Saint John of God Hospitaller Services

Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Employee Reviews for Support Worker

I have worked for a few providers and I an honestly say that I love working here. Everyone is so friendly and management are approachable. The people are great and they are well cared for. Staff really do care and families vist regular and it's just a lovely happy and caring place.
Pros
Positive and entbusiastic staff
Cons
More training
no support off management, talk about people behind their back . other people get to know your business before you do . ..HR do not have a clue what goes on and they dont care . you have to be in the click with management or keep them happy ...........
It’s an organisation that is keen to develop in research which is exciting. There is a lovely vibe and excitement in what we are doing and achieving. Some people with real complex needs are improving and gaining independence. This is what is inspiring.
This has been my best job in care. I have worked here for the past 3 years and I can honestly say I love what I do. Everyday brings different challenges but the staff go the extra mile in making the lives of service users the best they can be. I have supported people on holidays, to family events and lots of other activities. I would place my own relatives in any of our services.
Pros
The people - who I support and work with
Cons
Recruitment difficulties - although its everywhere
The charity is changing for the better and its exciting times ahead. The staff conference was our first conference and I first one am quite excited for the future. Some good benefits starting to be brought in for staff. New training opportunities also. It's a happy place to work and I am proud of what we are doing.
Pros
Fresh approaches and skilled management
Cons
Quicker recruitment
Pros
Positive and entbusiastic staff
Cons
More training
I really feel like I am making a difference in my work. I feel valued and respected for what I do and I know that I can always approach my manager for advice and support. I would like to see more training as I am keen to develop myself but I know that the new EMT are looking into this. The people we support are great and there is a real buzz in the air at the place I work.
Pros
The people and staff that I work with.
Cons
More training - but it is being reviewed at the moment which is positive.
I have worked here for the past 7 years and it's great to see a new senior management team who actually have the skills to make us great again. It's very refreshing and there is a real sense of excitement for our future. We were all invited to a staff conference in Feb and the senior managers were really approachable and keen to engage with us. What was most striking was how they listened and have taken our ideas on board. It's been needed for so long and we are all excited for the future.
Pros
Being listened too by senior managers