Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Better than most other hospital trusts.
Clinical Support Worksr (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester25 January 2019
Started at Salford Royal as a Clinical Support Worker in an acute ward setting. I enjoyed the varied and warm feel to the initial training courses but things became so disorganised from HR management that I ended up leaving in the end. We were passed from pillar to post with no clear direction or sense of leadership. Training staff didn’t know what we were supposed to be doing most days and this led to a great deal of confusion amongst trainee staff. I felt disappointed that an Outstanding Trust couldn’t prioritise our workload effectively and that nobody from management knew what we were supposed to be doing. My colleagues were great and very accommodating. Don’t get me wrong I saw some evidence of outstanding patient care but the bureaucracy, red tape and governmental targets lay down on the majority clinical staff wore me down eventually. My advice is this: if you are going into healthcare understand that you cannot always deliver the service you aspire to under budget cuts and meddling middle management.
Pros
Great colleagues, professional environment, some lovely patients
Cons
Long hours, disorganised training, poor communication
Great Company
SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Salford, UK12 December 2018
terrible salary for the skill set, including on call, routinely worked a lot more than what I had to.
The job itself wasn't too bad, but very hard to do with bad management who don't care one bit abut patient care but more abut stats
good patient care
ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manchester31 October 2018
learned a lot of new skills (they offer a number of courses)
good benefits for NHS staff including post work exercise classes
very good patient care
supportive culture for staff and patients
Toxic environment
Clinical suppprt (Former Employee) –  Salford royal20 September 2018
Awful place to work!!!!!! Put so many women in one place and it's like working in purgetry The nastyness and toxic behaviour makes it an awful place to work. Poor management C2,B8 l4 and A&E have clicks and the management is terrible they tell you if you have an issue to approach them and they will at least try and resolve ant issue YES if it's trivial and even then nothing's done for example a a change of the Rota or if you need a day of due to family issues they make it hard work for you. There's a big bullying culture on C2 L4 and B8. Mainly between the support staff they do nothing but back stab and bully. I've witnessed terrible unprofessional behaviour in the work place such as support staff moaning about patients relatives, calling patients that they deem to be hard work (This would be because the patient may press the buzzer more than what the staff would like, (twice in half an hour tends to annoy the support staff) taking into consideration these people have had brain injuries) I've also witnessed patients tell other staff or myself they've been left for that long they have actually urinated themselfs. All in all toxic place to work with alot of staff being totally innapropriate and unprofessional
Pros
The patients
Cons
staff and management
Toxic place to work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester25 May 2018
Poor attitude, lack of respect and consideration from management towards staff, especially new members. Training poor and many unhelpful, uncaring staff from management through to colleagues.
Pros
flexible working and good rate of pay
Cons
Management and miserable staff
Enjoyable, friendly, professional.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester9 April 2018
When working as a support worker it was amazing as the people I cared for was lovely and made the work place a better place to be. I loved every day of working there.
Pros
Liked making the patients happy by having someone to talk to.
Cons
Long hours.
Poor management and toxic culture
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester1 April 2018
Poor treatment of staff - no discussion or notice when important changes are to occur. Criticized unfairly and disrespected. Bullying culture. No regard for the impact of their negative treatment of the staff.
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Poor working atmosphere
Overworked, underpaid
Clinical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Salford22 October 2017
I joined Salford Royal believing the CQC report of it being an "outstanding" hospital that would offer me personal and professional development. However, you are very limited as to what you can do as a band 2, you are told there are opportunities for career progression however this seems to be on a "if your face fits" basis - which mine didn't. The wagers were low unless you picked up weekend or night work. Majority of staff seem to be middle aged women who moan about anything and everything. Management was unsupportive. Took me 7 months to obtain a car parking space. I would never go back to this place again!
Pros
weekend/night pay enhancements.
Cons
long hours, low pay, no progression, unsupportive management. horrendous car parking. the list goes on!
Terrible management
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester17 October 2017
Overworked, understaffed, underappreciated and underpaid should be SRFT's replacement for the words "safe, clean, personal" that they have plastered around the place. Wards severely understaffed on regular basis, staff moral low due to management offering no support and always trying to make staff feel guilty for having time off due to sickness, the irony comes in the form of that this is a hospital so of course staff are going to get Ill. The wage is appalling for the amount of work that you have to do and the physical and emotional stress that you endure.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Pros
Meeting lovely people
Cons
Management, wages, workload
Dont waste your time
HR (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2017
poor management, poor training, no teamwork, too many people in the same room...always eating lunch next to my keyboard as no kitchen facilities provided...very high staff turnover....
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management and no training

Want to know more about Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust?

Ask a question
Organised and Great Team
Assistant Practioner (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester24 August 2017
Prep and run various clinics.
Perform a wide variety of tests.
I have learned a lot more of how to be organised and keep things in order.
Great team work.
The long travelling time is hard now I have a family.
I love the patients and the people I work with.
I enjoy the responsibilities I have in my job.
Pros
Lovely collegues
Cons
Too far to travel now I have a family
awful manager
IT (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester17 August 2017
terrible salary for the skill set, including on call, routinely worked a lot more than what I had to, but this was irrelevant as my face didn't fit.
Terrible head of service delivery that constantly picked and looked for faults even though I was the hardest working member of the team as my stats proved.
queue system for progression, amount of work done not relevant, more a case of if you were pally with certain people.
Pros
wasn't stuck in office
Cons
lazier people whos face fits do better
used to be a better job than it is now
NHS Driver (Former Employee) –  Salford20 May 2017
This review is reflective of times gone by. was a good company, respectable job with excellent work life balance. I am not led to believe it is still like this after some privitisation has taken place
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester16 May 2017
There were too many people in one room.
The disturbances were continous all day long.
The concentration levels were nil and consequently mistakes were made.
Food would be eaten at the desk tops and smells developed.
The noise was loud all the time.
Students would sit around waiting to be taken to their next placement.
This was not an office situation.

The hardest part of the job was getting the work done under severe noise levels and poor managment supervision.

My Manager would continually ask me why had I not done this and that and I explained I could not hear myself think and my workload was massive but I persevered and they would not let me go somewhere quieter to get the job done.
Poor staff ratio
Sister (Former Employee) –  Swinton, Greater Manchester30 April 2017
Very busy work environment, poor staff support in community setting. Problems not taken seriously such as short staffing levels. Blame culture exists with a culture of bring solutions not problems however often the solution requires in put from higher management.

I loved my job at SRFT however 60 plus hour weeks mostly unpaid took its toll.
Pros
Car scheme
Cons
Poor staffing
Fun good
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester19 March 2017
Good working place,long hours although good pay scale and holiday allowance good pension nice clean environment good shops for dinner no discount though
Fun workplace
Personal Assistant to Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Salford17 February 2017
Arranging interview panels, speaking to members of the public one minute then speaking to professors and consultants. Varied job role and there was always something to do.
Analyst Developer (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester9 February 2017
Hard place to work but my colleagues make it worthwhile. Plenty of opportunities for self development. Salford Royal are very progressive and are a major driving force in advancing an improved NHS.
Role changed
Clerical Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 December 2016
A very varied job role that evolves over the years but due to cut backs by the government I now look after three departments and cover for a fourth department when their clerk is off for annual leave or sickness . Two much work for one clerk but not enough to employ a second clerk so pay overtime to other clerks. A lot of long term staff have left my original department.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Poor training
Support Secretary (Former Employee) –  Salford26 October 2016
Always busy, plenty of opportunity to learn. Too much management. Members of staff very helpful. Pressure of work due to staff shortage. Satisfaction knowing that you have been able to help members of the public.
Pros
Good for opportunity
Cons
Not enough staff