Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham11 August 2018
I joined savers in July 2017 and after the initial 2 week induction started my role as an Assistant Manager in the Bishop Auckland store. In the year that I have been there I have learned a lot about both the company and my personal strengths.
The role is varied and no 2 days are the same, it can also be hard work more often than not, but extremely rewarding. The company as a whole is fantastic to work for, there is great support from head office, area managers and surrounding stores.
There is plenty of opportunity for progression as I myself have progressed to Store Manager recently, the company also offer different courses for progression which are extremely helpful in gaining extra knowledge and support for your role.
Savers also offer an amazing bonus scheme to all store management, which is very rewarding and very achievable and defiantly worth the hard work that goes in to achieving it.
If you are hard working, lead from the front and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment then Savers is defiantly for you
Pros
Salary, Career Progression, fantastic benefits
Cons
Not a nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk1 August 2018
Managers did not speak to the staff with respect. I was promised a Saturday off every other week but this never happened. I would never leave work on time they always made me stay longer even if I was not able to. I was under 18 and doing over 10 hour shifts a day which was illegal. I was crying on a daily basis because it was a horrible place to work. When I left I was not paid the amount I had earnt.
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Long hours, bad management, not paid full
bad experience
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  South East29 July 2018
I was offered a 12 hour contract, said I needed about 24, told not a problem more hours available, But they never were, except for when the manager was on holiday and then I was in 6 days . Left alone on shop floor for sometimes 2 hrs at a time. Shouted at for a £10 upside down in the till. Never given uniform, discount card, gym membership, etc that was promised at interview. Rostered in every sat & sun, not even given a day off for my Dad's funeral, had to swap with another staff member and was put on 6am delivery the day after.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
repeating the KPIs 150 times a day
Worst place ever
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire25 July 2018
I landed up in hospital with heat exhaustion on my one and only day working there was there six and a half hours and had two drink breaks.It was dirty and no thought to health and safety from hazards on the floor blocking fire exits scans missing a joke.
Pros
Cons
Sweat shop
Useless
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 July 2018
Rubbish company rubbish staff rubbish managment worst company I have and will ever work for would not recommend to anyone ever don't apply to this slave driven company
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2018
Everyday is enjoyable and there are new tasks to carry out.
Great company benefits. Perfect job for students and people who are looking for part-time employment.
An enjoyable work environment with fantastic social opportunities
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire17 July 2018
I worked in the East Kilbride store for 7 years. Throughout that time, I was studying first at college and then my undergrad at uni, and the management were brilliantly flexible to allow me to continue working for the store.

I enjoyed the fun-loving environment created by the staff. Most of us were in our late teens/early 20s, and that really showed in the way we interacted. We would be very sociable with each other, but not to the point where we never got anything done. If anything, this fueled how we did our job, and we were often one of the highest performing stores in the west of Scotland.

The pay was fair for what you do, but it could have been better. We got minimum wage at £7.50 when I left, but I do believe that has went up now.
Pros
Great social environment; fantastic hours
Cons
Pay could have been better
Work life balance was hard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sussex2 July 2018
I enjoyed the first few years with Savers, but as time went on it become difficult to balance my home and work life as I was doing long hours.
I chose to move careers as I wanted more time with my family.
Pros
Bonus available to achieve for managers
Cons
Fantastic company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire29 June 2018
I have only worked for the company for a short time, but I love it, it’s challenging everyday but very rewarding.
The company are very focussed on training and setting store managers up to succeed which is a fantastic way of keeping great teams.
It is hard work but the fun we are able to have in store makes up for it.
Anyone thinking of joining this company I would say hand on heart do it as you won’t regret it one bit!!!
Pros
Great benefits, fantastic competitions to be won, great support.
Cons
Non if your not shy of hard work!!
Best place I’ve worked in retail.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tredegar, Blaenau Gwent27 June 2018
Savers is a great company to work for, especially if you get behind the company’s vision and give it all you’ve got. Everyone is very helpful and supportive, from the very top all the way down through to store level. I’ve just completed two days induction training in head office, which was great fun and very informative. Everyone there was great and the M.D. saw the funny side when we accidentally stole his taxi!! Great atmosphere to be a part of.
Pros
Good team atmosphere. Great rewards for hard work.
Cons
Active selling lines can be a bit repetitive.
Fantastic company!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 June 2018
I've been a store manager in other companies and I must say, after just 5 months with savers, I can open heartedly say, they really do care about their colleagues.

3 weeks training in management and constant support from my area manager who is easily the best AM I have ever had the pleasure to work for.

The support network is absolutely second to none, need any help? Just call People services and the company do everything they can to support you and your store.

The rewards with savers are incredible, no other company openly pays for holidays, events, parties and holds competitions to win 2 weeks laid holidays across the world. Massive discounts everywhere, tons of perks and a brilliant head office team make this a place to stay.

Trust me, ignore the negative comments here, if you need help whilst working, just ask any member of manager or head office and you'll see why they're the number 1 best company to work for.

Even with huge problems with deliveries or staff, the area managers and head office team work tirelessly to support, aid and help you and your team overcome any obstacles.

If you're considering applying, do it. You won't regret it!
Pros
Fantastic support, excellent communication, good breaks, salary is very good, no micro management.
Cons
Very long hours but if you don't mind hard work it's not a problem.
Fun work place
Cashier/Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 June 2018
All staff are welcoming with an equal mind-set. They are also very motivating and help you if in need. For instance one of the days I was working and I was very busy as a customer approached me so my colleague stepped in and helped the customer instead.
I don't Like that company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough20 June 2018
Always on the till, nothing I didn't already know, didn't like the manager, the only part I enjoyed was going home. We always got it in the neck when SAS was not good, staff treated like slaves. The manager was not nice to the staff specially those with issues, cant have other commitments.
Pros
nothing
Cons
be flexible as you may get called in unexpectedly

Hiya,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you weren't happy in your time with us. If you would like to discuss any of the issues above please contact our People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck in your career.

Thanks,

average
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashington18 June 2018
I would have to say working at savers was helpful for getting some skills in retail but as for the other staff I would have to say they treated my quite badly when I worked there
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
poor staff

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are happy to hear that you learnt new skills with us. If you want to discuss anything further please contact our People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck for the future.

Savers

Friendly and never a dull moment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot14 June 2018
Savers neath is such a friendly and busy place to work. Everyone who works there has always got a smile on their face regardless if they are busy or not. Its never a dull moment, and a great environment to work in. Savers is very much part of the commumity and second family. It is a very busy shop and if your willing to put the hard work in, savers will look after you, with incentives, staff rewards and benefits, and even a lovely bonus at the end of the year. So if your interested in a new challenge i would definately recommend it. I have been with the company for 3 years now and have never looked back.
Pros
Friendly staff, staff rewards and benefits, development and progression, and yearly bonus, and everyone works together
Cons
At times it can be a bit warm when working in the hot weather working delivery.

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback!

We are so pleased you're enjoying your time with us and hope you have many more happy years in your career with us!

Thanks,
Savers

good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire12 June 2018
i enjoyed my day at work i leart quiet a lot and it made me so much more confident i was really happy with the way i was treated everyone was so nice in i lernt so much just wish i got chance to use the tills but the work i did do i was really happy with doing
Pros
good staff
Cons
good hours

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback!

We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you gain new skills.

We would like to wish you best of luck in your career.

Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire6 June 2018
Had the worst experience working for Savers last year. SAS caused too much pressure, although not many staff members met targets. Rude management team were a nightmare to work for. No sympathy for people who suffer with things such as IBS, or who are starting out in their first job. Pull you in with good words and then as soon as you settle in, it’s a totally different experience. Would not recommend.
Cons
Rude management team, uncomfortable environment

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are very sad to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. Please contact our People Team in Head Office if you would like to discuss anything further.

Many thanks,

Non satisfactory work enviroment
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire4 June 2018
It is a good company as a whole I believe and I would like to think the store location I was at was an exception.
I found the management hard to please and they were very demanding.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Long shifts
6 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sad to hear you did not enjoy your time with us - if you have anything you would like to discuss further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck in your career,

Dull work environment
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire4 June 2018
As I did my work experience there first day or two were completely fine, but the experience just went down hill from there from regular staff blaming me and another person doing work experience for not stocking shelves when we was doing quite clearly in their view.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
disrespectful staff
Productive and fun.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashington30 May 2018
I personally enjoy working for savers, all the colleagues I work with are amazing and fun people to be around. So far I have gained skills such as working on the till and great customer service.
Pros
Good paay.
Cons
Not very good hours.
6 June 2018

Hiya,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback - we are very happy to hear that you are learning new skills with us!

Best of luck,

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.