Saint John of God Hospitaller Services

Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Pay & benefits reviews

Lovely little service to work in. Can be quiet at times due to coming from a large care home. Sjog offering more benefits i recently attend staff conference which i had chance to meet all other staff members from different areas. I find it easy to approach my manager who is supportive and also happy to help us when needed.
recent changes to CEO team have turned the Charity around, the Values remain Hospitality, Trust, Justice, Respect and Trust remain, all staff are encouraged to Live Our Values Everyday. SJOG provide diverse services nationally, with hundreds of employees, staff benefits are fantastic across the board, staff training is easily accessible for all staff.
Pros
Staff benefits
The charity is changing for the better and its exciting times ahead. The staff conference was our first conference and I first one am quite excited for the future. Some good benefits starting to be brought in for staff. New training opportunities also. It's a happy place to work and I am proud of what we are doing.
Pros
Fresh approaches and skilled management
Cons
Quicker recruitment
Management and the head office in Darlington have absolutely no idea what they are doing, don’t care about residents or staff, have no idea how to treat people.
Pros
Fairly good salary.
Cons
Treat residents/staff appallingly.
a typical days work involved working with the residents, going to day centres and community activities.
Pros
free meals
Cons
As shift Leader I worked with a team to enable productive, efficient and effective care to be delivered. The most enjoyable part was working with a friendly care team and supportive colleagues. The Manager is very supportive and encourages a homely environment so that everyone is made welcome. The hardest part was actually leaving! I didn't want to, but the salary was not enough for me to travel to work and I wanted to progress in my career.
Pros
Approachable and caring management
Cons
There were no permanent posts that I could progress to