Runwood Homes Pay & Benefits reviews

Enjoyable, rewarding place to work.
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Silvanna Court17 January 2020
Since joining Runwood homes in 2013 i have developed from a bank care assistant to a deputy manager. I am supported by my line managers and also have excellent guidance and support from various departments at head office. Regional directors take an interest in my development and i am enrolled on different training courses that stand me in a good position to progress further. I am in no doubt that this is the best company to work for in the health care industry. The company is a fantastic close knit family run business that strives to deliver the highest standards of care possible for the most amazing reasons. Of course my job is demanding and the expectation of a deputy manager is high as i understand it should be, i have daily challenges that make me stronger and i always overcome these with the support from my managers. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a rewarding job in the sector. As far as progression goes i feel strongly that Runwood homes is at the top of the list. I have worked in several different Runwood homes and all have been fantastic for different reasons. My current home is one of the largest, the home is relaxed, the staff all know their jobs well and support new staff to understand the Runwood way. My manager supports me daily in progressing and understands my vision and what i want to achieve within the company and fully supports with this. I honestly believe that Runwood homes is the best out there.
Pros
Competitive salary, career progression, Excellent training.
Poor pay and management
Carer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex8 December 2019
Never enough staff for the amount of work your doing. Management would rather see staff struggle then call agency as they would lose their bonus. Low pay for the hours you work and the work quantity
Stressful, understaffed and underpaid
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grays, Essex18 September 2019
You’re overworked, understaffed, unappreciated and the job is very stressful and you get no thanks for what work you do for the company. Sort this out no one likes to work for a company with no benefits
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Rayleigh, Essex18 July 2019
Very good workplace, friendly staff and overall light and bubbly atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch and Tea
Cons
Sometimes boring
hot and stressful
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canvey Island, Essex11 July 2019
most of the staff were rude or ignorant, but the residents were polite and kind
Pros
physicality, busy life
Cons
short hours, low pay for the work done
Directors that actually care.
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands30 September 2018
I have worked for various company’s over the years, Runwood Homes Director team have made me feel welcomed and valued, the CEO personally gives his support. I am empowered to actually do my job. I have all the support and tools I need. There are regular Quality team meetings, where ideas are shared and Managers can build relationships. The Regional and Quality directors always give praise and show thanks for hard work and efforts made, the team is just that, a team; not just a number. Colleagues at H/O always happy to support.
The residents best interest and well being is the definitely the focus here, this is not always the case in large organisations.
Runwood Homes are a leading Organisation and I am pleased to be part of it.
Pros
Continued personal development and career pathway.
I feel valued and my opinion matters
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Essex27 September 2018
I am a Registered Nurse within Runwood Homes Senior Living. The terms and conditions are excellent, I've been here over a year and can honestly say this is the best organisation I've ever worked for.
Your opinion is heard at all levels, you're supported, encouraged to develop and there's always a thank you for whatever you do.
Care delivery is excellent, person centred and based on the company values.
The dignity themes are super, and the training and support teams do so much to make every day special!
Pros
Salary and Terms
Cons
None - I love it
Great team environment
Dementia activity coordinator (Current Employee) –  Essex26 September 2018
No 2 days the same ,great family atmosphere
Everyone friendly and good team attitude
Approachable management good hours
Overtime available
Uniform provided
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Need to drive
Administrator at Longview
Financal Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canvey Island, Essex25 September 2018
I had never worked in the Care sector until I come to Longview and must say it is a pleasure to work in such a supportive, caring company, Weekly pay, paid training and lots of fun days to have with residents. Great company to work for.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Not a good place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylsham, Norfolk25 May 2018
Avoid with all cost disgraceful place work. Long hours no holidays . No respect from other members of staff. And manager is not approachable. Unhappy staff
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
On the whole fun and stable place to work lots of work could really do with 2 people especislly 1st and 2nd floors.
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex4 March 2018
On the whole a good place to work staff and residents all friendly .all though I feel they could have extra domestics as a lot of work for one person however i enjoyed the challenge of getting finished on time .
Pros
Holidays weekly wage
Cons
Not looked after if off sick just basic government sick pay
One of the better care homes to work in
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portstewart18 November 2017
A good home to work in.. good management and good team work.. good rate for overtime but not much incentive to work and not great rate of pay for holidays
Educational
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire30 August 2017
Runwood homes as a company to work for is great they push you to try need things and to go on courses. The only thing that lets them down is the salary in which they pay.
Intersting job place.
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex8 December 2016
I enjoyed this job and would love to return to the same role as this is a rewarding place to work.i used to get the bus to this job and now I'm hoping to have a car soon so I can travel easily.
Pros
Friendly staff
productive
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester31 May 2016
I had a great team to work with, but there was far too many agency staff when I worked there.
the training was good and the work environment was good. The hours were very long but reasonable breaks.
Pros
good collegues
Cons
too few staff
Productive, engaging and caring workplace.
Care Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Maldon26 January 2016
Working for Runwood Homes has been a pleasure. The team work well together, day in and day out, to ensure that the care given to our service users is second to none.

The Co-workers and management team are like a family. We were able to raise our concerns instantly as well as during the monthly staff meetings.

The Hardest part of the job is saying goodbye to our elderly service users, who have become part of our extended family. That being said, it is also the most rewarding part of our job, knowing that we had made a difference in that person's life and gave them the best care that they deserved.
Pros
Rewarding environment, Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours, Salary
Ok workplace.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Benfleet21 December 2015
Not a bad company to work for, but can be long hours and you don't receive any benefits for working nights, evenings or weekends. Staff are excellent and thoroughly care about the residents they provide care for.
runwood is a low paying company but the work there is done for the love and passion for the residents happiness
kitchen assistant to care team manager (Current Employee) –  ENG17 December 2015
runwood expect you to complete a high workload and do long hours if you put in your heart to your job it is a very secure one to be in
Pros
changing lives
Cons
Not a very good place to work.
Care team manager (Current Employee) –  Essex18 October 2015
Management not very good. Not enough time to attend to residents. Very busy and stressful for everyone. Staff are pushed to the limit with time. Always short staff and not enough staff for the number of residents they have in their homes. Good opportunities but very selective only. Turnover of staff is very very high.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Not enough staff. Too much expectation for short period of time
Awardable job,
Care worker (Current Employee) –  Luton25 March 2013
Having gained some experience in residential care, my time has been amazing and have learned alot in regards to dementia and meeting the needs of others.
Having took this time to experience this area of work I believe this will help me understand and be able to confidently meet all customers needs.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Runwood Homes. Our community is ready to answer.