Ryanair Employee Reviews

Good experience
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  united kingdom15 January 2019
The lifestyle was very erratic. it is a large company so there was no chance to bond with colleagues. The job didnt offer any advancements for me personally and the lifestyle was not great
Pros
staff travel perks
ambiente lavorativo ostile
Junior Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  LONDRA17 September 2018
ore ed ore di lavoro per poi essere pagata solo le cosi dette "flying hours" ovvero ore di volo, bloccati in aeroporti senza il diritto di toccare cibo dal bar e non venendo pagata. rimproveri a fine giornata perchè le vendite in volo erano scarse. io personalmente ero basata nel posto peggiore di tutti, London STN . un incubo.
Pros
incontrare nuove persone ogni giorno
Cons
sfruttamento di lavoratori
Avoid
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 August 2018
Ryanair make you pay for your training, then you could be based anywhere in Europe. They have extremely strict sales targets and can make your life very unpleasent if you dont make them. Pay is extremely low as only paid once in the air. Work you to the core and Fatigue is massive issue.
Pros
Cons
The Whole Job
Super zkušenost
Vedoucí leteckého personálu (Purser) (Former Employee) –  Girona; London5 October 2018
I přes nátlak od nadřízených stále tuto práci považuji za klíčovou ve své dosavadní kariéře.
Pros
Cestování, kolektiv, flexibilita
Cons
Psychicky, fyzicky a časově náročné
Entusiasmo infranto
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  london stanstead24 September 2018
lavoro su turni, ho applicato massima dedizione e professionalita' , questo lavoro mi e' piaciuto moltissimo per il contatto umano avuto con i clienti e tutto l'equipaggio
everyday new challenge and adventure
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stansted29 July 2018
-i learn how to deal with custumers and college
i learn how to be part of the team and how to work within the team
-how to resolve difficult situation
-i learn how to bring smile to customers and fullfil their needs
-i learn how to deal with difficult customers
productive for your career
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 July 2018
This joob is amaizing if you do love to fly, to interract with people and help them, make custumer service. All th e time in the air is a very big challange, every flight is different and you need to be prepared all the time for everything.
Pros
days off good
Cons
long flights
Enjoyable Meeting New People
Helen E Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Londonderry19 February 2014
A typical day at work would be trying to achieve your target for the day and traffic stopping every person you see to sell the product. I also got on brilliantly with my co-workers we had a great bond to help each other out if need be. The hardest part of the job was trying to reach your target each day. It was hard to reach when the store was quiet and no one around to sell to. The most enjoyable part of the job s when you spend time with a customer and give them a make over and they love it and there happy with what they see and see the benefits, it made you feel good because the customer was happy. The management in the job was structured so we where always getting our target and doing our jobs correctly. I learned from this job was that i gained more confidence from it and learned how to react differently about things
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not meeting your target
Beautiful expirience
flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Stansted29 January 2018
Μy professional backround is based on costumer servises and public relationships.My expirience as waitress created a highly social person who loves to work in a team and knows how to deal with hungry,angry,rude,drunk,happy,dissapointed ,young-old people with the most polite way.Dealing with costumers in a daily basis,i learned that patience,clear communication skills and the ability of using "possitive languge" are not important-are necessery. My expirience as cabin crew gave me the ability to handle surprices- staying cool under pressure and the way to improve my time managment skills.As flight attendant i realized that a profesional performance demands a calming presence,due to the fact that influences the eyes that starring at you and the mouth that talking with you!
Worst company ever
Senir Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2017
I worked for them for 2.5 years and the only thing they care about is selling onboard. They don't care about the crew. Manager puts lots of pressure for you to sell onboard and get your target. Really long hours, I have to say colleagues onboard are really nice and you meet people from different countries and cultures that I love it.
Pros
Nothing good about this company
Cons
One of them you have to pay for your trainning
Horrific company to work for
Cabin Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport28 June 2017
Ryanair operates under a fear culture. There is no margin for error, you must pay for your own training. They do not see you as a person, but as an enemy.
Pros
Weight loss through stress
Cons
Long hours, constant belittling, exhaustion
mixed feelings
Cabin Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 December 2017
I worked for Ryanair for 9 years. The management is not taking care of the employees and sales targets come before security and safety.
Great collegues to work with on a day to day basis.
Ryanair experience
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  East Midlands Airport18 April 2017
I was assigned to Two different bases during my time there. Back then, the promotion was really quick as they were growing. You get to work with crew from different countries and had a multinational vibe to it.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Paying for you training, uniform and can be long hours
Good for costumer service
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  East Midlands18 March 2018
Good company , prepare us to deal with the situations of high danger and stress , but me being a cook I wish to come back to work in my area of experties
Hardwork
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport27 February 2017
After 6 intense weeks training nothing can quite prepare you for working for Ryanair. The long hours, early mornings, late nights. However it all depends on you as a person whether or not you can cope. I personally had no issues with Ryanair. The only issue I had was with base supervisors who wouldn't help you when you needed it. I was based in STN, yeah in winter the money wasn't great but you should expect this when working within the tourism industry. Fellow colleagues where nice enough, however you'd get the odd occasional "jobs worth". Overall I'd recommend Ryanair as a foot in the door to bigger and better airlines.
Pros
Discounted flights
Cons
Early early mornings, long days
Hard work, low pay, fear culture, but good for CV.
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Liverpool14 April 2016
Overall your total investment to become Ryanair cabin crew will be up to £4,500.. (inc. Training, accomodation, food, ID, loss of earnings, security clearances) please bare this in mind. Depending on your base this could be a good investment, if you are based in your homeplace, and many places have a low cost of living compared to the salary which is great. However many places do not, e.g. Stansted. Stay there for longer and the salary is good for the amount of work you do- but remember to save as the winter months are very quiet (again, depending on base), and remember you only get paid for your block hours and theres no guarantee of work. One month I got paid £300, I would say the average for the first year was about £1,200, however where I was living the cost of living was very cheap, and the salary will increase the longer you work there.

Most people will leave, many to other airlines, like myself, so its a great stepping stone, another benefit is that they offer you a 3 years contract which some airlines only offer 6 months. They work you like slaves however its a start for getting into the industry. Ryanair operation is like a well oiled machine, They offer no crew food, and expect you to sell sell sell. There is a pressure in the company when I was there that sales were put over safety, however I am more than sure that it is not like this anymore.

I do recommend ryanair as a start for a career as cabin crew, stay there for 14 months then move on. OR- if you get based in your home, then it is a good choice to stay, unless there are other airlines in your area.
Pros
Easy employment, many european bases, very stable roster
Cons
Tough management, no job security
Varied and Challenging
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Prestwick, Scotland22 April 2013
A typical day would involve a start time as early as 5am on an early shift and finishing as late as midnight on a late shift. The average length of a shift would be approximately 9 hours, however it was not unusual to work up to 12 hour shifts and even longer, if delayed. The start of the day, would involve meeting the rest of your crew and supervisor for a briefing, then going on board the aircraft to complete pre-departure inspections, receiving passengers, assisting them in any way possible, ensuring a speedy boarding process, performing the safety demonstration, securing the cabin for take off, serving drinks and snacks and preparing hot food during the flight as well as duty free goods, preparing the cabin for landing, disembarking passengers safely and carrying out security checks and general tidying of the aircraft in preparation for the next load of passengers. I learned the importance of time management and organisational skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with people, to resolve any issues, how to keep cool under pressure and most importantly team work. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and working alongside colleagues of different nationalities and cultures, developing good personal and professional relationships. The hardest part of the job would have to be coping with delays (which was frustrating for passengers and crew) as well dealing with passenger issues/ complaints, which was challenging at times, however training, resourceful thinking and an understanding attitude and tactful approach, always overcame any problems.
Pros
standby days
Worst place I ever worked
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London5 October 2016
Job work/life balance: The inflight department in STN is the worst place ever. Manager doesn't know how to treat people.It's very commom to hear that the manager is shouting on the cabin crew. It's so usual that they make jokes about it. People in the office make bets to see how long someone is going to last with the manager. On the interview they advice to not listen to the rumors regarding the management but in one week you can be sure that the rumors about the bad management are right. They said they provide training but it's a lie. No training.No respect.Bullying, harassment and corruption all the time. If you complain about the management you get fired. If you question something you are wrong. If you as for help nobody helps and you are wrong all the time. No team player. They ask you to work overtime with no compensation on your salary but you can't turn your computer on 1 min after your duty start. Pressure with no reason. You will also be required to do tasks that are not your job tasks such as lift weights and heavy boxes, cut tons of uniforms without appropriate scissors, pregnant girls with 7 months of pregnancy will do filling sitting on the floor for the supervisors, cleaning the crewroom, cutting uniforms without appropriate scissors, lifting weight/boxes. Phrases as : Who do you think you are, or Google it when you don't understant something, or You are not in your country, are said frequently by Managers and Personnel.

Salary and benefits: Just your salary - average for the position. Benefits on flights only after one year probation period. No paid sick days
  more... on probation period as well. No other benefits.

Job security/advancement: Job security and advancement is based in corruption. If you make the manager happy with presents , chocolates and wine and being a slave you may get transfers or promotions. If you want to just do your job in a professional way you are deemed to be bullied. No progression at all. If you apply internally you will never get any reply from personnel. Everybody in the company is afraid of getting in conflict with the Inflight manager for some reason.

Management: The worst I have ever seen. Discrimination, bullying and harassment accepted by managers at ALL levels including Personnel. Even with proofs of bullying and aggression to another employee. The company policy does not match what they practice. Don't forget. You are just a employee number in probation period and they will do whatever they want. If you put a grievance letter against a manager this will not be considered and you will be invited for a performance meeting to prepare you to be fired on the next month.

Job culture: Read manuals. Don't ask for anyone's help. If you don't know how to do something, do it wrong and after that you will still be wrong. Don't forget this: You are always wrong even if you are right and they do their best to make you feel miserable everyday. Company culture - Ryanair don't care about you.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything as described.
Demanding life of cabin crew
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Luton Airport, Gerona in Spain9 November 2015
As mentioned for Wizz the same applies for ryanair. This was my first airline I had worked for. Meeting very friendly people from different cultures made it very nice and friendly workplace. Tha salary were usually very good .
Pros
free flight tickets
Cons
irregular work patterns
Something different every day
Air Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport11 August 2013
i really enjoyed working for Ryanair, due to how closely with the public i had to work. I get great satisfaction out of knowing i have helped someone and kept them all safe. I got to work with different people every day, and travel to new destinations. A typical day at work would involve over 10 hours on an aircraft, travelling to 2 or maybe even 3 destinations; helping passengers board and leave safely, caring for their every need whilst inflight The hardest part of the job was the very unsociable hours, the most enjoyable would have to be that it really was something different every day
Pros
Free dinners!
Cons
Very long hours