Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Friendly and never a dull moment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot14 June 2018
Savers neath is such a friendly and busy place to work. Everyone who works there has always got a smile on their face regardless if they are busy or not. Its never a dull moment, and a great environment to work in. Savers is very much part of the commumity and second family. It is a very busy shop and if your willing to put the hard work in, savers will look after you, with incentives, staff rewards and benefits, and even a lovely bonus at the end of the year. So if your interested in a new challenge i would definately recommend it. I have been with the company for 3 years now and have never looked back.
Pros
Friendly staff, staff rewards and benefits, development and progression, and yearly bonus, and everyone works together
Cons
At times it can be a bit warm when working in the hot weather working delivery.
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire12 June 2018
i enjoyed my day at work i leart quiet a lot and it made me so much more confident i was really happy with the way i was treated everyone was so nice in i lernt so much just wish i got chance to use the tills but the work i did do i was really happy with doing
Pros
good staff
Cons
good hours
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire6 June 2018
Had the worst experience working for Savers last year. SAS caused too much pressure, although not many staff members met targets. Rude management team were a nightmare to work for. No sympathy for people who suffer with things such as IBS, or who are starting out in their first job. Pull you in with good words and then as soon as you settle in, it’s a totally different experience. Would not recommend.
Cons
Rude management team, uncomfortable environment
Non satisfactory work enviroment
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire4 June 2018
It is a good company as a whole I believe and I would like to think the store location I was at was an exception.
I found the management hard to please and they were very demanding.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Long shifts

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sad to hear you did not enjoy your time with us - if you have anything you would like to discuss further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck in your career,

Dull work environment
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire4 June 2018
As I did my work experience there first day or two were completely fine, but the experience just went down hill from there from regular staff blaming me and another person doing work experience for not stocking shelves when we was doing quite clearly in their view.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
disrespectful staff
If you are serious about Retail this is the job for you!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland24 May 2018
Having worked in Retail over 30 years I joined Savers in October 2017 and after two weeks induction started by role as Store Manager in Bishop Auckland. Having been in the role since then I wanted to add my views to the number of reviews on here.
The pace is relentless and the number of staff hours available to use are minimal but this is what retail is all about! Yes, the company expect a lot from you and if you're afraid of hard work then the job is not for you! Like every job you get out only what you are prepared to put in? The job is very rewarding and you get plenty of support from everyone in volved with the company from the top down. No two days are ever the same and you go home exhausted every night but that is because you have given everything and you can go home feeling proud!
Pros
Ranked number 7 in the Times Best List of Retailers to work for!

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great and honest feedback!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your time with us and that you would recommend us to others.

We hope you have many more great years with us!

Thanks,
Savers

Good company to work for.
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Maesteg23 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time at savers, I worked 30 hours a week and although it was hard work I would do it all over again. The management was ok, I learned a few life lessons along the way but I also learned how to work fast whilst giving customers a good experience. My store is so busy you dont get a second to think. The hardest part of the job was getting everything we needed done done, there is sometimes not enough hours in the day! The most enjoyable was meeting so many amazing people, staff and customers.
Pros
Discount card for superdrug

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so happy to hear you're enjoying your time with us and learning new things, we hope you have a long and successful career with us!

Savers

You get out what you put in.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 May 2018
Bottom line, it’s not for everyone. But if you have a pro active positive approach you will love working for Savers.
Show some passion and enthusiasm then you’ll get noticed if you want to progress and create a career for yourself there are tons of opportunities out there.
I’ve been with them for over 5 years managing many sites in my time. It’s fast paced and I make it fun.

You do get out what you put in. Maximum effort = great results. Happy days.
Pros
Friendly and relaxed
Cons
if you like the job then there are not any.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that your career is going well with us and your 5 years have been happy!

We would like to wish you every success in your career with us!

Many thanks

Sarah

Productive environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2018
If your someone who likes to be kept busy this is the place you want to be in, you're never waiting on customers from the moment the doors open till they close there is a constant flow of customers, you are constantly working, time goes quick and its a productive shift......

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your career with us.

We would like to wish you every success with Savers!.

Savers.

Awful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales14 May 2018
Worked with savers for 2 years, and easily the worse place I've ever worked. Managers who aren't interested in working, stupid daily targets that were impossible to reach when managers couldn't be bothered, which didn't motivate staff. impossible to get time off without being made to feel guilty, or made to work 8/9 shifts in a row! You'll always be made to work every Sunday and every 6am delivery! Management forever having time off tho, when the shop is at peak business! Advice? don't apply for a job with savers.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good time with us.

If you wish to discuss this please contact the People Team at Head Office.

Savers

Expect long hours and no reward
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire14 May 2018
Expect to have to smash your limited amount of staff into working on goodwill, a barebones store can leave just a manager and one employee so expect to leave them on a till whilst your literally doing everything else. Oh, and delivery days seem to be never ending out of hours because everything is dumped on shop floor overnight and you have to clear it before opening.
Pros
I actually can't think of one
Cons
Low Morale, minimum wage maximum efficiency

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sorry to hear that you had issue's with staffing and general morale in the store.

If you would like to discuss it further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Thanks,

productive,fun,rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea11 May 2018
A bright friendly environment to work, i have achieved so much and gained so many skills to enable me to continue to build and nuture my career goals, the work place is pleasant, bright and welcoming, the job is physical and demanding but very rewarding and satisfying I enjoy all aspects of the role and continous challenges it brings!
Pros
benefits, job satisfactiopn, progression
Cons
Busy envroment, long hours

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback!

We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us and wish you the best of luck for the future.

Savers.

Not for everyone
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Armley9 May 2018
I started as a four hour sales assistant in 2012 and have had the opportunity and skill to be promoted in my orginal store twice. Then recently the end of 2016 given the chance to run my own store with a different team which is just under a hours drive from home which is its own challenge to always be motivated when theres a long delovery day ahead but it was my choice.
There is alot of support in the area that I am apart of and no-one is set up or left to fail. I have been apart of the Empower course which is one of many that the company offers to develop and grow and it helped me personally and I would recommend anyone who has the chance to go on any and all courses. There is sometimes the opportunity to help complete a new store, or a refresh (where we update an olde store with new equipment and a fresher look). Which a different and exicting experience.
The job is full of challenges and is hard some days but the staff are great to work with and makes the days easier and fun. No two days are the same from simple working stock and serving customers, completing paperwork and training; right to having deliveries cancelled and changing the whole week and staff around as things can change at a drop of a hat thats out of the companys control. Overall we are expected to complete alot of tasks and high standards to be kept it is hard but worth it.
Pros
Pay, Environment, Appreciation, Chance to develop
Cons
Long days.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback!

We are glad that you have enjoyed your career so far with Savers and that it has given you lots of opportunities and challenges with a variety of new skills and training.

The days can be long sometimes as that is the nature of our business.

We wish you every success in your career!

Many thanks

Nice place too work
Supervisour (Current Employee) –  Washington3 May 2018
Starting at savers so far the process was smooth quick and effective, recruitment process was good and so far I'm learning loads of new skills along the way looking forward too working further with the company. Savers really gets too know there employees I like that alot.
Pros
Friendly team in store

Hi There,

Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

We are glad that you enjoyed the recruitment process and are pleased to hear that you are settling into your new family and gaining new skills.

Good retailer
Shop manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 May 2018
Good employee benefits and discounts
Good bonus scheme
Room for internal progression
Good job security in the retail market
Good company incentives

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your time with us, and taking advantage of our excellent discounts and benefits package.

A decent job to have
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Woolwich3 May 2018
The Job itself was good but staff safety was poor but the store teams are amazing people to be around and was a pleasure to have had the opportunity to work with them
Pros
Bonus and weekly competions
Cons
Upside down working hours

Hi There,

Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you got along with your store family.

With regards to the safety issues, please contact The People Team at Head Office.

tedious
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Daventry2 May 2018
management werent willing to allow me to work around college and told me to quit college instead so i could work more. was forced to work deliveries at 5am before going to college doing a sports course exhausted from working already and making me late 4 days a week out of 5
Pros
Cons
being there

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us - if there is anything you wish to discuss further please contact our People Team in head office.

Terrible
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  East Sussex29 April 2018
A company full of cliques. If you are not part of them you will not advance. Ridiculous targets for up upselling. No appreciation for anything you do
Pros
Cons
Expected to change hours with no notice.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We do set targets for all member of staff for active selling at the till to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with us.

If there is anything you wish to raise - please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, Suffolk28 April 2018
A good place to work despite not having steady hours, friendly staff and work environment for the most part, good holiday opportunities and in store training

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. It's good to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career!

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire16 April 2018
Lots to keep busy with. Hard work lots of stock to keep on top of. Quite physical at times, when moving products from the stock room to the shop floor
24 April 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback!

Because of our great prices, our stores are often very busy! We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.