Sanctuary Group Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  March7 June 2018
A good person centred company which is growing delivering support to all clients ranging from retirement, learning disabilities, homelessness and mental health.
14 June 2018

Thanks for the review! People are certainly at the heart of everything we do :)

Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wantage, Oxfordshire7 June 2018
Care (Former Employee) –  Seaham Harbour, Durham6 June 2018
Wouldn't work with Sanctuary again...
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South East6 June 2018
Having been my first experience of working in Care, I enjoyed the work and building rapport with residents. I felt the management was awful and really needed to be changed as it took forever to get anything done or sorted out. Some staff couldn't do their jobs properly and some didn't pull their weight when trying to cover shifts. Never time for handover so things got forgotten and staff not properly informed of things. All about money too... Very quick to take people's money but the quality of care only depreciated while I was there. When I left found that a lot of things had changed but not for the best as they regularly receive complaints now... never been ran very well... disappointed and must admit won't be working in Care again.
Pros
Rapport with residents
Cons
Overworked Staff, Management, all about money
7 June 2018

It’s very concerning for us to read your comments, and while you have now left Sanctuary we would really like the opportunity to look into your concerns further. Please email further details of your experience to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thanks.

Poor company
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 June 2018
Very poor company to work for left a job of 13years to join sanctuary. Dont know why they are asking for qualifications they don’t see painting and decorating as a trade. Management don’t have any understanding how to approach Big jobs or projects I.e painting projects. Once you join they want you to complete hit weekly targets. STAY AWAY!!
7 June 2018

We’re very sorry that you didn’t have a positive time with us and we would like the opportunity to discuss your feedback in more detail. Please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

no home life
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire21 May 2018
never enough staff so moving and handling is done on your own you work double shifts 14 hours a day with 30 min. break. very clique, good if your face fits. you never get praised but always get told off.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours lack off staff
29 May 2018

Hi there, thanks for the review. All of our staff do receive moving and handling training as part of their induction and we do always ensure that we have sufficient staff on duty to support our residents. We can also assure you that the break entitlements for all our staff comply with both employment and health and safety legislation. Please contact the Resourcing team by emailing resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk, as we'd welcome more feedback and be happy to have a more detailed discussion with you.

appalling service to work at
Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Bognor Regis, West Sussex18 May 2018
Appalling service in Bognor Regis property isn't fit for purpose and management does nothing about physical and verbal abuse of staff from residents. Not a safe place to work.
Pros
Cons
anti social hours, poor pay
29 May 2018

Thanks for your review of your time with us. Sanctuary Supported Living strives to provide appropriate accommodation for all our clients and with the roll-out of our standard operating model, we are reviewing our properties to ensure they meet or exceed these standards for the client group and to make sure that our staff continue to have a safe environment to work within. As outlined in our Bullying and Harassment Policy and Procedure, we take the treatment of our staff very seriously. We would appreciate it if you were able to provide further feedback on your experience by emailing resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. You can rest assured that all feedback is investigated, and changes in our approach are made where required.

Good stabile company
Clinical Lead (Former Employee) –  Beechwood15 May 2018
Good company ,provides staff with lots of training .Encouraging staff to develop and take on more responsibilities.Was there for 5 years,enjoyed working as a team.
16 May 2018

Thanks for the review and feedback around our learning opportunities, we will share this with our Learning Academy! We’re also really pleased that you enjoyed your five years with Sanctuary.

Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk12 May 2018
The Staff are very friendly , its a great place to work, full training is given , the shifts are flexible with hours to suit most people. Would recommend.
Pros
Paid breaks
14 May 2018

It sounds like you really enjoyed your time with us as a support worker! We wish you luck in your future career journey. Thanks for the review.

Great team good management and proactive.
Project support worker (Current Employee) –  Kent3 May 2018
I good chance to learn grow and achieve and at the same time receiving the support from management level. An opportunity to work with people from all walks of life.
Pros
Good working conditions and hours
4 May 2018

It’s great that you’re receiving the support to grow and achieve good results within your role! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Friendly environment
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester15 April 2018
A typical day at the office and/or community is very intense. Mostly I am working WITH adult who are experiencing mental health and drug use. Every day is challenging and various. I must be able to engage the residents being creative; fast problem solving; working in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
I enjoy most working with the person covering the role of advisor, mentor and adopting some beneficial therapy addressed to improve their mental and physical help.
16 April 2018

Thanks for your positive review! We’re delighted that you’re enjoying your role and finding it rewarding.

Disappointing.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Congleton, Cheshire9 April 2018
Very disappointed with my job as a Care Assistant. I have worked in care for 10 years and this is the worst place I have worked. Management is appalling. My shifts seem to change every time I look at the rota, so planning anything outside work is a nightmare. Always understaffed because nobody stays. Silly little rules made up all the time and its hard to keep up with. Staff criticised for anything and everything and never given the praise they deserve, never a thank you. It's a shame as most of the staff here are brilliant and will do whatever they can for anyone.
Cons
Disorganised. Bad management.
18 April 2018

We're very disappointed to hear that your experience with Sanctuary Care wasn't a positive one, and would like to learn more from you, so that we can look into things further. Please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk with more details of your experience. Thanks.

Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Adderbury, Oxfordshire8 April 2018
The only benefit of work here is the salary. But that benefit soon wanes when you realise you will be managed within an inch of your life. Made a countable for every minute you are on site, having to justify every time you need to use the toilet. That aside from the fact the huge errors made on a daily basis. Manages change the goal posts regularly and don’t deal with current issues, taking advantage of the vulnerability of their commodity. System used isn’t fit for purpose, systematic errors on balances, resulting in providing residence incorrect information. No care given to the upset this causes
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poorly managed, system not fit for purpose
16 April 2018

We’re very sorry to learn of the concerns you had during your time with us and that it wasn’t a positive experience for you. We take all feedback from current and former employees seriously and will be looking into your comments further.

Productive work place
Bussines Preformance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wantage6 April 2018
A place where you can test your limits, and get your self in difficult situation.
Working under presure and problem solving and challanging every day.
16 April 2018

Thanks for your review and comments. We hope that you spoke with your line manager if you were feeling under pressure with your workload, as the well-being of all employees is very important to us. We would like you to get in touch if there’s anything you’d like to discuss further with us, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

Residents make the job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield6 April 2018
Worked here for 6 months where I got sacked for too much sickness, staff are brilliant to work with tho there is backstabbing a lot. Management are a shambles and play favourites so if you're not in the management clique you'll be targeted. You're made to work a side on your own which makes moving and handling an issue most of the time. No social life if you work here as always short staffed. Residents are lovely and you can't help living them also food is 100% spot on.
Pros
Residents and staff
Cons
Management and their cliques
16 April 2018

We're very sorry to read your comments as we pride ourselves on the delivery of quality care. We’d like to hear more from you so that we can ensure that we continually develop our services. Please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk so that we can look into things further for you. Thanks.

Would not work for them again
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside6 April 2018
My experience of working for a Sanctuary care home then Embrace was not pleasant. Whilst I enjoyed my job and the residents were lovely. Dreading going every day was a nightmare. Certain bullying staff made my life a misery. Broken wheel chairs which only got cleaned if there was a visit from the manager. A very clicky place. I never received a wage slip and at Xmas found out the £10 allocated to buy each resident a Xmas present had been stopped. I quit. Had enough of being spoken to like a dog. Staff doing 12 hr days had to pay for their lunch. Nothing for residents was free.
Pros
Cons
Staff bullying.
16 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experiences with Sanctuary Care as we pride ourselves on the delivery of quality and safe care to all our residents. We have a zero tolerance towards bullying, and would like to hear more from you. Please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk to discuss your feedback further with us.

management
former employee (Former Employee) –  worcester29 March 2018
Management poor too busy on phones in office.When their was a problem hid away.didnt take any coarse of action when they should have.Felt overworked and underpaid,especially when higher paid staff messed around and couldn't do their job properly.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
3 April 2018

Ensuring our staff feel supported in their role is a priority for us, so it’s very concerning reading your comments. We would always advise any employee who is experiencing issues to discuss them with either a manager or with their HR Business Partner. If you’d like to send us any further details or feedback, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

Would not work for them again
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset15 March 2018
Workers understand what they doing, and very caring for the residents.
Management need to communicate better and change theirl attitude to ward's staff and not be bullies,would be nice to be appreciated by management.
Payment average,you do get lunch on 12 hr and uniform provided.training is on a computer.(which is not always a good training tool if you have learning difficulties)
Pros
Free lunch.uniform, paid breaks
26 March 2018

Hi there, we’re very concerned to read your comments as we have zero tolerance towards bullying, and would encourage any of our employees who experience this to report it immediately. We also recognise the importance of feeling supported and being given feedback around your role. If there’s anything you’d like to discuss with us, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

Great colleagues
Project worker (Former Employee) –  Hampshire28 February 2018
I worked with a fantastic team sadly not enough hours provided to complete tasks as required to complete the job role well. Training provided was ok but travel to and from could become a very long day due to long distances to be travelled to training.
15 March 2018

Thanks for the review, and we’re sorry to read that you felt there weren’t enough hours in a day. We are aware that roles like and similar to a project worker although very rewarding, can sometimes be challenging, and we do know how important it is for our employees to feel supported. Hopefully you were aware of the various types of support available to you during your time with us.

Not so fun work palce
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield21 February 2018
The job is very heavy for a health care assistant. Some staff are not so friendly. Allocation of duties are not fairly distributed to the staffs. Short staffing and poor management techniques.
Pros
Free occassional lunch
Cons
short staffing
28 February 2018

We’re very sorry that you felt this way during your time with us. Building teams with strong working relationships is very important to us, so we will be looking into your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanctuary Group. Our community is ready to answer.