Saltire Facilities Management

Saltire Facilities Management Employee Reviews

Made a fortune here but since the company take over and NLC attitude it ruined me. Managers and staff all good guys just the work load and snagging killed my enthusiasm. If your money oriented I'd highly recommend working here but if you just want to do your job and go home dont bother.
Pros
Money, work mates
Cons
Work load snagging North Lanarkshire council paperwork
Good company to work for. Great communication with on going works/furlough. Management very honest and fair. I really enjoyed working for saltire facilities
Pros
free fruit
Cons
Recently let go by saltire after the spark whom I was paired up with was never on time some days wouldn't even turn up. I was put in a position whether to report this to management which would lead to uncomfortable work situations on a daily situation as I'd still be paired with the same spark and he would envy me for reporting him for his late-comings so no matter if I was performing the job to a high standard, never mind competent, the spark would turn around and say I wasn't performing to the standard and this would lead to my departure anyway. Was really enjoying work with this company but unfortunately cut so short. What disappointed me is I wasn't allowed to argue the point I've presented here today. I chose to give the spark benefit of doubt and didn't report it which later led to me on the end of a phone call no one wants to have. For not following procedure that I wasn't made aware of, no procedure about what to do when your partner doesn't collect you or answer your messages for days on end. Was really enjoying work with this company but unfortunately cut so short. What disappointed me is I wasn't allowed to argue the point I've presented here today.
If you fit in your good Worked here 8 years. It was great to start then it began to become who you knew not what you knew.. started family members of employees then long serving staff were forgot about
Typical day at work helping customers when they are having a terrible day. I have learned a lot working with saltire, gas boiler repairs, new installations etc. The management could have been any nicer to all the staff. lots of friendly faces without the work force, always made everyone feel welcome and always gave a helping hand. Hardest part of the job was dealing with very angry customers. Going to work everyday was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Hours Lunch & Breaks