Samworth Brothers Employee Reviews

Postbake
Operative (Former Employee) –  Walker20 August 2018
If you willing to be a robot, this is the job for you! Management is of Zero standard. The work is really intensive. The job you do will make you realise every penny you earn. Management will just treat you like slaves and will take advantages of your needs. Disgrace to a wonderful business Samworth Brothers has.
Pros
Pay and job security
Cons
Way too many to list. Its just not the good place to be.
productive
Food Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Leicestershire6 August 2018
You do the same thing every day. I'm not enjoying the workplace. Good place to work if you do not have a problem with a cold environment. its a nice multicultural place to work.
Deapatch
picking and packing (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray30 July 2018
I have loving my job was a so good the time i have been working there was for a 5 years my job i was like it som much people i been working whit was a so good all i can say was a so good to work as a team
Pros
Py for it
Cons
Only 8
Worst job ever
Van Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thames Valley17 July 2018
Long hours not the pay that was advertised much less. Trainer was a proper numbnuts. Have to load your own van stuff is always missing. Then you go out and do massive routes. When you get back you have to count all stock in back of van do your banking then make your order for following days. Absolutely rubbish job staff in the morning don't want to know it's every man for himself. You have been warned!!!!!!
Avoid at all costs
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Launceston, Cornwall9 June 2018
The factory in Launceston is a dying business. Machinery is constantly breaking down and production plans are never completed. Management don't listen to their staff and ignore all suggestions, then when one of them suggests it it's suddenly a brilliant idea.
Poor managment,staff treated poorly,all unpaid breaks,premiums double time etc all being reduced or done away with
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Launceston, Cornwall7 June 2018
Absolutely awful company to work for.Losing money most weeks and of course it's the fault of the low paid workers, who have already had most of the benefits they once had taken away. New management team in place has resulted in sickness levels spiralling and people leaving in numbers.It is now an awful environment and factory to work in.Stay well clear if you value your health.
Pros
Work colleagues at shop floor level
Cons
Just about everything but mainly the clueless managment
ProdI rove and fun
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire1 June 2018
Had a great time working there, nice people and the hours were not too stressful. I made new friends and learned a lot of new skills which I am very greatful for.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Leicester28 March 2018
good hours,good payment,good managment,good managment and helpful,i really loved to work there,good payment for the amount of work,i recomend to everyone
Production
Line Operative (Former Employee) –  Cobden Street/& Beaumont Leys3 January 2018
Friendly atmosphere, able to work the hours i need, helpful when needed,easy to commute, transport laid on for Beaumont Leys canteen toilet breaks when needed
Production
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 December 2017
I like to work with samworth brothers.
There is a lots of opportunities.
Pension scheme is good.
Salary aswell is very gud.
Managment and senior teams have a greats ideas.
Pros
Free launches
Good solid organisation
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire21 November 2017
Samworth are a good Company to work for and i have enjoyed a solid eight years. The work has become a bit repetitive and there is little or no career advancement.
The culture while still good is changing. There have been great opportunities to work on large project and implement new technology. The rate of turnover of managers can be a challenge but the hardest part of the role is attracting good up and coming talent to the engineering team.
The people within an organisation always makes it what it is and there are plenty of good talented people working for this Business.
Pros
Well Managed Business with significant investment
Cons
A complex operational business.
work. work. work. No end!
Operative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont Leys22 September 2017
Not a nice company to work anymore. There are NO opportunity given. You are just a number there. Freezing cold standing all day, 1 break of 30 minutes. Also payment deduct for the break. No human values .
Pros
Nothing is free.Even charge for medical insuranse
Cons
Freezing cold
Line Picker (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire30 August 2017
Samworth Brothers are specialize in the production of fresh chilled food. I have been working there for a months time and it was nice even though I felt always so cold which was one of the main reason why I have left the job because the production and distribution of the products were always in really cold areas.
Used to be Decent, been going down hill over the past 2 years.
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire20 August 2017
At first, working here was fine, apart from a handful of obnoxious people; I didn't have any trouble... then the new contract happened.

We lost a break time, overtime pay rates have been reduced and will be nonexistant in 2018, all premiums have gone or are going and just today I learned that their next target is Bank Holidays and worse; they plan on making us work on Christmas day with no choice in the matter!

It's bad enough we practically work every day over the festive period... but now we're not going to get to enjoy the endgame of it either. Time to start looking for a new job I think.
Pros
Wages are getting better
Cons
Every benefit that was in place is now gone or going.
production operative
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 August 2017
Enjoy working with the team as production operative, safe and good working environment, having a good team work. good management facility for all the employees.
Pros
clean and hygine canteen facility
Cons
hour
Ok job pays the billls
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire25 July 2017
Poor communication between departments.

Over worked, Under valued

No matter how much work i do doesn't feel good enough for management.

Other shifts get looked after better with finish times.

Petty arguments between Team Leaders.

New machinery and tools always break.

My Team Leader worked his socks off and looked after me, always made sure i had PPE and my breaks. He did alot while other Team Leaders did nothing and got more praise.
Pros
My Team Leader
Cons
PM shift gets overworked
Fun and ejoyable
Van Sales Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Callington3 July 2017
It is a very rewarding place to work. They look after staff that work hard and professionally. There are great opportunities to advance to what ever level you want.
Pros
Profit share scheeme
Cons
early starts
Efficient and people orientated
Production Director (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire29 June 2017
Samworth Brothers is a very people orientated business, one of very few large bmulti site business which is still owned by a family and very well invested.
Despatch Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray17 June 2017
Very long hours of work up to 16 hrs shifts. No respect from higher management. They don't care about employees only what matters is if you can do more and more every day.
Pros
Discounted meals from canteen
Cons
Long hours up to 16 hrs shifts
Productive and fun workplae
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Weybridge, Surrey28 May 2017
I looking for another job,because i want to try something new-another place which I can receive chance to grow up and when i show my potential to receive something more like higher position or increasing my salary,because when you are good and when you give 100% every time, you will deserve more.
Pros
Doesn't mutter
Cons
I prefer to work more hours, but only at day time