Runwood Homes Management reviews

Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shipston on Stour7 October 2019
Management was horrendous, other carers were allowed to get away with being lazy whilst making the younger people do all of the work. Carers were expected to do everything from getting everybody up in the morning to giving out meal, loading the dishwashers, doing the cleaning and everything a carer shouldn’t be doing BECAUSE ITS NOT IN THEIR CONTRACT. Don’t work there
Stressful, understaffed and underpaid
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grays, Essex18 September 2019
You’re overworked, understaffed, unappreciated and the job is very stressful and you get no thanks for what work you do for the company. Sort this out no one likes to work for a company with no benefits
Fun workplace
HOUSEKEEPER/ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  South Woodham Ferrers4 September 2019
most enjoyable is interacting with the residents on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job is not getting support from senior management and head office.
Pros
Cons
Not supportive
Worst care home
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laindon, Essex27 August 2019
Don’t work for runwoods manger doesn’t
Care about you or the resisdents Leaves resisdents until soaking in there pad manger doesn’t care about you
I wouldn’t work there again
Disgusting. Hated every minute of it
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex15 February 2019
Got told by the carehome to get signed off by a doctor and have not been paid a penny for being off sick. When asked about it they ignore me. Disgusting.
Pros
Getting to know the residents
Cons
Everything is rubbish!
Opportunities, Support and Amazing Care
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire5 February 2019
I have recently left Runwood Homes after working for them for three years in two of their Nottinghamshire homes. The homes I worked in were both lovely places to be, the care staff were incredible and it was always a pleasure to go to work and see happy residents, which is why we all do what we do at the end of the day.

The company as a whole is a very large organization which has some truly amazing individuals in it's ranks, right from carers to directors, and working for Runwood has always been a pleasure because of those people.

The training that Runwood offers is comprehensive and the Dementia Services Team are a well needed and forward thinking resource, though it sometimes felt that higher management underappreciated their strength and the value of the support they offer to the homes.

Career progression opportunities are there for the taking and training is provided and offered to further progress individuals.
The support from Head Office is amazing and I can honestly say that the staff in HR and payroll are a huge support and help to those in Admin and Management roles.

One negative I have is the lack of consistency in regional management, having had at least 6 in the three years I have worked there. (This is not to say that any of them weren't good at what they did.)

All in all, Runwood are a good company to work for. The support is there and the company has tried and tested systems and procedures in place to ensure good care delivery is paramount within the homes and staff wellbeing is supported. I loved my time at Runwood and if I hadn't have been
  more... so impatient, wanting to take the next step in my career right now, I would still be there.  less
Pros
Career progression opportunities, Support from Head Office, Training and Development, Rewarding, Dementia Services Support, Amazing Carers.
Cons
Lack of consistency with Regional Support.
Too many fingers in pies back stabbing
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire25 January 2019
No one listens management bad favourites all the way. Never any sheets towels or flannels at any time of the day. Alot of very lazy people here not cleaning up after themselves always running low on cleaning products do not waste your time on applying to work here
Pros
Residents
Worst place to work
Care Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire13 November 2018
This place is worst to work.The management are not help full at all. Care is not provided to the right standard.
Would recommend anyone to work on this place
Average Company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochford8 November 2018
Typically you are on the go from the start of your shift till the end.
I attended many courses / training programs whilst employed with Runwood Homes.
Management okay,
Workplace culture is diverse.
All aspects of the job can be demanding
It is the most personal rewarding job you will ever do.
Do not apply at wisden court stevenage
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire29 October 2018
So much happier as no longer work there. Staff are two faced and there is always Chinese whispers this also includes manger and deputy who also like to get involved with the Gossip. Staff do what they want & if your there favourites you get away with it. Management is absolutely shocking & always covering incidents up and lying. Treat staff badly with there bullying manner never get your say always how mangers like it. Management only be nice if they need you to help them out otherwise no appreciation or respect for any staff only managements favourites. Work place is completely corrupted & would not class this as a professional work place at all as ive seen it for myself and glad i got out when i did!!!!! Always short staffed. Over worked to the extreme & no incentive given for this people just work because put on the spot as pay rate is basic. PLEASE IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT APPLYING HERE JUST STOP THERE ARE MUCH MUCH BETTER CARE HOMES OUT THERE. THAT ARE RUN PROPERLY AND PROFESSIONALLY!
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Very bad management in all aspects. Poor pay, understaffed everyday. Over worked no appreciation
Terrible place. Understaffed and gives no training or induction. Staff horrible.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westwood care home in worksop21 October 2018
Don't go for a job here if you haven't done care before. And I wouldn't go if you had! It's not about care its about money. I got no induction no training and no support. Staff are stressed and shout at residents. I would not put a loved one in here at all.
Pros
None. No help no time for a break.
Cons
I haven't got time to list them!
Nice place to work.
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire18 October 2018
I have worked for 14 years at Bracebridge Court the last 5 being run by Runwood homes. The team and management at the home are great. The owners of the company visit regular and always show their appreciation for our hard work. The Work is hard but rewarding and i feel the resident sin our care are well looked after.
Pros
Nice enviroment to work.
Cons
Pay could be better but is comparable to other companies.
Carer (Current Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire18 October 2018
I have worked for Runwood Homes as a carer for 6 months. I am new to care and love my job. The work is hard but so very rewarding to see a smile on a residents face after i have done something for them is wonderful. The management is very caring and supportive. I had a good induction and hope to work here a long time.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Pay could be better.
Full on
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wymondham, Norfolk15 October 2018
Manegment are nice, but not enough staff making the work day hard, and full on! A typical day is having between 3-4 staff per floor per day. In my honest opinion the best part of the day for me is leaving off to go home and being able to rest after a long hard day at work!
Pros
Nice management
Cons
Care is at the heart of the company
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex1 October 2018
Care of the elderly is at the heart of company. There is opportunity to develop and progress from starting in care up to manager and the company recognises individual talents .
The management team is very supportive. The staff are treated fairly.
caring for the elderly can be very demanding every day is different but is very rewarding. there is everything in place to ensure the environment is a safe place for our residents to live and staff to work
Pros
friendly & supportive
Cons
To much paper work but is essential
Directors that actually care.
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands30 September 2018
I have worked for various company’s over the years, Runwood Homes Director team have made me feel welcomed and valued, the CEO personally gives his support. I am empowered to actually do my job. I have all the support and tools I need. There are regular Quality team meetings, where ideas are shared and Managers can build relationships. The Regional and Quality directors always give praise and show thanks for hard work and efforts made, the team is just that, a team; not just a number. Colleagues at H/O always happy to support.
The residents best interest and well being is the definitely the focus here, this is not always the case in large organisations.
Runwood Homes are a leading Organisation and I am pleased to be part of it.
Pros
Continued personal development and career pathway.
Runwood Homes
Home Administrator (Current Employee) –  Shoeburyness, Essex30 September 2018
I have worked for Runwood homes for 4 years as a home administrator and I have relished the journey I’ve been on in this time.
There are plenty of opportunities for progression and lots of internal and external training opportunities to sign up for. Management are supportive and listen to ideas and opinions; the door is always open!
The home I work in has a wonderful atmosphere and we all work together as a team to strive for the best possible care for our residents and their families. You can get an enormous sense of fulfilment supporting families and residents at various times in their journey.
I’ve laughed till my stomach hurts with staff; families; health professionals and residents....and shed tears when times have come to an end for some.
I feel privileged to be in the position I’m in and hope I stay part of the Runwood team for the forseable future.
Pros
Job satisfaction; management support; progression opportunities
Cons
Hourly pay - but money isn’t everything!
Well structured organisation
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex30 September 2018
Having worked with Runwood for 8 years, I can conclude that it's a great place to be. Effective management structure and training and development is the strenght of this company. Great opportunity for prepared minds is the unique identity of Runwood.
Pros
Career progression
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire27 September 2018
I have worked at one of Runwood's Homes for a year now and it is one of the best jobs I have ever had. Lovely friendly caring staff, hours suit, and I have a good working relationship with management.
Highly recommend.
Pros
No 2 days the same
Cons
Well... no one ever wants to get up in the morning and go to work do they!?
good company to work for, good management
deputy manager (Current Employee) –  wickford, essex27 September 2018
Runwood Homes are a good company to work for, offering opportunity to progress if wanted.
Good management style, fair and responsive.
Family atmosphere all round.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Runwood Homes. Our community is ready to answer.