Runwood Homes Management reviews

bad management, bad attitude, Chaos
care assistant (Former Employee) –  Hadleigh, ENG16 November 2015
Having worked for this company i dont know where to start, managment was rude frequently, constantly maked changes when their were more important things to look at or just didnt need changing, no one seemed to have any common sence or work as a team, if their was a problem which their were many no one did anything about it from care team manager to the manager. No discipline, Long hours, money was poor, staff turnover very high no one seemed to question why
Pros
staff friendly
Cons
management
Not a very good place to work.
Care team manager (Current Employee) –  Essex18 October 2015
Management not very good. Not enough time to attend to residents. Very busy and stressful for everyone. Staff are pushed to the limit with time. Always short staff and not enough staff for the number of residents they have in their homes. Good opportunities but very selective only. Turnover of staff is very very high.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Not enough staff. Too much expectation for short period of time
Productive busy home!
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Hadleigh, Suffolk7 September 2015
I left this job to try a different company a while ago, but came back soon after because I realised how friendly and professional the home was compared to other local care companies.
7 or 14 hour shifts. Breaks are regular. Very busy home from first thing in the morning until last thing at night. Definitely not for those looking for just a cup of tea and a chat with people! A lot of variety in what your day might entail.
Given opportunities to work towards nvq 2+
The staff are experienced, knowledgable and are genuinely caring. They work well as a team, and are willing to help new co-workers to build on experience.
Management are knowledgeable and almost always consistent, they keep updated with staff and get to know the residents regularly.

Meal times are the best opportunity to sit with residents and enjoy a meal with them.

Love my job and everything that comes with it!
Pros
supportive team, plenty to keep you busy
Cons
can be busy, long hours, lots of paperwork
Very poor management and very poor care to the residents!
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Westcliff on sea20 August 2015
I worked at crowstone for a very short period of time, whilst working here i firstly noticed it had very poor caring skills, residents weren't treated how they should be treated and were not happy there. I then noticed many of the senior care assistant didn't speak clear English so it was very hard to understand them and I can imagion it would be distressing for the residents in the home. Overall I felt like the senior care staff and management were bullies, poor care given and I wouldn't ever recommend working here or putting your relatives here. I am being 100% honest here.
Pros
There isn't any
Cons
Poor mangement, staff bullies, very poor care given.
Rewarding place to work, very engaging but extremely stressful due to being understaffed often.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thundersley, ENG8 August 2014
On a day to day basis, my role would be to assist the residents with personal care as well as cater to their nutritional needs. I would also be responsible for cleaning during a night shift as well as assisting with roles that were not necessarily in my job description when the situation called for it. I learned a lot from this role, such as patience and understanding with different types of people, as well as how to handle difficult situations. We specialised in dementia care, so I learned how to do my job whilst maintaining dignity and respect for the residents, promoting choice and independence.

I got on well with my co workers and I enjoy working with a team. I also was able to work well with the management team, often communicating with them about happenings on the shift.

I found that the hardest part of the job was how engaging the job was and how I got to meet and know some of the most interesting people that I have ever met. However, I found it difficult to speak with the families of the residents when their relative passed away. I also found it extremely stressful when we were understaffed, which happened often.
Pros
Working in a team, meeting new people, working closely with management.
Cons
Stress of being understaffed, dealing with families when a resident passed away.
un professional management team
care team manager (Current Employee) –  Whitnash, ENG29 May 2014
in the last 2 weeks the home is short-staffed, high work load, impractical targets, lack of residents choice/empowerment.
Unprofessional and uncaring home manager.
Pros
nice staff and clients
Cons
unprofessional mgt
Friendly work place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ware, ENG23 May 2014
I really enjoyed working with the elderly. My job as to make sure all residents were happy clean and tidy and want for nothing. Each resident was different and had to have their individual needs meet,some times assistance was required. Also to make sure that they had clean bedroom and personal hygiene as good. I was key worker to three residents and that meant that I had to make sure they were bathed regular that they had all there personal effects in there room. We went out for afternoons for shopping trip if family member's were no long able to take them. We had to fill out make sure care plans were filled in every day and any issue with any one was reported to management.
My co-worker were very nice and great team to work in. We always help each other out if needed.
Exhausting, under staffed. dissapointing.
Careworker (Current Employee) –  Heybridge24 April 2014
Unfortunately I have nothing good to say at all.
I learned that a typical day consisted of law breaking Health and Safety issues, fluctuating management with little or no regard for the upkeep of the home.
The hardest part of the job was letting the clients down on a regular basis through bad management.
The most enjoyment i found was the same feeling throughout the staff was felt.

I have never been made to feel as undervalued as I have here.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Not enough space to list them
good workplace
care assistance (Former Employee) –  canvey island8 April 2013
A typical day at work was a busy one,
What I learn in hand over was the wellbeing of the residents,
Management was there to help me through difficult times,
My co-workers were friendly and helpfully,
The hardest part of my job was when a resident passed away whom I got to know,
The most enjoyable part of my job was making the residents feel comfortable and happy,
Pros
friendly happy place
Cons
long hours and death