Saint John of God Hospitaller Services Employee Reviews

Everyday is dilfferent
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire19 March 2019
I have worked for SJOG for 17 years starting as a support worker and have worked my way up to service manager. It is a challenging role, but with dedication it is also very enjoyable and rewarding. Everybody is approachable, supportive and more importantly friendly. There has been a lot of changes recently with the structure of the senior management team, this was very much needed and is having a positive impact.
Pros
Career progression and above average pay
Cons
Hours can be long
Fantastic place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire15 March 2019
The charity is changing for the better and its exciting times ahead. The staff conference was our first conference and I first one am quite excited for the future. Some good benefits starting to be brought in for staff. New training opportunities also. It's a happy place to work and I am proud of what we are doing.
Pros
Fresh approaches and skilled management
Cons
Quicker recruitment
Best provider by far
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North East1 March 2019
I have worked for a few providers and I an honestly say that I love working here. Everyone is so friendly and management are approachable. The people are great and they are well cared for. Staff really do care and families vist regular and it's just a lovely happy and caring place.
Pros
Positive and entbusiastic staff
Cons
More training
I enjoy my work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire26 February 2019
I really feel like I am making a difference in my work. I feel valued and respected for what I do and I know that I can always approach my manager for advice and support. I would like to see more training as I am keen to develop myself but I know that the new EMT are looking into this. The people we support are great and there is a real buzz in the air at the place I work.
Pros
The people and staff that I work with.
Cons
More training - but it is being reviewed at the moment which is positive.
Positive changes being made
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  North East23 February 2019
I have worked here for the past 7 years and it's great to see a new senior management team who actually have the skills to make us great again. It's very refreshing and there is a real sense of excitement for our future. We were all invited to a staff conference in Feb and the senior managers were really approachable and keen to engage with us. What was most striking was how they listened and have taken our ideas on board. It's been needed for so long and we are all excited for the future.
Pros
Being listened too by senior managers
IT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham6 December 2018
Has had a long history of incompetent management which has driven the charity in to the ground. Hopefully with the arrival of a new executive team things will be different but it seems too little too late.
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Bad management
Shocking...
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hythe, Kent21 March 2018
Management and the head office in Darlington have absolutely no idea what they are doing, don’t care about residents or staff, have no idea how to treat people.
Pros
Fairly good salary.
Cons
Treat residents/staff appallingly.
Not for profit charity
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Darlington25 July 2017
There is no typical day at work, as I cover a range of adhoc duties in finance, everyday is different. This is my first time working for a charity and I have learned new guidelines regarding this. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing the charity is making a difference in the community.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
No career progression
Very poor interview
Deputy manager (Former Employee) –  Hythe, Kent31 May 2017
I had a interview as deputy manager and felt like I was being investigated, one out of the 3 interviewers was rude, abuprt and even if I got the job I would of not of taken it due to the response of some of the questions asked.
Pros
Non
Cons
Poor mangement
good manager, nice staff team to work with
Key worker and infection control officer (Former Employee) –  Coulby Newham20 July 2016
a typical days work involved working with the residents, going to day centres and community activities.
Pros
free meals
Cons
A friendly place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ENG20 March 2014
As shift Leader I worked with a team to enable productive, efficient and effective care to be delivered.
The most enjoyable part was working with a friendly care team and supportive colleagues. The Manager is very supportive and encourages a homely environment so that everyone is made welcome. The hardest part was actually leaving! I didn't want to, but the salary was not enough for me to travel to work and I wanted to progress in my career.
Pros
Approachable and caring management
Cons
There were no permanent posts that I could progress to