Save the Children Charity Shop Employee Reviews

Amazing People, Environment and Place to work
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Northallerton23 January 2018
Couldn’t have asked for a lovlier place to volunteer. Amazing people to work with, always something to be getting on with, never a dull day. Made life long friends, although we’ve moved on from volunteering we still keep in touch. Absolutely amazing.
Pros
Lovely Staff and Environment
Great workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tring18 September 2017
I would spend a typical shift either on the till, or sorting out some of the donations given to the shop. The management was good. I have learned good communication skills by talking to customers.
productive
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Penrith14 August 2017
I learnt many new skills and the hardest part of the job was to try and remember all of the skills to try and put them into action and to make sure that i can do it and so they can ask me to come in and be reliable
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Lovely place and lovely people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Greater London4 July 2017
Although there was a lot to do every work shift. The people who worked there were very respectable and kind. They did not treat me like a child and they helped me to learn new skills.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
lots of tasks
Great working environment
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 April 2017
Great place and environment to be in and it has given me lots of opportunities, from meeting and serving customers to sorting out items and making them good to sell.
love it
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dundee, Angus3 February 2017
working with customers & the staff has been great couldn't ask for a better volunteer job. learning new skills every day & get to work out front &back
Pros
smiling customers
Cons
N/a
A rewarding experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Clapham, Greater London16 January 2017
My time at Save the Children was nothing short of beneficial as I enjoyed and developed team working skills amongst my other volunteers whilst working within the shop. I worked at the back of the shop helping to sort out the clothes so we could get as many clothes onto the shop floor as well as steaming the clothes before they could go on sale. At times the job was challenging because of the pace of the sorting out of the clothes however this was extremely rare and only happened on the busiest Saturdays on the job. On the whole, it was a throughly enjoyable experience as well as harnessing key customer service skills as well.
fun, rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Worksop, ENG22 October 2015
very fun and rewarding whilst working as a volunteer, met lots of new people and enjoyed it thoroughly, only left this job due to education commitments
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 May 2015
My typical day at Save The Children charity shop would be to go there after school and help out on the till. I would also aid customers who are in need of help and assist in organising the clothes that are donated to the shop. During my time at Save The Children charity shop, I have learnt how to operate a till and improved my communication and team work skills. My co-workers are of similar age to myself and therefore I get along with them well. They are also help full when it comes to tidying up the shop floor before closure. The hardest part of the job would be transferring the donated clothes from the shop floor to storage and the most enjoyable part of the job would be the casual conversations that occur with both the customers and the daily manger, this happens due to the fact that the shop is aimed for the local community.
I personally believe that management is great and people should not hesitate to apply to volunteer there. It is great to put it on your CV as evidence for experience.
Pros
Flexible hours
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, ENG11 February 2015
I enjoyed working here, helping others including raising funds for the charity, i met loads of new people, gained experiance in handling cash etc
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
travel
Enjoyable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orpington4 March 2013
I voluntared at Save The Children for a couple of months, and during my time there I worked with people who enjoyed giving back to the community and working together as team in order to ruun a successful charity shop. I would hoghly recommend it to everyone.
Pros
valuable work experience