Sanctuary Personnel Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sanctuary Personnel selected this as a representative review
Professional and efficient
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire20 August 2019
I have worked with Sanctuary for many years and have always been happy with their service. Consultants have been pleasant, proactive and efficient in supporting me in my job role. Communication has always been effective. I would highly recommend.
Exciting, dynamic and flexible
CPN (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2019
I have worked for Sanctuary for a while, it’s full of job opportunities and flexible. The staff is so supportive, human understanding. My consultant is the best consultant anyone could ever wish for. When my contracts ended I secured the next one within a week.
enjoyed working very free place free to exercise your judgement flexibility free to exercise decosio
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 August 2019
i enjoyed free working space
encourage free communication
flexibility in managing case load
good supervision and honest environment
accessible resources to work with
non judgemental working environment
Pros
free tea
Cons
parking expenses
Awful place to work
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk11 August 2019
They have no idea about treating people fairly and have no regard for professional conduct, courtesy, dignity or respect, and no clue how to operate within the boundaries of employment law or statutory legislation. They bully, put down and shout to get what they want. If you want to lose any self esteem you have; this is the place for you. It’s taken me a long time to regain my confidence after working here for 18 months.
Unfair company practices
RMN (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire17 June 2019
If you are looking for a company that pays its employees different pay rates based on the colour of their skin, then this company is just for you.

This company just does not know how to treat their nurses/staff. They will pass you from pillar to post without any support whatsoever.

The pay rates are extremely terrible and if you make the mistake of approaching another company who may be able to offer you a better rate of pay, fairer treatment and full staff support they will categorically tell you that you are off their books. They forget its business two ways; for them and you.

Its a shame that many NHS Trusts would rather take their business with Sanctuary when they treat their staff like door mats.

Should you choose to use them as a reference, Beware they will gladly give your prospective employer a bad reference.
Pros
Cons
Poor Pay rates, Unfair staff treatment
Lovely people to work with; good admin
Educational Psychologist (Current Employee) –  North West13 April 2019
Sanctuary staff were great at organising the placement, and helping to sort out any hiccups, such as my timesheet not being signed due to a change of management. Really can't fault the Sanctuary staff who are friendly, polite, keep in touch regularly to check everything is OK, and do what they say they are going to do - I would highly recommend them. The work is down to me to organise, and that went really well - the team I was placed with are lovely people and really welcoming. The admin staff are very good and nothing is too much trouble.
Pros
I can manage my own workload
Productive friendly workplace.
Project Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk11 April 2019
Nice working environment, open plan offices promoting social activities as a way of improving relations in the office. very flexible with hours upon request.
Sanctuary have been a delight to work for
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire7 April 2019
My agent speaks to me and offers support on a regular basis. I am paid on time and everything runs smoothly. I would thoroughly recommend working for Sanctuary. Top Notch
Pros
Good service . Good support
Good experience as Locum Social Worker
Social Worker Locum (Former Employee) –  Derby7 April 2019
I contacted numerous agencies and chose Sanctuary as they was the most reliable. Registering with them was quick and straight forward. They send somebody out to check your documents which was a big help. They got me work quickly and so far my experience has been a positive one. My consultant has been really good. Weekly pay is a big bonus,
Pros
Weekly pay, consultant is good, easy to get set up.
Cons
Uncertainty with Locum work.
Very professional agency
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire6 April 2019
I have had great support from Sanctuary and they have managed to find me quality placements very quickly. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
Great company to work for
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Devon6 April 2019
I've worked with Sanctuary for around 5 months and have thoroughly enjoyed it. You have your own agent and mine has been absolutely lovely- you really feel known to the company. Pay is weekly which is great. Only downside is lack of job security or advancement- but thats the whole point of being a locum!
Pros
Feel known personally. Weekly pay at a good rate.
Cons
Lack of advancement (not Sanctuary's fault though!)
Best agent best agency
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  CMHT Weymouth5 April 2019
My agent is the best and the service I get as an employee is fantastic . Each query has been answered promptly and the whole team are helpful and will always resolve any concerns promptly.
Pros
Very good information
Cons
Can’t think of any
reliable agency, great communication.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 April 2019
good agency, good at keeping contact with us.

fast payroll, and knowledgeable consultants.

been with them for over 5 years, haven't needed to look elsewhere for work.
Brilliant agency to work for!
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Devon5 April 2019
Honest, reliable and dependable.
Plenty of work, flexibility, good rates of pay and reliable managers who are easy to get hold of, and work for you as much as you work for them.
Cant speak highly enough of the company.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
None.
busy
Administration Manager/Head of Compliance (Former Employee) –  Ipswich10 October 2018
travel to other areas for meetings with auditors
lots of pressure to get paperwork from employees
dogs in the office every day
working with young people who did not really want to be in the job
Pros
location
Cons
some staff very vindictive
Productive and enjoyable
Ipswich Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Ipswich10 August 2018
We were all given part of a very large ledger and it was our responsibility to reduce the debt, we had dead lines and targets to meet. Bonuses were given.
Pros
enjoyable workplace
Cons
collecting debt from government agencies could be time consuming
jobs
Band 4 (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London31 May 2018
Working with sanctuary personnel and the consultant always made sure I had work, it was as if i was employed permant wherever i was placed for work. Good agency to work for and have referred a lot of people.
Pros
Always ocuupied with work
Cons
Maybe distance travelled
terrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk14 May 2018
Would not recommend working for sanctuary at all, I was only with the company for a few months before I left and it was the best feeling in the world.

Management is very poor and promise one thing and do something completely different.

The culture in the office is to stab each other in the back, on an occasion I had let my colleague know that I had misspelled a word in an email as he had asked how was the email. A day later I was bought into a meeting for misspelling the word.

The fact that they take you to meeting with two managers for really small things considering the email was going to another department in the company and that it was either the colleague or the guy I sent the email to who went straight to the managers within the day shows that no one in the company has got you back unless you have been there more than a year and then you can do no wrong as they will cover for each other sometimes for really serious things. This was not the only instant I had heard this happening to people.

The company looks good from the outside but once in, you will hear people say how much they hate working for sanctuary and how much they want to leave.
Pros
leave on time occasionally
Cons
back stabbing, management
Terrible Employer
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk27 January 2018
A shabbily run company which lets employees down consistently. A few favourite staff get preference and everyone else is left to rot. No one is listened to until it is too late.
Fun workplace
Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ipswich25 January 2018
Sanctuary is a great place to work. It is fun and the staff are treated fairly. However, management lets it down highly as promises are made but not kept to and the management is extremely unorganised.
Pros
Fun work place, good colleagues, realistic expectations and enthusiasm
Cons
Organisation and management is poor
Client focused environment
Business Developer (Current Employee) –  Pimlico, London, Greater London17 November 2017
The office I reside in day-to-day is based in London with 4 business professionals, two heading up business development and two heading up compliance. Our working culture is quiet different from the company head office based in Ipswich where 250+ employees reside.

The development team is made up of myself (Business developer) and Business Development Manager. Both working independently and collaboratively to achieve business targets and growth, meeting with new and existing clients to ensure business relationships and secure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanctuary Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

Sanctuary Personnel Reviews by Location