Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Employee Review

View all Saint John of God Hospitaller Services reviews

I enjoy my work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire26 February 2019
I really feel like I am making a difference in my work. I feel valued and respected for what I do and I know that I can always approach my manager for advice and support. I would like to see more training as I am keen to develop myself but I know that the new EMT are looking into this. The people we support are great and there is a real buzz in the air at the place I work.
Pros
The people and staff that I work with.
Cons
More training - but it is being reviewed at the moment which is positive.

Other Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Employee Reviews

Great values and great people
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham29 March 2019
This has been my best job in care. I have worked here for the past 3 years and I can honestly say I love what I do. Everyday brings different challenges but the staff go the extra mile in making the lives of service users the best they can be. I have supported people on holidays, to family events and lots of other activities. I would place my own relatives in any of our services.
Pros
The people - who I support and work with
Cons
Recruitment difficulties - although its everywhere
Everyday is dilfferent
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire19 March 2019
I have worked for SJOG for 17 years starting as a support worker and have worked my way up to service manager. It is a challenging role, but with dedication it is also very enjoyable and rewarding. Everybody is approachable, supportive and more importantly friendly. There has been a lot of changes recently with the structure of the senior management team, this was very much needed and is having a positive impact.
Pros
Career progression and above average pay
Cons
Hours can be long