Sanctuary Care
Coronavirus update

Sanctuary Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom182 reviews
Featured review
Sanctuary Care selected this as a representative review
I am amazed at how quick I was able to start work. I have loved every minute I have worked for the company and feel valued and supported. I do not plan on leaving any time soon!
Pros
free lunch, supportive staff and manager, free training
Cons
no air con
29 April 2019
Thanks for the five star review and it’s great that you’re enjoying your time and feeling supported. Hopefully it will be the start of a long career with Sanctuary Care!
I’m absolutely appalled by my experience at Yarnton Care Home. Couldn’t take it anymore, after a week. Had I seen the place before I started, I would never have accepted the job. It’s miserable. Unfortunately, I was interviewed over the phone so never had the chance to see the home beforehand. Staff constantly look miserable and it’s clear to see why. My supervisor was rude and behaved like a bully. I was thrown in at the deep end without any formal training, despite repeatedly asking about it. I did my best with what I could but got shouted at by the supervisor. The place was an absolute state. No standards whatsoever. Walls and floors very grotty. Windows filthy, windowsills covered with dead flies, cobwebs and spiders in every corner, lumps of faeces on bedroom floors, yellow contaminated waste bags left stinking in bathrooms, faeces and urine all over bathrooms, fixtures and fittings loose and broken and potentially dangerous. If written records are accurate, some rooms and communal areas go for well over a week without being cleaned. No respect for staff or residents. Carers were sat around on their phones most of the time, rather than seeing to residents. Manager was a tyrant. Everything I was promised two months before I started was reneged on and the blame was turned on me. I had informed them of my situation and what I was looking for from this job (ie. shift patterns, work life balance etc) right from the beginning and was told this was fine but it was ignored by the manager. Her convenient excuse was that it wasn’t in her interview notes but I did inform them early - more...
Cons
It was really easy to work there. There were long hours in the afternoon were you didn't have anything to do. The team was ok and the salary was the minimum. For living at Ocford wasn't enough a part time job and 8.72 pound the hour.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Lack of management
10 July 2020
Thank you for your review. Sanctuary Care benchmarks pay rates regularly to ensure that we are consistent with the surrounding geography depending on job function. We value the work of all of our employees and appreciate that the role does require long working hours, this can benefit many of our employees where they can have a more flexible approach to work / life balance, allowing them to more days available to spend with their families. Thank you
I absolutely love my job. I felt part of the team from the minute I started working at Bradwell court, the residents are all lovely and the home is well lead, the management team are fantastic and all the staff are working for the same goal which is the health and happiness of the residents in our care. Would not want to work anywhere else. Lovely friendly place to work. Feel valued
Pros
Lovely atmosphere and lovely home
Cons
Cant fault anything
10 July 2020
Thank you for providing feedback of your experience working at Bradwell Court, it's encouraging to read that you value your management and work colleagues, and that you are all working towards the same goal of providing outstanding care to our residents.
Very clicky place to work. Favourites are advanced while hardworker s are pushed aside. Was not paid my owing annual leave twice. Derogatory comments made towards about my family by management. A written reported case of physical abuse about a staff member was brushed aside as a misunderstanding. Very nasty atmosphere to work in, bullying is open and management aren't prepared to deal with it.
Pros
Easy to commute to
Cons
Long hoirs, unpaid breaks, no frer lunch
10 July 2020
Thank you for your leaving a review of your experience of working for Sanctuary Care. We are committed to providing an outstanding level of care to our residents and any report of abuse is taken very seriously and investigated fully by management and appropriate action is taken, as is any allegations of abuse. We would like to know more about the unpaid annual leave and understand why this happened, can you please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-care.co.uk and a member of the team will get back to you. Thank you.
At Breme in bromsgrove we have great management support and we all work as a team with our goal of providing quality of life for all or residents. I love my job it's stressful but very rewarding
Pros
You are part of a team
Cons
It can be very stressful
10 July 2020
Thank you for leaving a review about your experience of working for Sanctuary Care. It is great to read that you enjoy your job and feel supported by your managers, and its clear to see that you understand the companies aim to provide an outstanding level of care to our residents.
I started at Bradwell court in April this year, I would not like to work anywhere else , since I started I have had all the support I needed, staff are brilliant to work with. The management team are very friendly and approachable and always there if I needed to ask anything nothing is too much. All staff in the building give 💯 to every resident in the home. The care is outstanding and every resident matter's which is the most important thing.
Pros
Brilliant Company to work for, and brilliant team of staff
Cons
Just awful, avoid at all costs. Residents left to fend for themselves due to management refusing to staff to appropriate levels .
No professional behaviour from dept heads.

Looks nice but it's all an illusion.
Pros
Some lovely staff and residents.
Cons
Management are shocking. If the relatives really knew what was going on they would be horrified.
10 July 2020
Thank you for your review. Sanctuary Care endeavours to provide an outstanding level of care to our residents, and to do this we ensure that all homes are staffed appropriately depending on the number of residents. Staff and management are always available to speak to relatives to discuss any concerns they may have. We would like to know more about your individual experience if you could please contact resourcing.team@sanctuary-care.co.uk Thank you.
I have worked here for so many years with progression being one of my goal, however, there seems to be bad politics happening within the management as they would not support you and provide you with relevant trainings for you to develop. Some good staff are leaving because they were not given the chance to assume more responsibility and to take on a new role as a senior. I guess Hatfield Nursing Home will continue to lose excellent staff who have the potential to be someone that can make a good and positive difference if they will just ignore the staff who is more than willing to progress.
Pros
good building facilities, lovely residents
Cons
No free food, no career progression, poor scheduling of shifts, heavy workload
9 June 2020
Thank you for taking to the time to leave a review. Sanctuary Care encourages all staff that demonstrate the right skills, behaviours and values to progress their career within the organisation. We offer a range of internal training opportunities and have made significant internal promotions of care staff over the past year. We do not always have roles available for staff to progress in to, and we do loose some very good staff who then progress outside of the organisation. We would like to speak to you further about your individual experience and where further improvements can be made to our internal promotion process, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk Thank you.
I've worked there for 3 years. Good team, good salary, awards, supportive management, many training, good care to residents. I would be still there, but left London
19 May 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your time working for Sanctuary Care, and we wish you luck with your future career plans.
As a nurse at the home I worked in was very happy in my role until Sanctuary took over! Management very poor! Bullying culture management quite openly allowed this ! Deputy manager little experience talking to nurses as if something she had stood on! Staff exhausted and stressed! Working through all breaks not paid for them! Leaving late no extra pay! If part time expected to pick up extra shifts no enhancement!
19 May 2020
We appreciate your time in leaving a review and sorry to hear that your experience with Sanctuary Care has not been a positive one so far. We have a zero tolerance policy to bullying and encourage any employee that witnesses this to report to a HR Business Partner or Line Manager. Whilst we do not pay our employees for breaks, we do not expect them to be on shift during this time. Extra shifts are offered to part time workers, where there is a mutual agreement, these are paid at the standard rate for the role and home. All of our management appointments go through a rigorous recruitment and selection process to ensue that they have the right values and levels of experience. We would be keen to understand more on where you have had to work late and not been paid, can you please email us directly at resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk where we can investigate further. Thank you.
The most enjoyable part of my work experience was interacting with the service users,being able to make them smile, getting them a cup of tea or just by talking to them
30 April 2020
Thank you for leaving this lovely review. We are pleased you enjoyed your time working for Sanctuary Care and it sounds like our residents made you smile just as much as you made them smile :) We wish you well. Thank you.
Discriminating, rude and an evil company to work for, i feel for the residents as the cqc is shockingly rubbish, Ill never work for them again braking data protection and company policy's to suit them.
30 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are really concerned to read some of your comments. Sanctuary Care take discrimination very serious and employees are advised to speak to their manager or HR representative if they witness any discriminatory behaviour, as we also do for any breaches in data protection. Our current CQC rating for all homes is good and we are working hard to improve the standards on those homes that have fallen slightly below. We would like the opportunity to speak further to you about your experience with us. Please do get in touch so we can look into this further by sending an email to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you
It can be fun and rewarding. Colleagues are supportive but management approach is extremely confusing and toxic at times with information being withheld and communication discouraged. I feel I have picked up more bad habits and corner -cutting than any training. Everything is a box-ticking exercise for the inspectors and are mostly fabricated. Its soul-destroying. I know when the microwave has not been cleaned but the paperwork says it has. The fingerprint recognition clocking-in is awful, it works occasionally.
22 April 2020
Thank you for leaving your comments, Sanctuary Care strive to provide a thorough Induction for all new staff and provide on going training to further develop skills, if you would like to discuss your comments further please contact resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk
Working weekends, Bank Holidays not ideal for someone who has young family and goes to church Sundays. Friendly staff approachable management. Good wage for the job but disgusting for what they expect.
22 April 2020
Than you for leaving a review, we appreciate that the nature of working in the Care Industry is a 24 hour service can mean working unsociable hours. If you would like to discuss your comments further please contact resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk
Dont work for this company.
Continual bullying & clicks amongst day staff. Management offer no support & turn blind eye to problems.

Staff are pressurised to work heavy loads. No application shown.
20 April 2020
We’re very sorry to read your review , we strive to ensure all employees are happy at work , and we have zero tolerance towards bullying in the workplace. Please email us with some information so that we can look into this: resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.
Progression is almost impossible, or takes years.
It is not person centered for staff

Colleagues are lovely, but it is ruined by stress and under staffed
20 April 2020
Thank you for your review, and we're sorry that your experience was not satisfactory while working for us. Sanctuary Care strives to achieve a high proportion of internal progressions and we support our workforce to gain new skills. If you would like to expand on your comments please email us at resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk Thank you.
Management are a bunch of liars, they promise you so much when you first staff but do not deliver. Constantly under staffed, and not given correct training, but then when you get something wrong, it’s your problem no one else’s, but if the right training was given it could have been prevented. Staff are all rude and two faced. Doesn’t matter how much you help out no one remembers! Also they never pay you right
20 April 2020
Sanctuary Care are committed to nurturing and investing in our staff, making sure you feel appreciated and supported, but it doesn't sound as if you had this experience and we would like to find out more about this.
Management seem to act on poor staff performance. Lovely residents and some nice staff too, In a really beautiful building.
Residents are well cared for and the staff work well together. All staff are treated fairly, doesn’t seem to be any favouritism or cliques.
20 April 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review, and we're pleased you are enjoying your time working for Sanctuary Care.
Absolutely loved working here until the last few months...management dont address issues, definitely no equality for some carers, some have set hours and floors, others gap fillers...desperate for staff but unwilling to support good staff for fear of upsetting the favourites...such a shame as sanctuary actually really good employer....
20 April 2020
Hi, we are really sorry that you felt like this whilst working for us. Sanctuary Care takes equality in the work place very seriously, If you would like to expand on your comments please email us at resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk Thank you.
20 April 2020
We are really sorry that you felt like this whilst working for us. Sanctuary Care takes equality in the work place very seriously. If you would like to expand on your comments please email us at resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Thank you.
Worst company I have ever worked for. No appreciation, managers need more training. The work that has to be done is horrendous, feels never ending, no support or anything given to help staff. Managers would rather see you work on your own Than to call someone in to help
20 April 2020
Thank you for your review, and we are sorry that your experience was not satisfactory while working for us. Sanctuary Care values all stuff and recognise the amazing job they do caring for our residents, and we do have a number of reward schemes available to recognise that great work. If you would like to expand on your comments please email us at resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk Thank you.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanctuary Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8