Sanctuary Group Employee Reviews

Disappointing.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Congleton, Cheshire9 April 2018
Very disappointed with my job as a Care Assistant. I have worked in care for 10 years and this is the worst place I have worked. Management is appalling. My shifts seem to change every time I look at the rota, so planning anything outside work is a nightmare. Always understaffed because nobody stays. Silly little rules made up all the time and its hard to keep up with. Staff criticised for anything and everything and never given the praise they deserve, never a thank you. It's a shame as most of the staff here are brilliant and will do whatever they can for anyone.
Cons
Disorganised. Bad management.
18 April 2018

We're very disappointed to hear that your experience with Sanctuary Care wasn't a positive one, and would like to learn more from you, so that we can look into things further. Please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk with more details of your experience. Thanks.

Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Adderbury, Oxfordshire8 April 2018
The only benefit of work here is the salary. But that benefit soon wanes when you realise you will be managed within an inch of your life. Made a countable for every minute you are on site, having to justify every time you need to use the toilet. That aside from the fact the huge errors made on a daily basis. Manages change the goal posts regularly and don’t deal with current issues, taking advantage of the vulnerability of their commodity. System used isn’t fit for purpose, systematic errors on balances, resulting in providing residence incorrect information. No care given to the upset this causes
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poorly managed, system not fit for purpose
16 April 2018

We’re very sorry to learn of the concerns you had during your time with us and that it wasn’t a positive experience for you. We take all feedback from current and former employees seriously and will be looking into your comments further.

Productive work place
Bussines Preformance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wantage6 April 2018
A place where you can test your limits, and get your self in difficult situation.
Working under presure and problem solving and challanging every day.
16 April 2018

Thanks for your review and comments. We hope that you spoke with your line manager if you were feeling under pressure with your workload, as the well-being of all employees is very important to us. We would like you to get in touch if there’s anything you’d like to discuss further with us, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

Residents make the job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield6 April 2018
Worked here for 6 months where I got sacked for too much sickness, staff are brilliant to work with tho there is backstabbing a lot. Management are a shambles and play favourites so if you're not in the management clique you'll be targeted. You're made to work a side on your own which makes moving and handling an issue most of the time. No social life if you work here as always short staffed. Residents are lovely and you can't help living them also food is 100% spot on.
Pros
Residents and staff
Cons
Management and their cliques
16 April 2018

We're very sorry to read your comments as we pride ourselves on the delivery of quality care. We’d like to hear more from you so that we can ensure that we continually develop our services. Please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk so that we can look into things further for you. Thanks.

Would not work for them again
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside6 April 2018
My experience of working for a Sanctuary care home then Embrace was not pleasant. Whilst I enjoyed my job and the residents were lovely. Dreading going every day was a nightmare. Certain bullying staff made my life a misery. Broken wheel chairs which only got cleaned if there was a visit from the manager. A very clicky place. I never received a wage slip and at Xmas found out the £10 allocated to buy each resident a Xmas present had been stopped. I quit. Had enough of being spoken to like a dog. Staff doing 12 hr days had to pay for their lunch. Nothing for residents was free.
Pros
Cons
Staff bullying.
16 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experiences with Sanctuary Care as we pride ourselves on the delivery of quality and safe care to all our residents. We have a zero tolerance towards bullying, and would like to hear more from you. Please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk to discuss your feedback further with us.

management
former employee (Former Employee) –  worcester29 March 2018
Management poor too busy on phones in office.When their was a problem hid away.didnt take any coarse of action when they should have.Felt overworked and underpaid,especially when higher paid staff messed around and couldn't do their job properly.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
3 April 2018

Ensuring our staff feel supported in their role is a priority for us, so it’s very concerning reading your comments. We would always advise any employee who is experiencing issues to discuss them with either a manager or with their HR Business Partner. If you’d like to send us any further details or feedback, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk

Would not work for them again
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset15 March 2018
Workers understand what they doing, and very caring for the residents.
Management need to communicate better and change theirl attitude to ward's staff and not be bullies,would be nice to be appreciated by management.
Payment average,you do get lunch on 12 hr and uniform provided.training is on a computer.(which is not always a good training tool if you have learning difficulties)
Pros
Free lunch.uniform, paid breaks
26 March 2018

Hi there, we’re very concerned to read your comments as we have zero tolerance towards bullying, and would encourage any of our employees who experience this to report it immediately. We also recognise the importance of feeling supported and being given feedback around your role. If there’s anything you’d like to discuss with us, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

Great colleagues
Project worker (Former Employee) –  Hampshire28 February 2018
I worked with a fantastic team sadly not enough hours provided to complete tasks as required to complete the job role well. Training provided was ok but travel to and from could become a very long day due to long distances to be travelled to training.
15 March 2018

Thanks for the review, and we’re sorry to read that you felt there weren’t enough hours in a day. We are aware that roles like and similar to a project worker although very rewarding, can sometimes be challenging, and we do know how important it is for our employees to feel supported. Hopefully you were aware of the various types of support available to you during your time with us.

Not so fun work palce
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield21 February 2018
The job is very heavy for a health care assistant. Some staff are not so friendly. Allocation of duties are not fairly distributed to the staffs. Short staffing and poor management techniques.
Pros
Free occassional lunch
Cons
short staffing
28 February 2018

We’re very sorry that you felt this way during your time with us. Building teams with strong working relationships is very important to us, so we will be looking into your feedback.

a place to work
Supported Living Worker (Current Employee) –  Colchester21 February 2018
no comment. worked here for over 10 years, regrettably changes mean it is time to go. no further comment to make regarding sanctuary supporting living
15 March 2018

We would like to thank you for your commitment to Sanctuary Supported Living over the past 10 years, and are sad to hear that your decision to move on was due to changes. However, in order to progress in an evolving environment changes do sometimes need to be made.

We wish you luck in your future endeavours and if you wish to provide us with any more detailed feedback, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

Awful company, would never work for them again
Accomodation Manager (Former Employee) –  Shropshire14 February 2018
Lack of support from Management, just dumped in and left with no guidance or support. No wider teamwork, cannot even get other departments to answer emails. Staff morale very poor as most are disillusioned with working for the organisation. Staff aren't listened to and their views aren't appreciated.
Lack of training for role and the systems in use, pay does not reflect industry standard.
20 February 2018

We’re very sorry that you had concerns during your time with Sanctuary. We appreciate that staff morale is very important, and we do try to keep this at a high level through our staff engagement, benefits package, and also have various types of support on offer for our staff. During your time with us, you would have been able to discuss these options either with your line manager or with your HR Business Partner. If you’d like to go into any further detail, please send an email to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thanks.

very productive and interesting
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  . 25 Hillyard Street. Brixton SW9 oNJ13 February 2018
Plan the shift Share information . Attend to personal care . escort clients to their appointments
manage telephone calls
activity
environmental check
14 February 2018

Thanks for the overview of your duties! We’re delighted that your time with us was productive.

good
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 February 2018
nice to work for if you are two faced
good salary but be prepared to work 24/7
do not have a social or family life
vut if caring is second nature then this is the job for you
Pros
money
Cons
social life non existent
14 February 2018

We’re sorry that you had some concerns during your time at Sanctuary. If you could send further details to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk, we’ll be able to look into your comments and discuss things with you. Thanks.

Wouldnt recommend
Project Worker (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire4 February 2018
Worked for Sanctuary for two years. Ground staff were great mostly. Management definitely were not. If you're in favour then fine. If you're not then you're in for a bad ride. LSM used bullying tactics and very unprofessional and underhand practices towards staff. If you raised an issue then you were threatened with being placed on probation. Manager facilitated arguments between staff during team meetings and even made inappropriate comments about the area managers sexuality in front of staff.
Pros
Regular wage
Cons
Sanctuary dont declare the tax that you pay. Poor management
15 February 2018

Thank you for your review of your time working for Sanctuary and your feedback as outlined. We were sorry to hear of the concerns that you have and can confirm that diversity is a core value within Sanctuary and we take allegations of bullying and threatening behaviour seriously in line with our Group policies. Last year we launched our ‘Don’t be a Bystander’ campaign with the aim to raise awareness and encourage staff to report and remark or behaviour that disrespects individuals or groups of people in our workplace.

Should you wish to discuss your experience confidentially with a member of the HR team, please do get in touch. Sanctuary deducts tax in line with HRMC guidelines and requirements, therefore should you have any concerns in relation to tax deductions whilst in our employment we would request that you contact a member of the HR Team who will look into this situation for you. Should you wish to provide further feedback we would be happy to listen to your views.

Good team of workmates made the job bearable.
Mobile Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Brighton31 January 2018
Promises of advancement never materialised, little or no incentives given. Very poor or zero communication with management. Unfair distribution of benefits from management to the ordinary worker, ie little or no sick pay, little or no support, felt isolated apart from direct work mates. Generally I thought the only really competent people were on ground level.
Pros
not bad hours
Cons
little or no sick pay, no opportunity for advancement or promotion.
6 February 2018

It’s very concerning that you felt this way during your time with us. We do realise the importance of communication between staff, and ensuring that all our staff feel supported in their role. If you could email some further information to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk so we can look into your comments with you, that would be great.

Fabulous office in cumbernauld and glasgow
Welfare Rights Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow28 November 2017
Had a great team in cumbernauld left because I was relocating. Company weren’t the best in terms of looking after staff, during my time there I saw wage cuts, hour increases and staff benefits all being withdrawn.
My direct management team (who weren’t responsible for these cuts) were great. Approchable and supportive, but like the rest of the staff they were not able to influence the cuts.
Pros
Great team
7 December 2017

We’re sorry that you had some concerns during your time with us. We do strive to ensure our services are efficient and offer value for money, and when changes are required which directly affect our staff, we do consult with those affected and work hard to minimise the negative impact as much as possible. If you’d like to discuss anything further, please send an email to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

Nice residents
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 November 2017
Not a good company to work for promiaes a contract 2 years ago still on zero hours conoany are full of promises but they never happen not appreciated for the hard work you do
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Full of promises that are bever fullfilled
24 November 2017

Hi, we’re very sorry to hear this, and please rest assured that we always want our employees to feel appreciated for the work they’re doing. You can discuss this with your line manager, or you can email us at resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk and we’ll look into it for you. Thanks.

too much work for the hours
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
I thought I was going to clean residents rooms, but found out that I had to get the reception clean first, the dining rooms and lounges, the corridors, and then the residents rooms came last. and I was also told, if the toilet is clean, just give it a quick flush and go. you basically have no time to clean the rooms properly, you are the only cleaner on your floor and there are 30 rooms to clean. if you there full time you can do it. I was there part time and was rushing all the time. you cant do the job properly part time, as well as all the extra jobs they expect you to do. And the HR department is a joke. Takes them too long to get records updated. Do not work there. I needed the work, but I couldn't take it any more and left. Also the cleaners are on rota as well as the carers, if you don't work on a bank holiday, they take the day off your holiday entitlement.
Pros
free lunch if you are full time
Cons
too much work if you only do part time
24 November 2017

We’re very sorry that you didn’t enjoy your time with us, and that your role wasn’t as expected. We will be taking your feedback on board as we aim to provide all our staff with the support they need to thrive. If you’d like to send us any further information, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

okay place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wantage, Oxfordshire9 November 2017
worked here for nearly 1 1/2 years, staff are friendly, residents are friendly could have asked for any more out of a workplace free lunch is given when working a 12 hours shift
24 November 2017

Thanks for leaving a review of your time with Sanctuary Care.

Good
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset7 November 2017
Good. Nice place to work, friendly and great. Learning and course available, great environment to be in and work in. Great team work, stunning views .
Pros
Free lunch
24 November 2017

Thanks for the review, we’re glad you enjoyed working at Sanctuary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanctuary Group. Our community is ready to answer.