Samsung Electronics

Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

United Kingdom161 reviews
This job was very enjoyable and the job was great . I worked in two departments microwaves and computer monitors both were very simple jobs and easy to do .
The Korean Leadership dictates every decision made, which is normally based on an opinion, not research or data or what the consumer wants.

The culture is toxic, with mental health being severe there. People collapsing at the desks, panic attacks. If you can't take the heat, they pay you off and replace you. It is all very easy for them, not for the person working there.

Expect calls on Friday's asking for work to be completed by Monday 9am.

Expect no flexibility.

Expect to be spoken to contempt and for that to be accepted.
For those willing to work hard as a productive member of a team, this is the company to join.
Not so for individual entrepreneurial types.

Great people and highly dedicated management.

You will meet and be run by people you will find easy to respect.
Pros
Good people, capable maagement
Cons
Long hours, team values over individual ones.
Me deja expresar la mala experiencia de trabajar en Samsung
Pros
Muchos
Cons
Mucho trabajo por la paga
Samsung ~ Great company to work for, people are always helpful, no two days are the same and you get a lot of support and encouragement to learn, onsite and off.
Great bonus scheme

Hardest part was being made redundant after 8 years
Busy, fast paced, great opportunities, great management.
good team environment and collaboration.

interesting projects to work on and cross collaboration with teams
Learning from the best people
Multi cultural environment

Cutting edge tech

Great salary and benefits - in line with market rate

Free parking

Heavily subsidised canteen onsite
I feel proud working with samsung from last 6 & half years. I want continue working with samsung out of india so please give me a chance to proof my self in Uk
Thanks
Great company but perday wage low an commission is low training is amazing still needs work on wage structure as other brands pay more overall lg and sony pay £90 perday and £15-20 per tv sold
A phenomenal start to my proper working life. The job taught me discipline and how to deal with customers daily whatever their problem or query. I enjoyed it thoroughly as I am passionate about mobile technology. Acquired great knowledge of using till points and dealing with high-value transactions. I also dealt quite a lot with more personal tech queries, something I enjoyed since I could take a seat with my usual customers and continue helping them long after I have sold them something. Great technical knowledge gained from this role, which can be transferred to other jobs in the future.
In my time with Samsung I learned a huge amount about Technology, particularly as this company provides excellent training Online & Group training, it is a fast paced business and sometimes challenging but rewarding.
Pros
Amazing opportunity
Cons
Contract work
Great job with plenty of opportunities for progression. Pay is good and the environment is good. Management is spot on and plenty of support and training is provided.
A fantastic 3 years spent here. Much experience and exposure. Challenging but rewarding role. Will be sorry to go and hope to work with the team in the future.
Was a great place to work and gain experience into how a large organisation operates from the selling point of view. Also very collaborative and enthusiastic. You have to allow yourself to enjoy the competition and know how to build reliable relationships whilst working there to secure sales when you are out of work.
The training was good the support was there from Co worker's not so much from management
The role was full on their was lots to do in a day and reports to write on everything

I was told I had a permanent position but they got rid of the photography department and deleted my role making me redundant, I was not helped to find another
Usually busy lots going on. Exiting when new products came out and good to see how they performed verses the predictions. Sometimes communication between head office and local offices was not so good.
Pros
subsidised products and lunches
The digital team isnt as digital/tech as youd think. Samsung has an issue with ways of working and processes.

Doesnt encourage flexible/remote working
Fun and high pace work environment
Can be too reactive

Induction programs and training needs improving

A lot is expected but without the right foundation

Teams are friendly and easy to get on with
Innovative company to work for working with cutting edge new technology for Uk and Europe Customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be part of the team which is bringing new technology to people.
hard working, at the beginning time, I need to work for 15, 18 hours a day.
but it's getting better now.

there are inefficient too many reports to your boss and many and complicated internal stakeholders
Quite a good experience i wouldnt lnoe where to begin the experience was good however quite to start a new job.I did enjoy my time working for sucha reputable company