Runwood Homes Employee Reviews

Great team environment
Dementia activity coordinator (Current Employee) –  Essex26 September 2018
No 2 days the same ,great family atmosphere
Everyone friendly and good team attitude
Approachable management good hours
Overtime available
Uniform provided
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Need to drive
Brilliant place
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  South Woodham Ferrers26 September 2018
I work for Runwood Homes in South Woodham Feerers and worked for a previous home before, the home in South Woodhamfeeris is a home that offers brilliant opportunities for career progression I would recommend this company to everyone that has a passion for care and wants professional career progression
Pros
Professional development
Cons
There are none
Lovely rewarding place to work
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire26 September 2018
Runwood homes is a great place to work. Its a very well run business with the residents needs at the heart of things (as it should be) I feel like a valued member of the team and am treated with great respect. I would highly recommend Runwood homes as a place to work.
Pros
Very rewarding
I have been working for Runwwood Homes for over 10 years starting as a care assistant.
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex25 September 2018
One day is never the same which makes the day go very quickly for all staff.
Over the years I have learnt so much from how to administer first aid to how to make a very frail persons day!
Runwood Homes are excellent at developing staff and providing training's and qualifications.
The hardest part of the job is to accommodate everyone's needs and wishes however the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people who have had such exciting lives.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Can be long hours
supportive and caring
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland25 September 2018
I have worked for Runwood care home for roughly 5 months I have found our staff team to be extremely caring and committed to their job.
I have found the staff to be very supportive of each other, the home and the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting things right for the our residents
Pros
working as a staff team
Great Company
Care Home Manager (Current Employee) –  South Woodham Ferrers25 September 2018
I commenced working with this company in March 2018. I am so happy that I found this company and the home I am working at. The staff I have been working with in South Woodham Ferrers have impressed me with their dedication, commitment and their compassion for those who are entrusted into their care. There is a real feel of team work and the company are committed to developing staff.

I have received a lot of support from the marketing director as well as the CEO and the COO.

The company values are visible and senior management are very visible within the company

I have never been happier in a role than I have here
Pros
staff commitment compassion care
PA (Current Employee) –  Hadleigh, Essex25 September 2018
My role mainly consists of emails, letters, calls and liaising. Generally it is very busy and demanding; you do need to learn to prioritise quickly.
My Line Manager helped to ensure I hit the ground running, teaching me new aspects to aid my progression.
I have found the people I work with very pleasant, I feel valued and supported.
I still enjoy my job, a good work life balance.
Pros
Staff, hours and recognition
Hard work but rewarding
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire25 September 2018
I have worked for Runwood Homes for 5 Years progressing to my current position through the ranks- This is what i feel this company does really well, look at staff development and progression. The company have worked hard to improve the living areas and environments, building some beautiful new builds in the Warwickshire area. The work is hard as in any care environment but can also be the most rewarding. Like any job it is what you make it. I feel very supported in my role.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Great Place to Work
Commissioning Manager/Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  Low Furlong Warwickshire25 September 2018
Runwood has Senior Managers who listen and understand working in care. A great culture and ethos regards working in a person centred way for the good of the resident. We have fun at work, its hard, enjoyable and I am fortunate enough to have a dedicated and committed team.
Pros
Fab Team
Cons
recruitment in area
dedicated and supportive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex25 September 2018
Committed company in providing dignified and meaningful care to the residents we care for. Runwoods offer comprehensive training opportunities and invest in their staff. They have a real emphasis on residents fulfilling their lives. Having worked for the company for a number of years they continue to support their workers in what is now a very demanding role.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
maintaining facilities
Enjoyable
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 September 2018
I have been with the company now for 3 years. There is not a day I don't like coming in to work.
Everyday is different, good team work and a happy place to work.
All the staff are friendly and always like to please.
The residents are happy and content, if not we deal with the situations and always there to help them.
Pros
Nice people to work with and lovely residents!!
Nice place to work!
Care Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire25 September 2018
I have worked for Runwood homes for 4 years progressing from care assistant to Care Team Manager. The company are very supportive and i have always felt a valued team member.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Low
Rewarding and Great place to work
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk25 September 2018
I have worked for Runwood Homes for 4 years now, I started as a care assistant then became acting care team manager and now I am an administrator. There are always promotions available if you are hard working, dedicated and reliable.
Working in a residential/dementia home is hard work but it is very rewarding, many activities take place within the home which staff and residents join in with, we have great fun!
I can honestly say this is the best home/company I have worked for, management are very supportive and we have a great team.
The home is like my second family!
Administrator at Longview
Financal Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canvey Island, Essex25 September 2018
I had never worked in the Care sector until I come to Longview and must say it is a pleasure to work in such a supportive, caring company, Weekly pay, paid training and lots of fun days to have with residents. Great company to work for.
Pros
weekly pay
Fantastic Organisation!
Learning & Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Benfleet, Essex25 September 2018
Professional and friendly team, made my first day a positive experience!
Proud to be included as part of this organisation who are working for the benefit of their staff and their service users.
Looking forward to being part of this fantastic journey always striving to improve and deliver quality and first class care and customer service!
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
N/a
Love Runwood Homes, love my job and have fabulous colleagues
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Head Office25 September 2018
Love Runwood Homes, love my job and have fabulous colleagues. We work hard and are passionate about what we do. We are making a difference to the lives of our residents each and every day. #TeamRunwood
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Challenging but rewarding
Avoid runwood
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster1 August 2018
I would never work for this company again. The way they treat staff is appalling. I loved the staff I worked with but upper management is another issue. Constantly being given tellings off for the cleanliness of the home but no cleaning products available to clean properly and sometimes no domestic on for days at a time. And told if you don’t like it leave. I love my job as a carer but have felt so low about how they talk to you. All runwood care about is money and profit not the elderly people in our care or the staff. AVOID!!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Too many too list
Dont work for runwood
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire30 July 2018
Dreadful company regional managers and above only interested i n budgets not the residents and defiantly not the staff.made to work in terrible conditions even through the heatwave no consideration for providing fans etc. putting on pressure to all staff to work in roles not employed to do and then not
providing equipment to do things like the cleaning .Had no cleaning products or a hover then upset when failing in infection control Would never work for this company again.Constantly telling staff to leave if they don't like what is being said .When people out In their notice unsubscribed from the Rota and staff are not asked why they leave.Just a number below do you date CEO never saw him
Very rewarding
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballymena27 July 2018
This job is extremely rewarding as you get to go home at the end if your shift knowing that multiple people have had a well lived day just because of you being there to help them.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Long shifts
Awful.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim25 July 2018
I was promised training and that I would be shadowed by a member of staff. This did not happen. The residents were poorly looked after and the staff were just rude. I would never recommend this place, just disgusting
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Runwood Homes. Our community is ready to answer.