Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

rubbish
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands9 July 2018
I worked on a four weekly payroll. I entered starters, leavers, made adjustments to the individuals payrolls, i.e.court orders, bike to work.
calculated ssp, smp
High pressure, fast paced environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire11 June 2018
All in all, a good company to work for, although time management is crucial, with the amount of daily tasks to accomplish. I have gained my fork lift truck licence, and put in place a spillage team. Management tend to be reactive, instead of pro active, but still do a good job of producing the best out of the teams at weber. The hardest part of my job is time management, as there are so many tasks / projects to complete on a daily basis.
Culture is fair within the workplace, time off through sickness is falling, and teams are more open to help one another more than they used to.
I enjoy the daily challenges my job gives, and the training that saint-goblin gives is excellent, they are willing to invest in you!
Pros
company benefits
Cons
unmanageable work load
Disgusting health and safety
Goods In Operative (Former Employee) –  Worksop6 June 2018
The management of the worksop site are nothing more than yes men/woman fawning to there directors while ignoring serious issues within the warehouse.

The roof has been leaking steadily for over 2 years and has been reported to the h&s executive Mel in team briefings almost weekly and they still insist on having 8 ton flt’s drive through the racking over it where operatives are working on foot while not bothering to address or repair the roof.
The toilets are a biological hazard zone, the ones that work that is and the management don’t care to have them repaired as they have there own behind locked doors by there offices.

This is a plumbers merchant that cannot maintain there own plumbing.

They will bully and intimidate operatives into breaking there own health and safety rules and if you dare to complain or refuse to preform a dangerous task they will use these same rules to punish/ dismiss you, the only way they will address hazards on the shop floor is after a worker has been hospitalised and will threaten suspension/dismissal without fair pay even if a valid doctors note is submitted

This is by far the worst site I have ever seen and the blame lies solely with the senior management team who specialise in keeping there staff in line with the arrogant threat that you can and will be replaced by agency workers if they don’t like what you say, such as “why is there no union rep on site?” Or “dosnt the relationship between the site manager and the stock manager represent a conflict of interests?”

Do not expect help or support from the team leaders or shif managers
  more... because the only way they rose to this positions is by falling in-line with the way their superiors work and perpetuating it.

All people of integrity and with a flicker of decency will not do very well within this company
Pros
A few decent people working at the bottom level
Cons
You will be injured and then ignored by this company unless you know employment law inside out
no insight to the future
ops (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire17 April 2018
this company have no insight to the future and I would be surprised if the company keep manufacturing for the next five years
they need to keep pace with insulation materials the runcorn site has many problems I would keep away as people are leaving faster than ever.
short sightedness is the down fall as directors have not got a clue and are not looking to the future of the plant shame for all who work there
Pros
safety good
Cons
long hours and old plant issues
good place to work
Assistant Branch Manager Jewson (Former Employee) –  London29 March 2018
very good work-life balance, easy to operate the system (old), people driven environment, really inclusive and real teamwork.
everyone plays their part and complicated.
Pros
not micromanaged
Cons
training on the job, 48hr contract
OK company to work for, depending on site
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rochdale12 February 2018
Not the best for advancement, poor management culture. Preferential treatment given to certain staff members. Good wage, pension and bonus scheme. CRM system great for keeping informed. unbalanced workloads between staff members. Poor HR support (as Bristol based). Enjoyable ensuring customers were happy with their product.
Pros
Early finish every other Friday
Cons
Lack of support
Good
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands9 February 2018
Good values and ethos that runs through the company. Lots of room to move between the 20 companies that SGBD currently own as they would prefer employees to move internally than leave.
Im looking for an open enviroment with skill sharing and communication
Aerospace market manager (Current Employee) –  National12 January 2018
I work with some of the largest aerospace engine builders in the world and i am directly responsable for the ongoing relationships between the companies, i enjoy this responsabillity and i also enjoy the interaction at senior corperate level that i have.

I work on the strategy implementation and direct major projects, i would ideally like a sales team to manage as i feel this is the next step in my career development
Pros
Autonomy
tough going none stop
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire8 January 2018
good people at ops level,

higher up all looking to 1 up each other

keep head down and do your best.

wages excellent, bank hour system in place.

warehouse mon-fri, production 4on 4off
Awful. sexist and racism is rife
IT Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield28 October 2017
Although I learned some training tips through time sprnt on site I found the office culture to be rotten, Racism and sexism is rife, particularly in the upper management within the IT dept.

Very unpfrofessional.

It didn't affect me personally, however severl friends left due to the above.
Great Company
Regional Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Central & East England30 September 2017
Saint Gobain is a fantastic company to works for , if you are sales orientated then the room for progression is fantastic .

They are always encouraging extracurricular activities
Pros
Huge company
Cons
Progress limited if your not sales oriented
friendly
Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 September 2017
- I really enjoy working for saint-gobain, they treat their staff really well.
- I have learnt a lot about working for a large corporation over the last two years.
Pros
Good location, pleasant office.
A very good place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Runcorn28 April 2017
A very good place to work..
Good training and support
Fun team to work with and very helpful
Only worked here for a short period of time so I am unable to comment futher
work plan
IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire26 April 2017
A very modern and forward thinking employer with excellent working environment. All were invited to participate and contribute to the company wellbeing plus they also actively reviewed any suggestions for improvements to company/employee suggestions. My position with them was as an external contractor but they made me feel welcome.
Pros
Free tea and coffee, great interpersonal dress down days where all contributed for charities
Cons
Would have liked to have been made permanent but their policies did not allow
Dont question
Crane Driver (Former Employee) –  Midlands23 April 2017
If you say delivery not safe manager not interested and you are encouraged to do unsafe deliveries for the figures. No support from manager want truck out all day but no time to load. Lads in yard fun but not there for fun want truck loading,

Questioned by manager why do daily safety checks!!!

Some fiddling going off so refused to take out any dodgy deliveries.

Good staff discounts
Pros
discounts
Cons
No knowledge of trucks
Not a good place to work
Yard Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland16 April 2017
You are overworked and pay is low. Very stressful with not enough staff to the job. Management are clueless and don't care about the well being of staff.
Pros
Staff discount is good and thats about it
Cons
Long hours, low pay, stressfull
Heartless company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 March 2017
My son worked here for 2 years through an agency, he was then taken on by the company as a permanent employee, which was when the issues started. He hurt his back on the shop floor and nothing was done, he had time off for this and had a docs note for amended duties. This was deemed as 'poor performance during his probationary period' and he was dismissed...the day before his grandmas funeral! Appalling!
Varied workplace
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Countrywide24 March 2017
In my current role I enjoy the training of staff, seeing the staff progress and then using the system and then putting into practice the skills I have taught them. Being a multi-national company employing a large number of staff I enjoy the challenge this can bring and variation of workplaces.
Health and Safety Focused
Regional Salews Manager (Former Employee) –  Northumbria and Yorkshire15 March 2017
Global Company with many different groups within the construction industry.
Group covers Manufacturing and Builders Merchants.
Management Training Opportunities.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Can be Long Hours depending on Job Role
If u desperate
Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport12 March 2017
Management dont have a clue what they doing
People grass u up for everything
No communication between staff and management they think that they always right

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint-Gobain. Our community is ready to answer.