Play YouTube video button

Featured review
RUSH Hair and Beauty selected this as a representative review
Fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 May 2019
Ive been working at Rush in Nottingham for the past 4 months and i already feel like i am improving as a stylist. They care about your feelings and your needs, they ask you what youre confident and not so confident in doing and dont pressurize you into doing something youre not comfortable with but also set up courses at their London Academy to build your confidence to learn more things improve on skills and anything you struggle with. The hours are quite flexible. You never work more than 9 hours in a day whether its starting earlier or finishing later. Manager is very friendly and proffesional. Takes matter into own hands and makes sure everyone is treated fairly and equally leaving no one feeling left out or bullied. Im really happy working here. Its a wonderful experience amazing clients
Pros
Free training
Cons
Working till 9
Was okay I guess
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire16 June 2019
Job as a whole was okay but really stressful environment. Everyone is friendly and have made friends for life from there. Can’t say that’s true about the owner of the salon at the start when you begin a new job they’re nice to you but then things go downhill. The owner tells people not to gossip but does it herself quite childish would say for my liking. I liked learning the different parts of hairdressing and styling but being there has put me off learning and becoming a stylist. Can say everyone was nice there including foh. Only had problems with the owner. Gave a weeks notice and was ill on the sunday and the owner said I was lying so she dismissed me before I was meant to finish on the Tuesday and said she won’t give me a reference after all the hard work I had put in which is also something I am not happy about.
Pros
Great people, friendly, helpful
Cons
Finishing late, not receiving breaks, busy environment
My best experience
Senior Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith10 May 2019
Rush is my best experience i had so far.

i could open a very long story regarding RUSH.

The atmosphere was just perfect.

The clientele are amazing and they just love you
Great workplace
Front of House Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire9 May 2019
I really enjoy working at RUSH,
they provide a lot of opportunities to grow,
interview process is very easy.
Definitely there's professional atmosphere, friendly staff and team work.
Worst place I have ever worked
Front of House Receptionist- (former employee) (Former Employee) –  London26 April 2019
I worked for rush for 5 months as front of house and I can honestly say I have never worked anywhere worse than this. The entire time I worked there I was treated as an assistant rather than a front of house receptionist.. given tasks to do such as clean the toilet or wash the dishes whilst the manager and the other front of house girl who was the managers best friend did the paperwork and all of the important jobs. I had often been topic of conversation which lead to me feeling very isolated. It had been mentioned more than once that there was talk of me losing my job which then became salon gossip. With me coming to work every day unsure of my job security. I was often doing jobs outside of my jobrole such as blow drying clients hair as I am not a qualified hairdresser I was learning on the job. Doing a job share with another colleague who made her dislike for me obvious from the beginning I wasn’t shown how to do the jobs that she done as she would ignore me every time I spoke to her. I was then given extended probation and eventually dismissed a week after my manager told me that I would definitely not be losing my job because she “loved me” I was then fired anyway. Don’t waste your time working in a place like this
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Workplace bullying, long hours, poor management
Do not work here!!
Salon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clapham High Street23 April 2019
I was an assistant with Rush, then quit after 2 weeks, it was dreadful! No one was sociable, manager was rude when I’m 5 mins late due to tube delays (bearing in mind I couldn’t contact her because I had no signal) I work 9 hours a day, £3.90 an hour and only two 30 min breaks which were unpaid! I went back after I quit to collect the money they owed me in cash, even though they knew who I was I was constantly asked for proof of messages and identity! Seriously, there are many better hair salons than this! Do not consider working with Rush!
Poor culture.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury15 April 2019
Badly place to work, unfriendly attitude. They want you to work for free at all, treating you like a slave. Pay the minimum because they believes they can teach you something but you never learn anything because all they do is using you for everything they can.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for nothing
Fantastic Company to work for and grow
Stylist (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire28 March 2019
Rush is an amazing place to work for, the opportunities you have within Rush is AMAZING! Fantastic training, opportunities to enter competition including British Hairdressinh award and much more.

Is a very fast pace salon so it can be hard as you will get fully booked very quickly but the comission structure is great and you can earn a very high wage, your holiday pay is also based on a average of how much money you make so you can take your holiday and still end up with the full wage as if you haven’t been away at all!

A lot of perks for working for the company, including having PerkBox, a plataform where you can have discounts in many places, shops, restaurants, enterteriment etc.
Pros
Great comission, good holiday pay, training and opportunities.
Fun , helpful , amazing ,
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent23 March 2019
I’ve been working with rush since I was 16 years old I started off as an apprentice and they helped me grow into the stylish I am today, the benefits I got from rush is great training , very helpful staff thought out the company , always pushing you to better yourself and helping you grow as the company grows. I love working in the Tunbridge Wells salon as the staff here are amazing , friendly, helpful and are like my second family,
Working within Rush industry
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex21 March 2019
I’ve been working at the Rush salon for 2 months now and all I can say is I love it, The team are all fantastic and have been so supportive and helpful and I’ve never been made to feel like the new girl! With the friendly atmosphere that I work in daily I couldn’t ask for a better work place to be in than this.
Fun and Friendly
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex20 March 2019
I have enjoyed my time at Rush Basildon so far, it's a fun and professional atmosphere. Everybody works like a team and always looking out for each other. There's always room to progress and they put you on any training you may need.
Great Company with Great People
Beauty Manager (Current Employee) –  Sutton19 March 2019
Having been here now for 4 months the support from managers, staff from other salons and from all aspects has been fantastic.
The training is well presented, in depth and it continuous through out your time here.
The incentives are great if you work hard and do your job properly. Great fun, hard work but all worth it.
Pros
Great team work, good incentives
Lovely staff
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey17 March 2019
- Friendly staff
- Good vibe
Rush is a great place to work if you want to achieve good knowledge of hairdressing skills while running a busy column.
Pros
Training
Lovely team
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey16 March 2019
Love working with my team, everyone is so helpful, they provide loads of training the only downfall is that we are only allowed one person off at a time with holiday, which can sometimes be frustrating
Pros
Loads of training
Cons
No clash of holiday and pay
Amazing company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent15 March 2019
If you want to grow as a hairdresser then Rush is for you! I started as a part time front of house, I was then trained up to be a manager and now, me and a colleague have opened our own franchise!!

I qualified as a stylist when I was at college and lost all confidence so decided to not do hairdressing any more, Rush has made me gain confidence with the amazing training that they provide so I am now back on the floor!! Best thing I ever did!!

Highly recommend working for Rush, their on going training is incredible,they offer brilliant staff discounts and the pay is great too!!
Fun family vibes
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey14 March 2019
I've been with rush for 7 years now and have just grown from strength to strength. Having free education on tap is such a huge benifet and I have learnt so much. The support and love you receive from the company is incredible and I wouldn't want to be apart of anythinf else!
Pros
Free education
6 year’s and still here :)
Consultant level 2 and manager (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey13 March 2019
I have worked for Rush for 6 years now as a busy stylist, (the pay is really good) Ive just recently been given the opportunity to be manager aswell as a stylist. What a Fantastic company to work for!! Amazing training with regular courses which are free to us anytime. The continuous support you get from everyone it really is like one big family! I feel honoured to work here, bring on the next six years!!! #rushfamily
Pros
Support and training.
Love the RUSH family
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London13 March 2019
Love working for RUSH as I always feel valued and part of the family! Excellent company to work for.

Offers a fantastic training programme for various positions and RUSH truly believe in their people and their teams.
Pros
Great training and career development
Amazing team, great opportunities
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire13 March 2019
I have worked with Rush for a number of years and love my job!!
Amazing team who are so supportive and have a family bond. Upper management is second to none and always has the time to listen to staff needs and gets to know each member as an individual rather than just a collective group.
So many amazing courses are supplied to staff which is top class and all free! Always encouraging growth and creativity from team
Pros
Free education, great teams, personal growth
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon Village13 March 2019
Rush is a brilliant environment to work.

Like all new jobs, there’s that ugly duckling stage where you getting to know your new environment, colleagues, clients and how everything works, where you doubt if it’s for you but push through that and it will be amazing in the other side.

You get back what you put in. It is long hours, and you have to have the passion for it to drive yourself to where you want to be.

Working for Rush I have learnt I want more and Rush is a place to provide you with more opportunities than just a normal salon working day.
Pros
Passion, Inspiration and creative
Cons
None at this point
Fantastic career opportunity
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 March 2019
Started as a part time Front of house receptionist in 2017. Rush have trained, developed and supported me to move to a management role just within a year.
Proud to be working for the fastest growing hair company in the UK!
Pros
Generous discounts on retail and services, lots of training programs
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RUSH Hair and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.