Salix Homes Employee Reviews

Taken for granted
Tenancy Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester18 April 2018
If you're hard working expect to be taken for granted. Although they promote a work/life balance this is not true. Extremely busy every day, staff are really hard working but not appreciated.
ok
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester20 September 2017
I was only here temporarily but everyone was friendly and helpful.
the flexible hours were good and the team worked well together. There seemed to be a lot of staff changes though
Neighbourhood Officer (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester17 August 2017
A lot of change has happened within the organisation and I left as I felt it was the right time to do so. Would go back again as I feel they are a very good organised workforce
Excellent employer with good prospects
Housing Officer (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester21 January 2017
Really enjoyed working for this company. From top of the tree down there is an open door policy. Everyone is friendly and approachable. the great thing about this type of job is no two days are the same. great training and you are in charge of your own personal development. The only people who never got on were the people who buried their head in the sand. Read the short book "Who moved my cheese" sums it up. you have to change and go with the flow.
I enjoyed the flexible working hours and the work life balance is excellent but you have to make it work,
I took early retirement to live in the sun but I take lot of skills and happy memories of some lovely people with me.
GO FOR IT you will not be disappointed.
Pros
Flexi time and personal development
Cons
vexatious tenants who never moved from POOR ME
this was an ok company to work for
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 January 2017
this was a good place to work the management and work peers where spot on an helped me settle in quickly i only left because i had to leave the city to come back to liverpool
Excellent, supportive and friendly company to work for
Neighbourhood Manager (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester29 December 2016
Fast paced working environment with two days never the same. Very supportive management and staff who strive to improve the lives of their customers. Excellent work ethic with development support in place if required.
Enjoyable and interesting place to work. New things to learn and colleagues very helpful.
Building services surveyor (Former Employee) –  Salford7 September 2016
Managing the day to day issues with both the domestic and commercial gas contracts and electrical periodic testing.Making sure the kpi's are met and the quality of work is maintained to the standard required by carrying out both post and in progress audits. Assisting with the legionella, booster pumps and metering upgrade contracts.
Managing the costs and making sure they stay within budget, producing reports for senior managers and board reports.
Assisting and advising co workers on improvement and investment projects.
The hardest part of the job is explaining to our customers that it is not the company's policy or due time to carryout the works requested.
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with a good professional and amusing team.
Pros
Good work life balance and working with great collegues
Cons
None.
An invaluable experience
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Salford25 July 2016
During my eight years of working for Salix Homes no working day was the same. Reception, call centre and neighbourhood duties, all varied. I learnt how to understand people, to empathise, to share. Especially not to judge, but to put myself in their shoes. I worked under two great line managers, with whom I'm became dear friends not just work colleagues. The hardest part of the job for me was trying to deal with customers just as the computer system fails. Its was really embarrassing, as it made us look incompetent, but technology being what it is, occasional failures were bound to occur. The most enjoyable part was seeing tenants outside of working hours, conversing as friends. That to me was special. It was a sad parting of the ways, leaving Salix Homes, not least because I still think of those with whom I worked with as friends. To work for Salix Homes is akin to working within a close family.
Pros
Development programmes for all staff
Cons
Dealing with the Occasional abusive tenant
good place to work
Rent Arrears Officer (Former Employee) –  Salford11 April 2016
i enjoyed working for Salix homes however this was only on a temp contract so it did come to an end, management are good here and actually care about the staff. would go back if given the chance
Pros
flexiable working
Cons
none?
salix homes
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salford21 February 2016
I have enjoyed my apprenticeship at Salix homes. and believe I have gained knowledge and skills in various areas. including communication, I.T, working as part of a team, planning and multi tasking.

unfortunately there are no current opportunities for me to continue my employment as the company is going through a re-structure.
Pros
salix provided me with a varied amount of training
Cons
aprenticeship over too soon
Salix Homes is an all round good Employer to work for
1st Response Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central21 February 2016
Salix Homes is a very good Employer, training is always on hand to improve services and my own personal growth. The shifts I worked was very suiting to me, a 4 on 4 off which enabled me to have a lot of time at home with my personal life, the salary was very good, and all my colleagues was great to work with.
Pros
a lot of training
Cons
12 hour shifts sometimes feel very long
Good
Management and Leasehold Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salford5 February 2016
Liked working great team shame it was temp
Management was brilliant and I worked great in the small team would like to have stayed if perm
Pros
Team
Cons
HR/Resourcing Specialist - Salix Homes (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Salford16 December 2014
Salix Homes is a brilliant and caring company that looks after it's employees and encourages career progression through training and development. The benefits of the company are excellent, and the flexibility to encourage work/life balance are amazing.
Pros
Flexible Working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salix Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Salix Homes Reviews by Location