Sandman Hotel Group

Sandman Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Good experience, it is okay, but not forever
I used to work there almost a year and all in all, that's the best experience ever. There are many advantages and disadvantages.

Advantage:you can improve your skills, your knowledge

Disadvantage: they do not care about your well-being and lack of communication

All is all, recommended.
Wish I could of stayed
I was a sales executive and I loved my brief time at the hotel, if I was offered a permanent contract I would of def stayed.
Everyone I worked with were nice and friendly.
Great interaction with the guests at the front desk
It was a great place to work when I first joined the company however, it kind of lost its identity along the way. Some of my colleagues were so thoughtful and fun to work with.
Pros
Interaction with the guests
Cons
Long unpaid hours
Busy and productive
My time at the sandman was amazing, I loved the people I worked with and the guests I met, I loved my job. But there was no promise of job advancement for me, a girl who had joined a month after me got promoted to supervisor withing two months of being there. Towards the end of my career there, my hours were being cut and my pay was lower than every one else's even though I worked really hard every day I was there. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team and doing new things every day so every one had a chance at doing something different. But the hardest was keeping up with a million orders all at once with a small team.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Under-managed
okay
I started with sandman inn as housekeeper, for almost 5 years, had awesome managers, they taught me how to be fast in cleaning room, and make sure every spot is sanitized, and work in timely manner, excellent team player, as days and years go by, got hired to train new employees for housekeeping, then I decided to take on front desk work, which was challenging but was happy to learn how to commicate with customers in cheerful manner, learn how to record all data on computer, using debit machine credit card and cash handling, look after housekeepers daily as i help customers sign in their rooms, most qualified place to learn alot of new challenges, was happy to be there.
Pros
free lunches
Good for building up skills
Been working in Sandman Hotel @ London Gatwick in Crawley for the past 3 years, it has been a good place to work and for building up skills and abilities.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and easygoing
I was very grateful to get my first part time job within a hotel at such a young age. I was able to balance my studies alongside working shifts at the restaurant.
Fantastic place to work
Great place to work with great family and employee orientated culture. Fantastic Senior management team and President/ Vise President who look after their team and acknowledge achievements of all employees regardless of position
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sandman Hotel Group?