team regarding this.

We wish you the best of luck in your career

Where do i start
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire28 September 2018
Started as a supervisor in the prestwick shop ! Originally went for sales asst post at ayr shop. Was quickly advised by area manager because of my exp as a asssiant manager in retail I was needed at the prestwick store .was willing to give it a try as I had retail standards I quickly realised 10 days into this position with the team i couldn't change this store around ! Manager kind hearted and too soft .Her team dosent help lazy and bone idol sickness not reported which was a constant problem ! Left to my own devices after a few days key holding doing banking for a start I was never showed before and handing thousands of pounds over to a security company which I've probalaby not signed for properly total joke! Well where do we start with cleanliness shop is filthy shelfs not stacked correct. New products lying through the back shop for weeks on end .never seen a shop with hundreds of pounds of damages in a weekly basis ..and my bug bare about this company is targets there SAS .savers active selling what a carry on you can't force customers to buy your vile smelling Beyonce perfume .what head office don't realise is these shops have there regular customers everyday even if it is just buying a can of coke. And tell you they are sick of getting asked the same thing everything day I felt like saying imagine saying it 1000 times a day drains the life from u ! It's pere pressure working for this company is honestly advise anyone going into retail to avoid savers
Pros
Cons
Hnm

Thankyou for the review.

We're very sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us, and regarding the issues you raised about the store I would recommend contacting the People Team for further assistance.

Ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2018
Building a positive relationship with colleagues and customers, working at tills and being able to multitask throughout my daily. Keeping up with time-keeping and having to be very vigilant with money, customers and store.
Creating a good atmosphere for colleagues and customers for each visit to the store, making sure the store is presentable and appealing to customers, helping customers in store when asked questions, being first in resort of help when needed. Ensuring the customers get all the help they need. Asking if they would like to view any new perfumes that are on offer.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
cleaning
31 October 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this honest review. We appreciate all feedback and wish you the best of luck in your career.

No structure
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, West Dunbartonshire19 September 2018
This company claims to be in the top 50 best companies to work for in the UK, however that would probably be for the head office staff who are extremely detached from the reality of working in one the stores.

Staff are expected to get to the store for 5.30am and are often asked to work until store closing time at 6pm and are out for 6.30pm.
The staff canteen was little more than a cleaning cupboard with one small table, one seat, no heating, faulty light, dingy and full of cleaning stuff such as bleach, mopes and brushes.

For the life of me I can't see why working in a store for Savers would be a great experience. Staff under pressure to meet excessive add on sales. Stores are usually in very run down shopping centers or town centers with high levels of crime. The stores themselves are small and so cramped that staff are fighting for space to breath in with customers.

Top 50 company to work in? No chance...
Pros
Cons
long hours, rude customers, no structure, no staff canteen provisions, back breaking work, rubbish pay, cramp little stores, under pressure all the time.

Hi,

Thank you for leaving your review.

At Savers we really care about our in store teams, and I would strongly recommend contacting the People Team regarding the issues you've raised above.

Thanks,

Stay away!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  midlands16 September 2018
Awful company! Rude and aggressive upper management. Very much "if your face fits". Long hours....massive unrealistic workload.

It maybe a discounter...but that doesn't mean you can run a shop with yourself and one other.

If you are looking at a job in retail, you are better off going to another discount retailer who will treat you with respect!
Pros
Discount at Superdrug
Cons
Too many to list!

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Were sorry to hear that your time with us wasn't great, if you would like to raise any issues then please contact The People Team who would be happy to help.

Best of Luck in your career,

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.