Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Plumber
unfortunately for the work undertaken on a daily basis the wage is far to low. When the pay was mentioned to management and team leader of the plumbers they would try to belittle the job role and the plumbers responsibility’s as not worthy of a higher wage. The managers and team leaders of the plumbing department under value and vastly under appreciate the role of the plumbers within the hospital
proactive friendly
everyone in the work place was very kind and friendly and everyone gets on really well . the staff made me feel very welcomed and made me feel a lot less nerves than what i was
Bullying managers
Childrens services
Some managers are yes people who do anything to progress themselves

Culture of bullying

Unsupportive of reported bullying issues

Experience not valued

Roles changed without consultation
Toxic Environment
Environment on Critical Care is toxic. Senior nurses like to humiliate you in front of other staff. The team of (8 or 9) Matrons have no continuity in management style and treat people very differently according to popularity. They also like to manipulate their off duty to allow themselves and each other to pick up the highly sought after NHSP shifts at weekends. Certain matrons are bullies and are allowed to get away with behaviour because senior managers are frightened to do anything about it. It is a problem which has been going for a long time !!!

Working on CCU at SRFT is just a popularity contest in my eyes and one I am relieved to be out of.
Poor hospital to work for the line managers are bullies in certain areas of the hospital would not recommend srft to work for your face has to fit poor
They like yes people. They want people to ignore the fact they are understaffed and just do the job at hand. The patients are not the main focus the paperwork is. Such a shame as the place used to be a nice place to work now it’s run a as business and money making scheme. It’s sad really. Too many management and not enough front line staff.
Calming and inviting workplace
I volunteered with St Georges Day Centre for a placement alongside my university degree, and found a welcoming home in Aspire Support and NHS Salford Royal Hospital services. They were very accommodating and kind staff with great intentions and professional execution of creative projects.
EAU- Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
Excellent place to be a patient, horrible place to be an employee. Worked on EAU with a lot of cliquey seniors who loved nothing more than to belittle and scream at their own workers in front of other colleagues and patients in the bays. Sabotaging confidence and self-esteem soon became the ‘norm’ and you wonder why you have such a high staff turnover? Leaving SRFT has been the best career move I ever made.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust?
n/a
Not any better than other hospitals so not sure why it's CQC outstanding.
I think it provides good triaining in orthopaedics and neurosurgery and GIT
I highly advise against it.
Poor life-work balance, no management on site, left to fend for self, laws broken, and that's just what springs to mind. No respect for the inner working of the NHS.

Left with depression and a broken confidence that still hasn't mended itself.
Miserable place to work, flexible hours and home working keep staff
Very poor working environment that has got worse over last couple of years. Management heavy handed and show lack of awareness. High levels of stress and sickness and referrals to occupational health - it is a known issue. Staff are not treated like adults and are heavily monitored and watched. Senior management not aware of departments needs, there has been a heavy handed approach to get the job done which has led to high levels of staff sickness and poor mental health. HR support for employees is extremely poor. There is a culture of bullying at the trust and where senior managers feel like they can act as they wish. This is recognised as a problem by the unions who are trying to tackle this.
The job is always busy trying to meet the deadline. There is no down time. If you like to be busy from the moment you get in until you finish and can work under constant pressure and have the stamina, then this could be the jobl for you.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Not enough staff, high levels of sickness
Its a very busy lab
Busy lab with large volume of samples. well equipped but always short of staff. Not flexible with staff. low morale. If they dont like you then that is the end but if you are their favourite then you get what you want. They have all latest technology related for pathology diagnosis
Pros
Nhs
Cons
not flexible
Always busy.
You started the day running and kept on running all day. Both departments I worked for were busy; we were a very large hospital.
I learned to think more on my feet and took a lot of initiative because not everyday was the same and you could be surprised at an time with an emergency to make sure the patients had their records up to date especially if they are rushed in at any given moment.

The workplace culture was that everything had to be precise because a patients life no matter how trivial was important to each and every member of staff whether they be a domestic up through the ranks to the consults.

Management when I started was helpful, new what was going on down the ranks and looked after the staff. But things have changed considerably over the past few years. Now there are too many managers and a lot of these mangers have made people jump ship.

The hardest part of the job was leaving the hospital the job it self was rewarding, I may not be medically trained but the non-medical side of the staff still did there bit for the patients to recover from what ever ailed them.

The most enjoyable part was when we had camaraderie amongst the different levels of medical and non-medical staff. And I mustn't forget the patients when everything works out well for them that was a good feeling but with this being a hospital not everything ended on a high.
Pros
Good holidays.
Cons
Some times we went over our allotted hours with no overtime pay.
Better than most other hospital trusts.
Started at Salford Royal as a Clinical Support Worker in an acute ward setting. I enjoyed the varied and warm feel to the initial training courses but things became so disorganised from HR management that I ended up leaving in the end. We were passed from pillar to post with no clear direction or sense of leadership. Training staff didn’t know what we were supposed to be doing most days and this led to a great deal of confusion amongst trainee staff. I felt disappointed that an Outstanding Trust couldn’t prioritise our workload effectively and that nobody from management knew what we were supposed to be doing. My colleagues were great and very accommodating. Don’t get me wrong I saw some evidence of outstanding patient care but the bureaucracy, red tape and governmental targets lay down on the majority clinical staff wore me down eventually. My advice is this: if you are going into healthcare understand that you cannot always deliver the service you aspire to under budget cuts and meddling middle management.
Pros
Great colleagues, professional environment, some lovely patients
Cons
Long hours, disorganised training, poor communication
Great Company
terrible salary for the skill set, including on call, routinely worked a lot more than what I had to.
The job itself wasn't too bad, but very hard to do with bad management who don't care one bit abut patient care but more abut stats
good patient care
learned a lot of new skills (they offer a number of courses)
good benefits for NHS staff including post work exercise classes

very good patient care

supportive culture for staff and patients
Toxic environment
Awful place to work!!!!!! Put so many women in one place and it's like working in purgetry The nastyness and toxic behaviour makes it an awful place to work. Poor management C2,B8 l4 and A&E have clicks and the management is terrible they tell you if you have an issue to approach them and they will at least try and resolve ant issue YES if it's trivial and even then nothing's done for example a a change of the Rota or if you need a day of due to family issues they make it hard work for you. There's a big bullying culture on C2 L4 and B8. Mainly between the support staff they do nothing but back stab and bully. I've witnessed terrible unprofessional behaviour in the work place such as support staff moaning about patients relatives, calling patients that they deem to be hard work (This would be because the patient may press the buzzer more than what the staff would like, (twice in half an hour tends to annoy the support staff) taking into consideration these people have had brain injuries) I've also witnessed patients tell other staff or myself they've been left for that long they have actually urinated themselfs. All in all toxic place to work with alot of staff being totally innapropriate and unprofessional
Pros
The patients
Cons
staff and management
Toxic place to work
Poor attitude, lack of respect and consideration from management towards staff, especially new members. Training poor and many unhelpful, uncaring staff from management through to colleagues.
Pros
flexible working and good rate of pay
Cons
Management and miserable staff
Enjoyable, friendly, professional.
When working as a support worker it was amazing as the people I cared for was lovely and made the work place a better place to be. I loved every day of working there.
Pros
Liked making the patients happy by having someone to talk to.
Cons
Long hours.
Poor management and toxic culture
Poor treatment of staff - no discussion or notice when important changes are to occur. Criticized unfairly and disrespected. Bullying culture. No regard for the impact of their negative treatment of the staff.
Pros
Good rates of pay
Cons
Poor working atmosphere
Overworked, underpaid
I joined Salford Royal believing the CQC report of it being an "outstanding" hospital that would offer me personal and professional development. However, you are very limited as to what you can do as a band 2, you are told there are opportunities for career progression however this seems to be on a "if your face fits" basis - which mine didn't. The wagers were low unless you picked up weekend or night work. Majority of staff seem to be middle aged women who moan about anything and everything. Management was unsupportive. Took me 7 months to obtain a car parking space. I would never go back to this place again!
Pros
weekend/night pay enhancements.
Cons
long hours, low pay, no progression, unsupportive management. horrendous car parking. the list goes on!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5