Runwood Homes Employee Review

View all Runwood Homes reviews

Opportunities, Support and Amazing Care
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire5 February 2019
I have recently left Runwood Homes after working for them for three years in two of their Nottinghamshire homes. The homes I worked in were both lovely places to be, the care staff were incredible and it was always a pleasure to go to work and see happy residents, which is why we all do what we do at the end of the day.

The company as a whole is a very large organization which has some truly amazing individuals in it's ranks, right from carers to directors, and working for Runwood has always been a pleasure because of those people.

The training that Runwood offers is comprehensive and the Dementia Services Team are a well needed and forward thinking resource, though it sometimes felt that higher management underappreciated their strength and the value of the support they offer to the homes.

Career progression opportunities are there for the taking and training is provided and offered to further progress individuals.
The support from Head Office is amazing and I can honestly say that the staff in HR and payroll are a huge support and help to those in Admin and Management roles.

One negative I have is the lack of consistency in regional management, having had at least 6 in the three years I have worked there. (This is not to say that any of them weren't good at what they did.)

All in all, Runwood are a good company to work for. The support is there and the company has tried and tested systems and procedures in place to ensure good care delivery is paramount within the homes and staff wellbeing is supported. I loved my time at Runwood and if I hadn't have been
  more... so impatient, wanting to take the next step in my career right now, I would still be there.  less
Pros
Career progression opportunities, Support from Head Office, Training and Development, Rewarding, Dementia Services Support, Amazing Carers.
Cons
Lack of consistency with Regional Support.

Other Runwood Homes Employee Reviews

Minimum Wage Temp Work
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadwell St Mary, Essex14 November 2019
They keep you for 5 months for their difficult period, then give you a impossible task to do one day, which you can't do, so then they get rid of you, based on not completing the impossible task - just in time - before your probation of 6 months is up!
some staff are great, others seem to be talking about getting rid of you behind your back.
Great company
Care Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Essex1 November 2019
Good homely environment residents at the front of the company ethos
Great training lovely working environment
Flexible hours for all staff no issues with wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Runwood Homes. Our community is ready to answer.