Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Retail Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wishaw10 October 2018
Although I wasn’t there for long I enjoyed my time with savers, I joined as an apprentice in wishaw and the staff where extremely helpful and gave great advise on the job. The Manager was always organised and the work rota was always up a few weeks in advance.
Highly recommend the apprenticeship role for anyone looking to start off a customer service/retail career or even just for a first time job.
Pros
Great help, pleasent staff
Cons
Worked most weekends
Not pleasent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 October 2018
Expected to work 60+ hours per week annd only get paid for 39, supposed to get days in place of this but never happens. Seems you have to be a drinker to fit in with management, favouritisum and bullying happen regulary. No back up from head office, unrealistic targets, unachieveable bonus scheme, i would not recommend savers as a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay
Horrible place to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford9 October 2018
Mangerment don't listen when you have problems they allow bullying within the team and don't do anything about it, if your face don't fit your get a hard time
Where do i start
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire28 September 2018
Started as a supervisor in the prestwick shop ! Originally went for sales asst post at ayr shop. Was quickly advised by area manager because of my exp as a asssiant manager in retail I was needed at the prestwick store .was willing to give it a try as I had retail standards I quickly realised 10 days into this position with the team i couldn't change this store around ! Manager kind hearted and too soft .Her team dosent help lazy and bone idol sickness not reported which was a constant problem ! Left to my own devices after a few days key holding doing banking for a start I was never showed before and handing thousands of pounds over to a security company which I've probalaby not signed for properly total joke! Well where do we start with cleanliness shop is filthy shelfs not stacked correct. New products lying through the back shop for weeks on end .never seen a shop with hundreds of pounds of damages in a weekly basis ..and my bug bare about this company is targets there SAS .savers active selling what a carry on you can't force customers to buy your vile smelling Beyonce perfume .what head office don't realise is these shops have there regular customers everyday even if it is just buying a can of coke. And tell you they are sick of getting asked the same thing everything day I felt like saying imagine saying it 1000 times a day drains the life from u ! It's pere pressure working for this company is honestly advise anyone going into retail to avoid savers
Pros
Cons
Hnm
No structure
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, West Dunbartonshire19 September 2018
This company claims to be in the top 50 best companies to work for in the UK, however that would probably be for the head office staff who are extremely detached from the reality of working in one the stores.

Staff are expected to get to the store for 5.30am and are often asked to work until store closing time at 6pm and are out for 6.30pm.
The staff canteen was little more than a cleaning cupboard with one small table, one seat, no heating, faulty light, dingy and full of cleaning stuff such as bleach, mopes and brushes.

For the life of me I can't see why working in a store for Savers would be a great experience. Staff under pressure to meet excessive add on sales. Stores are usually in very run down shopping centers or town centers with high levels of crime. The stores themselves are small and so cramped that staff are fighting for space to breath in with customers.

Top 50 company to work in? No chance...
Pros
Cons
long hours, rude customers, no structure, no staff canteen provisions, back breaking work, rubbish pay, cramp little stores, under pressure all the time.
Stay away!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  midlands16 September 2018
Awful company! Rude and aggressive upper management. Very much "if your face fits". Long hours....massive unrealistic workload.

It maybe a discounter...but that doesn't mean you can run a shop with yourself and one other.

If you are looking at a job in retail, you are better off going to another discount retailer who will treat you with respect!
Pros
Discount at Superdrug
Cons
Too many to list!
hard busy and productive work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  N wales14 September 2018
never time to standstill,
always plenty to do,
task focused a lot of the time,
good teamwork,
support from area managers .
some stock issues more stock rather than less.
plenty of training opportunities and plenty of scope and support to progress upwards
Pros
busy never boring, good atmospere
Cons
very physical, some stores are older buildings and thus can be very warm in summer and very cold in winter
Bad manenger maner
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Malden, Greater London5 September 2018
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) – new malden – 5 Augast2018
Had the worst experience working for Savers last year. SAS caused too much pressure, although not many staff members met targets. Rude management team were a nightmare to work for. No sympathy for people who suffer with things such as IBS, or who are starting out in their first job. Pull you in with good words and then as soon as you settle in, it’s a totally different experience. Would not recommend.
Ridiculous expectations
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire3 September 2018
Forget about having any breaks or any respect for your availability. They care more about their stupid SAS rather than their employees. The company is seriously 10 years behind the rest of the world and the HR care more about the business then the people who are suffering to help run it. I’ve missed out on so many things through not being allowed the time off work I needed
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Active selling, stupid expectations, no respect for availability
the people are very friendly and the the salary and benefits are great
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire26 August 2018
A typical day at work is a happy and friendly environment. i have leant how to work with others and up sell items since ive been working at savers. the management at savers are very helpful and friendly. and the work place culture is fun. the most enjoyable part of the job is talking and helping the customers.
Pros
30% off in superdrug
Cons
packing items
Good benefits but some cons
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 August 2018
Its a good jobs for students, quite simple responsibilities and the pay is quite good. You also get quite a few benefits like discounts too. However you were unable to choose your shift times (this is what I experienced within the 4 months I worked there) which meant I was closing up every Sunday and getting the undesireable hours on the weekend.
Pros
Good pay and discounts
Cons
Lack of shift choice and bias management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham11 August 2018
I joined savers in July 2017 and after the initial 2 week induction started my role as an Assistant Manager in the Bishop Auckland store. In the year that I have been there I have learned a lot about both the company and my personal strengths.
The role is varied and no 2 days are the same, it can also be hard work more often than not, but extremely rewarding. The company as a whole is fantastic to work for, there is great support from head office, area managers and surrounding stores.
There is plenty of opportunity for progression as I myself have progressed to Store Manager recently, the company also offer different courses for progression which are extremely helpful in gaining extra knowledge and support for your role.
Savers also offer an amazing bonus scheme to all store management, which is very rewarding and very achievable and defiantly worth the hard work that goes in to achieving it.
If you are hard working, lead from the front and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment then Savers is defiantly for you
Pros
Salary, Career Progression, fantastic benefits
Cons
Not a nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk1 August 2018
Managers did not speak to the staff with respect. I was promised a Saturday off every other week but this never happened. I would never leave work on time they always made me stay longer even if I was not able to. I was under 18 and doing over 10 hour shifts a day which was illegal. I was crying on a daily basis because it was a horrible place to work. When I left I was not paid the amount I had earnt.
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Long hours, bad management, not paid full
bad experience
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  South East29 July 2018
I was offered a 12 hour contract, said I needed about 24, told not a problem more hours available, But they never were, except for when the manager was on holiday and then I was in 6 days . Left alone on shop floor for sometimes 2 hrs at a time. Shouted at for a £10 upside down in the till. Never given uniform, discount card, gym membership, etc that was promised at interview. Rostered in every sat & sun, not even given a day off for my Dad's funeral, had to swap with another staff member and was put on 6am delivery the day after.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
repeating the KPIs 150 times a day
Worst place ever
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire25 July 2018
I landed up in hospital with heat exhaustion on my one and only day working there was there six and a half hours and had two drink breaks.It was dirty and no thought to health and safety from hazards on the floor blocking fire exits scans missing a joke.
Pros
Cons
Sweat shop
Useless
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 July 2018
Rubbish company rubbish staff rubbish managment worst company I have and will ever work for would not recommend to anyone ever don't apply to this slave driven company
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2018
Everyday is enjoyable and there are new tasks to carry out.
Great company benefits. Perfect job for students and people who are looking for part-time employment.
An enjoyable work environment with fantastic social opportunities
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire17 July 2018
I worked in the East Kilbride store for 7 years. Throughout that time, I was studying first at college and then my undergrad at uni, and the management were brilliantly flexible to allow me to continue working for the store.

I enjoyed the fun-loving environment created by the staff. Most of us were in our late teens/early 20s, and that really showed in the way we interacted. We would be very sociable with each other, but not to the point where we never got anything done. If anything, this fueled how we did our job, and we were often one of the highest performing stores in the west of Scotland.

The pay was fair for what you do, but it could have been better. We got minimum wage at £7.50 when I left, but I do believe that has went up now.
Pros
Great social environment; fantastic hours
Cons
Pay could have been better
Work life balance was hard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sussex2 July 2018
I enjoyed the first few years with Savers, but as time went on it become difficult to balance my home and work life as I was doing long hours.
I chose to move careers as I wanted more time with my family.
Pros
Bonus available to achieve for managers
Cons
Fantastic company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire29 June 2018
I have only worked for the company for a short time, but I love it, it’s challenging everyday but very rewarding.
The company are very focussed on training and setting store managers up to succeed which is a fantastic way of keeping great teams.
It is hard work but the fun we are able to have in store makes up for it.
Anyone thinking of joining this company I would say hand on heart do it as you won’t regret it one bit!!!
Pros
Great benefits, fantastic competitions to be won, great support.
Cons
Non if your not shy of hard work!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.