Saint John of God Hospitaller Services

Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Management reviews

Supportive senior management team High standards of care delivered. Excellent training provision Dedicated and motivated staff Clear shared vision. .Excellent quality audit from operations team with clear objective. Individulised care pa kage for residnets with regular review of achievement and lide goals Excellent
Pros
Great team support
Cons
Can be very reactic workload
no support off management, talk about people behind their back . other people get to know your business before you do . ..HR do not have a clue what goes on and they dont care . you have to be in the click with management or keep them happy ...........
I have worked for a few providers and I an honestly say that I love working here. Everyone is so friendly and management are approachable. The people are great and they are well cared for. Staff really do care and families vist regular and it's just a lovely happy and caring place.
Pros
Positive and entbusiastic staff
Cons
More training
recent changes to CEO team have turned the Charity around, the Values remain Hospitality, Trust, Justice, Respect and Trust remain, all staff are encouraged to Live Our Values Everyday. SJOG provide diverse services nationally, with hundreds of employees, staff benefits are fantastic across the board, staff training is easily accessible for all staff.
Pros
Staff benefits
Poor management has not got a clue how to manage, talks behind staffs back. Employs her friends. You can not progress in this job. Be aware of head office... they ars seriously a joke of a company. Awful company to work for. The staff (senior) immature. By being in a senior position she is very pety and ignores other staff. Along with the manager who constantly make mistakes and then alters important care notes. Seriously stay clear of this company. They also treat you as servants.....glad i quit ! Only gave 1 star as there was no option to leave no stars. Beware of the manager she lies alot and is very dodgy. Has been reported to head office she has even been caught on cctv but head office ignored it all!
Cons
I have worked for SJOG for 17 years starting as a support worker and have worked my way up to service manager. It is a challenging role, but with dedication it is also very enjoyable and rewarding. Everybody is approachable, supportive and more importantly friendly. There has been a lot of changes recently with the structure of the senior management team, this was very much needed and is having a positive impact.
Pros
Career progression and above average pay
Cons
Hours can be long
The charity is changing for the better and its exciting times ahead. The staff conference was our first conference and I first one am quite excited for the future. Some good benefits starting to be brought in for staff. New training opportunities also. It's a happy place to work and I am proud of what we are doing.
Pros
Fresh approaches and skilled management
Cons
Quicker recruitment
Pros
Positive and entbusiastic staff
Cons
More training
I have worked here for the past 7 years and it's great to see a new senior management team who actually have the skills to make us great again. It's very refreshing and there is a real sense of excitement for our future. We were all invited to a staff conference in Feb and the senior managers were really approachable and keen to engage with us. What was most striking was how they listened and have taken our ideas on board. It's been needed for so long and we are all excited for the future.
Pros
Being listened too by senior managers
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Saint John of God Hospitaller Services?
Has had a long history of incompetent management which has driven the charity in to the ground. Hopefully with the arrival of a new executive team things will be different but it seems too little too late.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Bad management
Management and the head office in Darlington have absolutely no idea what they are doing, don’t care about residents or staff, have no idea how to treat people.
Pros
Fairly good salary.
Cons
Treat residents/staff appallingly.
As shift Leader I worked with a team to enable productive, efficient and effective care to be delivered. The most enjoyable part was working with a friendly care team and supportive colleagues. The Manager is very supportive and encourages a homely environment so that everyone is made welcome. The hardest part was actually leaving! I didn't want to, but the salary was not enough for me to travel to work and I wanted to progress in my career.
Pros
Approachable and caring management
Cons
There were no permanent posts that I could progress to