Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

Hard labour, bad pay and no prospects
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Stoney Stanton, Leicestershire25 September 2018
I work at Pasquill making roof trusses for a living well for spare change.. they pay just above minimum wage for a back breaking workload that is Never appreciated, the management are only focused on them selves, we have a quarterly bonus of £150 and this is given if all targets are hit, but that said the points for each job that equate to the target drop lower and lower until we don't get, we feel abused and lied to. Also the bonus depends on accidents in the workplace, so what actually happens is no one reports injuries for the fact everyone will lose what ever chance they have of getting it, and if we complain we are fired "we don't need you tomorrow" and then getting a call saying don't go back, depressing isn't the word the management pick you up from your house to take you in if you have an injury so not to lose bonuses no matter what the GM will be at your door if you get injured, we are all told on induction we have to chance to climb the ladder only to find there is no route for staff on the shop floor, all this makes for an extremely sad and low morale atmosphere that pays nothing compared to what you do.

I would steer clear unless desperate, everybody there is looking for a new job, well everybody on the shop floor the management have it so easy I'm sure there happy to make bank on the backs of the actual workers.
Pros
free boots
Cons
pay, management, morale, security, lies, unfair bonus, accident evasion.
Badly Managed
Motor Claims Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Southampton25 September 2018
From before I started the department was already behind and correspondence went back to three months prior. Trying to tackle the workload and the diaries was a constant game of catch up and we were never able to get on top of things. I often stayed late and worked in my own time to try and get on top of correspondence as the further behind we got, the more calls there were as people would start chasing a response.

From the start there was an issue with one colleague which I tried to ignore but after six months discussed this with management as it was becoming unbearable and effecting my work. My manager explained that he felt this colleague has less respect for women (I was the only female in the team) but was unable to do anything about it. I also tried to speak to HR about it but they were less interested then management in my department. A few months later I decided to leave.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Badly managed / Descrimination
Great company to work for
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry17 September 2018
Overall a positive experience, regular updates where an opinion can be voiced. Great communication and teamwork. Good benefits package available as well.
Hard work and commitment were well rewarded
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire14 September 2018
Days were long with constant issues arising,
There was a constant drive to improve performance and safety
The company offered many opportunists
For much of the time initiative and hard work were rewarded however this culture was changing
Pros
Multi Cultural Environment
Bad Management
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire17 August 2018
Consistently too many changes and a very high staff turnover so always training new people.
No one takes responsibility and there are more unhappy customers than happy ones.
Great Place to Work for
Branch Manager - at Ceramic Tile Distributors (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire26 July 2018
Would Highly recommend working for Saint Gobain or Ceramic Tile Distributors.

Great atmosphere, great upper management and great staff.

Regional Managers and Board of Directors are great too. Very supportive.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay
rubbish
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands9 July 2018
I worked on a four weekly payroll. I entered starters, leavers, made adjustments to the individuals payrolls, i.e.court orders, bike to work.
calculated ssp, smp
High pressure, fast paced environment
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire11 June 2018
All in all, a good company to work for, although time management is crucial, with the amount of daily tasks to accomplish. I have gained my fork lift truck licence, and put in place a spillage team. Management tend to be reactive, instead of pro active, but still do a good job of producing the best out of the teams at weber. The hardest part of my job is time management, as there are so many tasks / projects to complete on a daily basis.
Culture is fair within the workplace, time off through sickness is falling, and teams are more open to help one another more than they used to.
I enjoy the daily challenges my job gives, and the training that saint-goblin gives is excellent, they are willing to invest in you!
Pros
company benefits
Cons
unmanageable work load
Disgusting health and safety
Goods In Operative (Former Employee) –  Worksop6 June 2018
The management of the worksop site are nothing more than yes men/woman fawning to there directors while ignoring serious issues within the warehouse.

The roof has been leaking steadily for over 2 years and has been reported to the h&s executive Mel in team briefings almost weekly and they still insist on having 8 ton flt’s drive through the racking over it where operatives are working on foot while not bothering to address or repair the roof.
The toilets are a biological hazard zone, the ones that work that is and the management don’t care to have them repaired as they have there own behind locked doors by there offices.

This is a plumbers merchant that cannot maintain there own plumbing.

They will bully and intimidate operatives into breaking there own health and safety rules and if you dare to complain or refuse to preform a dangerous task they will use these same rules to punish/ dismiss you, the only way they will address hazards on the shop floor is after a worker has been hospitalised and will threaten suspension/dismissal without fair pay even if a valid doctors note is submitted

This is by far the worst site I have ever seen and the blame lies solely with the senior management team who specialise in keeping there staff in line with the arrogant threat that you can and will be replaced by agency workers if they don’t like what you say, such as “why is there no union rep on site?” Or “dosnt the relationship between the site manager and the stock manager represent a conflict of interests?”

Do not expect help or support from the team leaders or shif managers
  more... because the only way they rose to this positions is by falling in-line with the way their superiors work and perpetuating it.

All people of integrity and with a flicker of decency will not do very well within this company
Pros
A few decent people working at the bottom level
Cons
You will be injured and then ignored by this company unless you know employment law inside out
A challenging but ultimately rewarding environment.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hadleigh, Suffolk29 May 2018
Achievable production plans are issued daily, the role of team Leader meant you were larger responsible for ensuring that these were met in a safe and efficient manner.
Pros
Very well supported, great benefits package.
Cons
The environment was particularly hot.
operator
Machine operator, finishing end operator, (Current Employee) –  Hadleigh21 May 2018
good salary, friendly team mates.. .....3 shifts no overtimes, good team work, bonuses (attendance, health and safety) yerly vouchers on christmas..
no insight to the future
ops (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire17 April 2018
this company have no insight to the future and I would be surprised if the company keep manufacturing for the next five years
they need to keep pace with insulation materials the runcorn site has many problems I would keep away as people are leaving faster than ever.
short sightedness is the down fall as directors have not got a clue and are not looking to the future of the plant shame for all who work there
Pros
safety good
Cons
long hours and old plant issues
good place to work
Assistant Branch Manager Jewson (Former Employee) –  London29 March 2018
very good work-life balance, easy to operate the system (old), people driven environment, really inclusive and real teamwork.
everyone plays their part and complicated.
Pros
not micromanaged
Cons
training on the job, 48hr contract
Horrible Place
project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wath10 March 2018
Glassolutions was a great company until the cyber attack hit - its really bad now - nothings organized - no one knows anything - the manager contradict themselves - rule changes all time - customer complaints with every call
Pros
none after thje cyber attacled
Cons
nothing good since the cyber attack - not recovered
OK company to work for, depending on site
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rochdale12 February 2018
Not the best for advancement, poor management culture. Preferential treatment given to certain staff members. Good wage, pension and bonus scheme. CRM system great for keeping informed. unbalanced workloads between staff members. Poor HR support (as Bristol based). Enjoyable ensuring customers were happy with their product.
Pros
Early finish every other Friday
Cons
Lack of support
Good
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands9 February 2018
Good values and ethos that runs through the company. Lots of room to move between the 20 companies that SGBD currently own as they would prefer employees to move internally than leave.
Im looking for an open enviroment with skill sharing and communication
Aerospace market manager (Current Employee) –  National12 January 2018
I work with some of the largest aerospace engine builders in the world and i am directly responsable for the ongoing relationships between the companies, i enjoy this responsabillity and i also enjoy the interaction at senior corperate level that i have.

I work on the strategy implementation and direct major projects, i would ideally like a sales team to manage as i feel this is the next step in my career development
Pros
Autonomy
tough going none stop
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire8 January 2018
good people at ops level,

higher up all looking to 1 up each other

keep head down and do your best.

wages excellent, bank hour system in place.

warehouse mon-fri, production 4on 4off
Awful. sexist and racism is rife
IT Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield28 October 2017
Although I learned some training tips through time sprnt on site I found the office culture to be rotten, Racism and sexism is rife, particularly in the upper management within the IT dept.

Very unpfrofessional.

It didn't affect me personally, however severl friends left due to the above.
Great Company
Regional Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Central & East England30 September 2017
Saint Gobain is a fantastic company to works for , if you are sales orientated then the room for progression is fantastic .

They are always encouraging extracurricular activities
Pros
Huge company
Cons
Progress limited if your not sales oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint-Gobain. Our community is ready to answer.